PDA

View Full Version : Windows7 x64 and CFS2

erufle
March 20th, 2012, 01:13
I just tried to run CFS2 on my wife's new Dell with Windows7 x64. The program starts up fine but gives me an error code saying it cannot load the plane I've chosen and the mission data are invalid (something like that) whenever I try to fly a mission or campaign. Now I have no problems running it on my HP with Windows7 x32. I looked up this issue in previous threads and the only thing I found is that Windows7 x64 has a problem loading 2D panels.

What is the latest verdict? Does CFS2 run on the 64 bit OS or not? If it does, what do I need to do to get it running right?

watchdog22
March 20th, 2012, 02:00
Hi Ed, I have CFS2 running perfectly on Win7x64 HP desktop. The only problem I eventually experienced was not being able to reopen a current game after minimizing it. I used Ccleaner to check the registry and that fixed it. I hope you find the problem as mine ran fine first time

nik112
March 20th, 2012, 08:41
Me too. no problem, runs fine
cheers

kwb737
March 20th, 2012, 11:44
Mine also is a Dell with Windows 7 x64. No problems.

erufle
March 21st, 2012, 03:00
Thanks guys. I guess there just isn't enough time to mess around trying to get things to work that won't. I wanted to make sure before I started.

bobhegf
March 21st, 2012, 22:24
I have win7 64 bit os on a compaq and CFS2 does fine.

voyager
March 22nd, 2012, 07:01
No problems either other than what watchdog22 said but found a way around that if I understand what he is saying.

Instead of minimumizing the game with the "-" on the screen use the "start" key on the keyboard (one of my keyboards says Start, the other just has the MS Logo on it). To bring the game back just click on the CFS2 ikon in the toolbar. Works for me and I hope it does for anyone else.

voyager

erufle
March 31st, 2012, 02:36
OK, now I am thinking about trying this again today but there is still the specific error code I get that I have never seen in 10 tears of flying CFS2 that I need info on. I seem to have omitted it when i originally asked this question. It says it cannot load the 2d panel for a plane. I tried different missions from different campaigns that use different planes. So, I doubt this is a problem with just one plane (I maintain that I have poor attention to details so don't take that last statement too seriously. However, since all of these missions worked on my regular computer I don't think it could be something like not having a panel installed correctly.

What sayeth the gurus? (Sorry, I am narrator for our parish's passion play tomorrow an its affecting my speech)

UncleTgt
March 31st, 2012, 05:54
Ed,

Probably this issue then, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?63768-OH-Aircraft-improvements-and-tweaks-by-Allen&p=689931&viewfull=1#post689931

seems to be perculiar to WIN 7 installs.:isadizzy:

Quebec_01
April 1st, 2012, 04:48
Whenever I get a specific error code, I note it down and Google it as in "error code xxxxx" including the " " s
Try that and you should probably find your much needed answer.

Good Luck

Q

:sleep: I need an avatar....