PDA

View Full Version : Mig-29

OBIO
December 23rd, 2008, 12:13
For quite some time now, the only Mig-29 that has been available for CFS2 is the one on AB Squad.....home of Lt. Commander Rip Off Artist. Soon, there will be a Mig-29 that CFS2 fliers can use without supporting piracy.

I am converting a Mig-29 that was made by Barneybigard for FS2002. This is the exact Mig-29 that is (assumably) illegally hosted on the AB Squalor site. I have contacted Barney and have received his permission to undertake this conversion and to upload it to SOH/Combatfs.com...with the stipulation that it remain freeware....which of course it will be.

The conversion will NOT be multi-LOD. Sorry gents, I just don't have the skills for that. And it most likely will not be functional as AI....again, no skills in that area...though I am working on developing the needed skills to get planes to behave as AI. It will have a full 2D and VC panel set, dynamic shine, full animations and a good selection of skins. There is a nice collection of skins on Flightsim.com for the plane, and I will be doing new ones with more/finer detail that are CFS2 native.

No time line on when it will be uploaded.....got a pile of projects underway and a wife to tend to (not to mention all the house work, taking care of the animals, yada yada yada). I can say for certainty that it will be some time in 2009.

OBIO

dsawan
December 23rd, 2008, 12:32
looks nice obio. We could use a more recent one. thx.