PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill Time!

ryanbatc
March 28th, 2012, 16:37
So I was reading over at avsim where Mr. Stolle announced he was working on a King Air 350 fde for a developer that already creates high quality models, and its not Carenado.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/268397-carenado-aircraft-wish-list/page__st__300#entry2306501

Who could it be? Milviz?

Felixthreeone
March 28th, 2012, 16:48
PMDG, Aerosoft, The new Aeroworx (Flight1?)...there are many possibilities...but regardless of the specific development house, If they had enough sense to hire him to do the FDE then they are on the right track!!!

ryanbatc
March 28th, 2012, 16:54
I doubt it's F1 - they were doing that King air 200... and it was fairly far along from what I recall.

Felixthreeone
March 28th, 2012, 17:13
I doubt it's F1 - they were doing that King air 200... and it was fairly far along from what I recall.

...I was, perhaps mistakenly, under the impression that project was scrapped....In favor of a newer and more advanced variant?? I do believe I read that somewhere...but, with all of the new products in development these days, it is entirely possible I am wrong...

snowbird552
March 28th, 2012, 17:32
Eaglesoft perhaps?

ryanbatc
March 28th, 2012, 17:56
...I was, perhaps mistakenly, under the impression that project was scrapped....In favor of a newer and more advanced variant?? I do believe I read that somewhere...but, with all of the new products in development these days, it is entirely possible I am wrong...

Oh?

Hmmm

MenendezDiego
March 28th, 2012, 18:24
Someone say Milviz?

Regards, Diego

Felixthreeone
March 28th, 2012, 18:42
Someone say Milviz?

Regards, Diego

....Ooooohhhhhh c'mon now......clearly you chimed in with that for a reason? I hope? Could it be true? Do tell!!!

MenendezDiego
March 28th, 2012, 18:57
....Ooooohhhhhh c'mon now......clearly you chimed in with that for a reason? I hope? Could it be true? Do tell!!!

http://i.imgur.com/AQALU.jpg

...wanna die?:icon_lol:

SeanTK
March 28th, 2012, 20:01
Ohhh...come on Diego, you can't tease the forum like that! :icon_lol: :jump:

Looks like the FSX users that miss the Aeroworx product will finally have a couple of King Airs to play with in the future!

EDIT: Looking further in the thread, Mr. Stolle said that it's not a PMDG production, and that whoever is creating it will likely sell it through Flight1.

Ok Diego, where are the images! :icon_lol:

MenendezDiego
March 28th, 2012, 20:44
http://sbrownehr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

strykerpsg
March 28th, 2012, 21:20
http://sbrownehr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

LMAO, classic Diego. Watch out, now the wheels will be spinning by the other developers to get one out before they do.....just to get an entry level edge on the market. Given the quality of your teams Skycrane, Strike Eagle, and Talon, I hope it's a accurate rumor.

With regards to the other developers with one in the making, bring it on. There's been such a drought for so long...can never have too many King Airs.

ryanbatc
March 29th, 2012, 10:23
That's why I guessed Milviz...

1) Sold through F1
2) High quality addons created

Time will tell lol!

Felixthreeone
March 29th, 2012, 17:01
Guaranteed purchase. AS long as they don't beat me up again on Facebook.

stansdds
March 30th, 2012, 02:11
Gee, we have a C90 on final and now a B350i in development? Already on the market is the Friendly Panels B350 (nice cockpit, crummy exterior), the stock B350 (nice exterior, crummy cockpit), and the AFG B300 that can be ported to FSX (so far, my favorite King Air). If the FSX B200 ever sees the light of day then we will have a fairly complete King Air family!

I do judge any King Air offering against the AFG B300. The AFG offering really was payware class software, I was sorry to see AFG vanish into the ether.

expat
March 30th, 2012, 02:49
I do judge any King Air offering against the AFG B300. The AFG offering really was payware class software, I was sorry to see AFG vanish into the ether.

As another King Air junkie in FSX, I second that. Amazed it is taking this long for a decent payware native B200 to appear. It is I believe the longest continuing manufactured GA a/c.

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2012, 10:43
There's the post I was looking for from F1 regarding a new BE20:

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/aeroworx-king-air-b200-for-fsx-conversion-tool_topic40750.html

About middle of the thread...

Sounds like it will be a G1000 cockpit... bleh... the Mustang is still one of the hardest hitting resource hogging planes we have. Maybe they've optimized the code??

stansdds
March 30th, 2012, 15:25
Well, the G1000 cockpit is nice... but not really my cup of tea. I prefer seeing those "steam" gauge needles sweeping around the dial face. Besides, how many B200's in the world have glass cockpits vs. analog?

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2012, 16:19
Well, the G1000 cockpit is nice... but not really my cup of tea. I prefer seeing those "steam" gauge needles sweeping around the dial face. Besides, how many B200's in the world have glass cockpits vs. analog?

Not many if I had to guess... those they do get retrofitted often. Yeah I wish it was a steam gauge plane but the C90 from Carenado pretty much takes care of that minus the PFD and EHSI

Felixthreeone
March 30th, 2012, 17:59
There has not, to my knowledge, been a steam gauge equipped King Air to leave the assembly line in quite a while...all new deliveries are with some concoction of glass....

CBris
March 30th, 2012, 21:08
I'd love to see Realair doing this, but if Bernd is involved it may be coming from the same stable that released the Piper PA31 and the Do27?

But that is pure speculation. The least I can hope for a developer who is good at mapping and painting and one who is ACCURATE with the model (research, research, research!) - which sadly all too many "commercial" developers do not do enough of these days.

Oh - before the fires start ;) I do realise there is a cut-off point between doing enough research and then going for "impossible" perfection.

Victory103
March 31st, 2012, 01:03
There has not, to my knowledge, been a steam gauge equipped King Air to leave the assembly line in quite a while...all new deliveries are with some concoction of glass....

Very true, even the military versions. I'll be stepping up to the Pro Line 21 suite later this year. All the advert's I've seen for the G1000 STC for King Air's look great, with a 15" center MFD, but I do agree if it drops FPS how can you enjoy actually flying the model.