PDA

View Full Version : FSX Install Question

falcon409
March 30th, 2012, 21:23
I did a fresh install of "FSX Deluxe Edition". Loaded it and flew just to see how bad it would look, lol. Then I did an installation of the "Accel Expansion Pack". Then spent about an hour accumulating all my install keys for the Flight1 Payware I plan on reloading. I loaded FSX and before I did any flying I went into the setup to map all the various buttons for my CH Throttle and Logitech Extreme 3D_Pro Joystick. After I completed that setup, I clicked on "Free Flight" and it locked up. I closed it out and restarted. The music barely started and it locked up again. This went on for several tries so I ran the "Repair" for The accel portion since everything worked fine after the base FSX was installed.

Currently, I can do anything I want in FSX up to the point where I click on "Free Flight". It immediately freezes. Any ideas before I unuinstall everything and start over?:banghead:

olaf1924
March 30th, 2012, 21:41
Falcon you might try deleting the fsx.cfg. file and let the simulator rebuild. One thing I have learned is run free flight after each add-on. I remember after installing rex free flight took ten minutes to load and play.

falcon409
March 30th, 2012, 23:26
Falcon you might try deleting the fsx.cfg. file and let the simulator rebuild. One thing I have learned is run free flight after each add-on. I remember after installing rex free flight took ten minutes to load and play.
Thanks, I had already tried that. No joy. I've already uninstalled everything and wiped it clean again. I'll try again in the morning.

Dev One
March 30th, 2012, 23:34
Did you uninstall SP2 before installing Acceleration? I believe its a requirement. Anyway good luck.
Keith

falcon409
March 30th, 2012, 23:54
Did you uninstall SP2 before installing Acceleration? I believe its a requirement. Anyway good luck.
Keith
SP2 is integrated into Acceleration.

jschall
March 31st, 2012, 02:27
Try Jésus Bojote's fsx.cfg optimization service. It might find some not-so-obvious errors.

Also, try setting sliders to low - to see if it's a RAΜ problem.

Good luck, Ed!

fxsttcb
March 31st, 2012, 03:12
Windows 7 or latest, fully updated, Vista?
If so, this may help. Put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 (http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w) in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs. I recently found out that Vista users with the most recent updates can also do the same. The Vista update replaces the uiatuomationcore.dll with a new, Win 7 type, incompatible version(7.0.6002.18508). It is not a catch all, fix all. It's normally related to mouse and menu crashes only.

The Free Flight dialog may be unaffected by Acceleration, so, uninstalling FSXA and running the Repair from Disk 1 may also fixit.

I highly recommend making a complete backup of your vigin FSX folder(s) at each service level. It eats drive space, but, is easier than a repair and much more so than a remove/re-install. Been there!...Don

Roger
March 31st, 2012, 03:27
Ed, Here's something I saved a while ago...

Below are the steps to un-install and re-install the game:
Step 1: Install Windows Installer Clean up Utility
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Click on the link given below and click on Run.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe (http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe)

2. Click on Run and then click on Run again.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Windows InstallerClean up utility.
5. After the installation is complete then click on Start and then clickon All Programs
6. At the bottom of All Programs locate and select Windows Install CleanUp.
7. A window will appear with the list of multiple programs installed onyour system.
9. Click On Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then click on Remove.
NOTE: Make sure that only Microsoft Flight Simulator X is selectedand nothing else.
8. Once the game is un-installed exit the utility, restart the systemand then remove the game from Windows registry completely.

Step: Delete the game from Registry
----------------------------------------
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problemsthat may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannotguarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editorincorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. If you wish you can contactyour system manufacturer to delete the registry entries.

1. Click on Start and in the search box type regedit and hit Enter
2. Type "REGEDIT" in the Run open box.
3. Press OK, Registry Editor page will load
4. On the top Left side of the screen look for"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", then click on the +sign beside that
5. Click on the +sign beside "Software"
6. Click on the +sign beside "Microsoft"
7. Click on the +sign beside "Microsoft Games"
8. Locate "Flight simulator X" and delete the folder. Click onyes when it asks to delete this key and all of its sub keys.
9. Click on edit and click on Find next
10. In the find box type Flight Simulator and click on Find next
11. Delete he entry that is found and then press F3 to find the nextentry. Keep on pressing F3 until all the entries of Flight simulator have beendeleted.
12. Close the Registry editor.
Follow step 2 to restart the system using the clean boot method.

Step 2: Restart your computer using clean boot.
----------------------------------------
When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are a number of programs thatstart automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the game.These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When youperform a clean boot, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.To restart your computer by using a clean boot procedure, follow these stepswhen you are using Windows XP.

Note: - You may experience a temporary loss of some servicesfunctionality when you follow these steps. Restoring the settings restores thefunctionality, but may result in the return of the original error message orbehavior.

1. Click on Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the following check boxes:
- Process SYSTEM.INI File
- Process WIN.INI File
- Load Startup Items
5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Servicescheck box.
6. On the Startup Tab, click the option "Disable All"
7. Click on Apply, then click on Close, and then click on Restart.
Step 3: Installation of game
-----------------------------
1. Insert the game disc in the drive.
Note: Do not click Express Install during setup.
2. Follow the setup menus until you see the Change button.
3. Click Change.
4. In the Path box, delete the existing path, and then type drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X . In this example, drive isthe drive letter of the hard disk.
5. Click OK when you are finished.
6. Follow the directions that appear on the screen to install the game.

Microsoft Product Support Services
http://support.microsoft.com/games (http://support.microsoft.com/games)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

falcon409
March 31st, 2012, 07:14
Well, I don't know what the problem was, but it's working fine now, albeit with just the basics. Wiped everything off the Flightsim HDD and started again from scratch. I haven't installed any of the addons so I'm running strictly default. Trying not to think about everything I've lost. . . .scenery, liveries I'd just finished, all the cockpit updates I'd done, everything gone. This will be a slow comeback, lol.

stovall
March 31st, 2012, 07:50
Know the feeling Ed, most of us have been there. Remember, if there is something specific you need to recover, somethings we in the community can help. We may have some of the things you need to recover. Just ask and you shall receive.

big-mike
March 31st, 2012, 07:53
Very sad to read about the problems you`ve got now,Ed.
Wish you all the best and hope you`ll get it sorted.
Michael