PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic Question..

rdaniell
March 20th, 2012, 08:30
Anybody run into this situation....All of my custom AI traffic works as programmed with one exception. Here's the exception: I have one airplane that is supposed to taxi out, take off, fly around for a little while, return and land. Well all this one does is taxi out onto the runway and just sits there until it times out and dissappears.

It's not the airplane as it works fine at other airports. I have also tried other airplanes. So I'm assumming it is the airport. This particular airport is a little farm strip that I constructed using ADEX. No matter what I try, I get the same results. I don't have this problem with any of the stock airports that I have enhanced using ADEX. I do not have this problem with this same strip in FS9 which was built using ADE9.

Any thoughts fellows?

Romeo-Delta

SeanTK
March 20th, 2012, 08:50
Without showing a screenshot of the layout, I can't be too specific, but it sounds like that airport's runway hold short line is either missing or in a location that messes up the movements. From my understanding, even if it's a little farm strip that in the real world isn't going to have an abundance of markings, ADEX still needs a "hold short line" designated near the runway.

rdaniell
March 20th, 2012, 08:55
Without showing a screenshot of the layout, I can't be too specific, but it sounds like that airport's runway hold short line is either missing or in a location that messes up the movements. From my understanding, even if it's a little farm strip that in the real world isn't going to have an abundance of markings, ADEX still needs a "hold short line" designated near the runway.

I do not have a hold short line at either end of the runway. I'm open ADEX and put one in there. Let you know what happens.

RD

Dave Torkington
March 20th, 2012, 09:28
Hi Romeo-Delta,

Can you give a bit more info? You mention that the AI should 'fly around for a little while'. Does the flight plan for the AI in question send it to another local airport for a T & G or does it fly to a waypoint you've created?

Maybe a search through the AI section of FSDeveloper may give you a solution too? http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Thanks, Dave.

rdaniell
March 20th, 2012, 09:29

Well Doctor SeanTK, that was the correct diagnosis. :applause: The airplane now flys exactly according to the traffic bgl. Thanks a bunch.:icon29:

Romeo-Delta