PDA

View Full Version : Didn't intend to understand everything, mission accomplished ...

Paul Anderson
March 28th, 2012, 14:50
... got tired of my free antivurus program (yes. worked great - they have my thanks for years of protecting my computer) doing popups while doing update/advertising new payware releases.
After seeing the good vibes here on MS Security Essentials, switched over to that. (yes, I uninstalled the old)

What I don't understand is why in cockpit view everything is so much louder.
I can dial the settings back, but why the need - was previous antivurus program (no, won't say name) supressing some current sound driver?

All is well now, just being curious.

papab
March 28th, 2012, 16:38
I to ditched my AVAST after reading Falcons issues he recently had with AVAST and the virus...
MSE is now installed on my computer and it seems to boot up faster

Have not noticed any sound difference in the VC but will check it out

The reviews that were posted convinced me as well to move to MSE!
Thanks for the input folks........

I sure hope Falcon gets things sorted out real soon.....

Rick

Paul-love your profile picture-MG by chance?

Paul Anderson
March 28th, 2012, 20:33
Papab,
yes, 1954 MGTF.

robertorizzo
March 29th, 2012, 00:23
Another one here that sent the old good avirus into the basket and downloaded MSE.
I do not know if this has been a good idea.
I still didn't load FSX.
Strange how things go fast through the net.

papab
March 29th, 2012, 02:40
Papab,
yes, 1954 MGTF.

Beautiful!!

Rick

mal998
March 29th, 2012, 06:32
Re: AVAST

I have the payware edition. This morning I went looking for some panel info on the web, got a malware warning, AVAST islolated the website and infected files and saved my butt. Haven't been successfully attacked in 2 years. When flying FSX, I always turn off all periferal programs including virus protection.

robertorizzo
March 29th, 2012, 10:12
MSE, now my coatl GSX doesn't work anymore, crashes to desktop.

guzler
March 29th, 2012, 11:34
I changed to MSE a while ago, works a treat and no pop ups. Highly recommeded, no issues here.

Paul Anderson
March 31st, 2012, 19:44
62215So far, so good for ms security essentials.
Have to agree windows starts much faster, guessing boot windows authenticity verification passed off to MSSE update done later.
No downside I can see.

Bigger picture (hopefully) for Papab. Have put about 20k into it after this 5/6 year old pic.
Redid interior, new side curtains, top, added bumper overriders, luggage rack, etc.
Not quite as old as me, nor (as the gals say) quite as much fun.