PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-51D 'Pee Wee'

DaveQ
March 30th, 2012, 07:46
I've not done an Iwo Jima one till now but having got Tom Stovall's awesome scenery and an old book with this one in, I decided to break the habit of a lifetime....:salute:

Lt. Lucien Parish's 'Pee Wee', 44-63416 (I think!) of the 78th Fighter Squadron, 'The Bushmasters'. The kill marks are made up. The 'Bushmasters' eventually found their way to Bentwaters in the 1960's flying another old favourite of mine, the F-101A/C single-seat Voodoo (wish somebody would do that for FSX!!).

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/DaveQ-photos/P-51DPeeWee1.jpg

BTW the yellow looks a bit dark - anyone got a better colour photo or any idea what the true colour should be? John?

DaveQ

Bomber_12th
March 30th, 2012, 08:41
That looks refreshingly wonderful, Dave!

I don't have any knowledge of color photos from the squadron. As a "critique", the only thing I would do with the yellow, as you have it, would be to just reduce the saturation, just a bit, to mute the color a little (though I think the amount of red in the yellow is perfect - i.e., it's not "too yellow", and I also think the darkness/lightness is just fine).

stovall
March 30th, 2012, 09:17
DaveQ, very nice work. I think John hit the nail on the head. The yellow color is perfect, a slight reduction in saturation would make her perfect. Really appreciate you doing Pee Wee as my Margaret IV will have a flying mate. Be sure to let us know when she leaves the paint shop.

skyhawka4m
March 30th, 2012, 15:43
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I agree on a smidge of saturation reduction. :applause: