PDA

View Full Version : FS9 in 64bit

Willy
March 28th, 2012, 15:47
I'm looking at a XP 64 bit comp and was wondering if it will run FS9 as is or do I have to monkey with the settings? Also what about the older development tools like FS Panel Studio, Air File editor, DXTBMP, Paint Shop Pro, AFCAD, yRoute, etc?

It's about time to retire the 10 year old XP comp. It's been a good one, but there's a lot of stuff these days that it just won't run.

modelr
March 28th, 2012, 17:22
Willy

Before I went to Win7 64bit, I upgraded my XP to 64bit. Everything worked fine. If it worked in XP, it worked in 64bit.

I have run into a few things that I wish worked in Win7 but don't. They worked fine in XP 64. Like the Abacus panel designer, which I had just bought and installed about a week before my upgrade to Win7. It worked in XP, but not Win 7, and can't seem to find/receive any info from Abacus.

Rallymodeller
March 28th, 2012, 18:09
I run Win7 in 64-bit and have had few problems; the only ones I have had are with incompatible installers. I cannot run FS Repaint as it does not allow itself to be run in 64-bit mode, and some older payware add-ons (I'm thinking Piper Meridian, but can't remember the mfr) don't work either.

Overall, though, there's been no change in how FS9 performs.

Devildog73
March 28th, 2012, 23:25
I have multi-installs on my computers of XP 32, WIN7 32, and WIN7 64.

As long as you give yourself admin rights to the folder and all subfolders and files, FS2004/FS9, CFS, CFS2 all work just fine in 64 bith environment. Or, at least they do for me and I tweak and manipulate lots of files in all to make them everything that they can be with all or our add-on options available now.

Ascua02
March 29th, 2012, 04:21
hi Willi
Ihave been running everything fs9 and the rest of the usual suspects in XP64 for the past 2 years and not a problem

Saludos