PDA

View Full Version : Old farm textures

aeromed202
March 28th, 2012, 17:59
It's been a while but I noticed FSPlanet is back up. That was the last place I saw a texture set for rural US midwest farmland. It looked pretty good with big green squares, at least until it met with a town or city. Does anyone know the author or other key words to search for it with?

llanning08
March 29th, 2012, 07:23
Try Joe R. Gonzalez as author.

He did a Midwest Rural Textures series: (Fall, Summer & Winter), and a "Bevelled" Midwest Summer Textures.

They came out on Avsim in 2005. Looks like they were lost in the "hack", but I do have a copy.

They are quite nice looking in FS9.

Willy
March 29th, 2012, 17:08
I like having farms around too. Found this one after I landed in the middle of a blizzard. Any port in a storm...

aeromed202
March 30th, 2012, 05:48
Searching using the authors name I found some pics on other forums that showed the reason I must have taken the files out and later lost them. I'd still like to have another look to see if they would be acceptable in certain areas where the interfacing is not so severe. They did look pretty nice especially around sunset.

Bookman1960
April 3rd, 2012, 14:08
I just ran a search in the Avsim library and found two files:

Filename:
midwest_summer_textures.zip

License:
Freeware, limited distribution

Added:
8th January 2004

Downloads:

Author:
Joseph R. Gonzalez

Size:
2029kb

Filename:
murky_water.zip

License:
Freeware, limited distribution

Added:
8th April 2004

Downloads:

Author:
Joseph Gonzalez

Size:
2kb

These appear to be the ones you are looking for.

------------------

Searching using the authors name I found some pics on other forums that showed the reason I must have taken the files out and later lost them. I'd still like to have another look to see if they would be acceptable in certain areas where the interfacing is not so severe. They did look pretty nice especially around sunset.

aeromed202
April 4th, 2012, 05:18
Thanks for the responses. Since I first tried these out I have added GE, UT and a better mesh. The outcome this time seems to be that only the grid-like road system is lying on top of the more irregular mesh and without the green furrow texture. I'll have to play with this a little as I also don't exactly know where the new textures should appear geographically, other than the appearance of the roads. I managed to install a second FS9 but have not yet figured out how to create an independent start icon for it, although I know there are posts on that I have not yet looked at. Once I do that I'll use it to see how these files look and take it from there.

modelr
April 5th, 2012, 05:37
Thanks for the responses. Since I first tried these out I have added GE, UT and a better mesh. The outcome this time seems to be that only the grid-like road system is lying on top of the more irregular mesh and without the green furrow texture. I'll have to play with this a little as I also don't exactly know where the new textures should appear geographically, other than the appearance of the roads. I managed to install a second FS9 but have not yet figured out how to create an independent start icon for it, although I know there are posts on that I have not yet looked at. Once I do that I'll use it to see how these files look and take it from there.

aeromed,
Simply rename your start exe to whatever, in your main folder. Make a shortcut for it by right clicking, and there you go.