PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo F9F 1.1 available

JAllen
March 19th, 2012, 10:26
Is this the update we've all been looking for? Just announced on FaceBook.

papab
March 19th, 2012, 11:25
Yes it is...
See this link to Vertigo forums-last post(#6):

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?259-Panther-Official-Patch-v1-1-(in-progress)

Deano will update as different vendors update their installers
Rick

CodyValkyrie
March 19th, 2012, 11:48
Great! Thank you guys. Downloading now. :)

Bone
March 19th, 2012, 12:55
I bought the Panther directly through Vertigo Sudios, but just now when I went to DL the new version, the only DL link in my account is for the extra paint package that I bought along with it.

Have you guys DL'd the new installer directly through Vertigo Studios?

Deano
March 19th, 2012, 13:00
Hi guys, just got back from dinning out with the wife, quality time and all that... :salute:

ok a little explanation as to why we haven't sent out a newsletter and only release the news via social sites.

The main reason is because 3rd party stores are very slow to react, if it was a new product it would be instant ;) lets proceed.

I've emailed all of our 3rd party stores asking them to mail me back once the new installer is in place. Once they all have confirmed to me that the new installer is go to go then I will release a more formal announcement, otherwise I would be having to release 4 announcements, not only wouild this piss off the guys that have subscribed to our newsletter, they would then most likely un-subscribe from our list - which isn't good at all. This is the main reason as to why we've kept it low key.

Its been a long time waiting and its been more trouble than its worth. From personal experience, If I would have known what was in the future for the Panther I wouldn't have started the Panther from the word go. Things got nasty and out of hand and there was absolutely nothing that I could have done to help the situation. For this I apologise.

At present, pcsimstore.com and pcaviator.com now have the new installer in place.

For the ones that had purchased the panther from the old vertigo studios store that's wanting / needing the patch, send me your sales details and we will then require you to register on pcsimstore.com so I can credit your account with the Panther.

Above all, thank's for hanging in there, I promised you a patch where many have openly stated that I'm a fraud and a liar in public. I'm eagerly awaiting your apologies via email ! :wavey:

Joking aside, I hope this completes your F9F Panther experience.

papab
March 19th, 2012, 13:07
Thanks Deano!
Waiting for FSPilotshop to update their installer

Best Regards,
Rick Brown

CodyValkyrie
March 19th, 2012, 13:08
When I'm done editing, I'll give her a thorough play through. I'm sure I'll be happy with what you provided.

Deano
March 19th, 2012, 13:11
For extended support, if you can't wait for the other stores to update the files, register on pcsimstore.com send me your email address with proof of purchase and I'll credit your accounts with the new Panther.

www.vertigostudios.co.uk/helpdesk

Ian Warren
March 19th, 2012, 13:19
Sweet thanks Dean , I'm going in......... Were do we get such men :icon_lol:

Bone
March 19th, 2012, 13:22
At present, pcsimstore.com and pcaviator.com now have the new installer in place.

For the ones that had purchased the panther from the old vertigo studios store that's wanting / needing the patch, send me your sales details and we will then require you to register on pcsimstore.com so I can credit your account with the Panther.

Above all, thank's for hanging in there, I promised you a patch where many have openly stated that I'm a fraud and a liar in public. I'm eagerly awaiting your apologies via email ! :wavey:

Joking aside, I hope this completes your F9F Panther experience.

I remember the thread that you're refering to, and it was ugly. I'll send my info to the email you have posted above. I just posted a thread over at your forums, you can disregard that one.

hschuit
March 19th, 2012, 13:24
Deano, thank you for finalizing the patch, specially after the problems you had to overcome getting this done. Even without it, the Panther is still one of my favorites, just hoping now the good people at FSPilotShop.com will make the new installer available soon...

cheers, Henk.

Roger
March 19th, 2012, 13:32
Thanks Deano:applause:

StormILM
March 19th, 2012, 13:43
Dean, just sent in my info to you at your helpdesk and am registered to PCSimstore now. Eagerly and patiently awaiting my turn to try out the updated Panther.

Thanks for doing all that you and the other team members have done to help make this update a reality considering the difficulties and odds such unforeseen circumstances you were placed in and now have triumphed!

:applause::applause::applause:

Deano
March 19th, 2012, 14:01
In all honesty I'm embarrassed that our customers had to go through the situation, if anything its put a damper on our reputation which in turn will take a long time to get back.

Roger
March 19th, 2012, 14:45
You're working late Deano...got my download already:icon29:

stovall
March 19th, 2012, 14:54
Roger, a quote from Deano is he is working his fingers to the bone. Got my download as well Deano, thanks for going the extra mile.

gradyhappyg
March 19th, 2012, 14:57
For those of us that have the add on paint pack does the patch overwrite the aircraft.cfg?

Deano
March 19th, 2012, 14:59
For those of us that have the add on paint pack does the patch overwrite the aircraft.cfg?

YES. please please do not run the installer for the paint pack until I upload a new build tomorrow for it. :kilroy:

Deano
March 19th, 2012, 15:00
Roger, a quote from Deano is he is working his fingers to the bone. Got my download as well Deano, thanks for going the extra mile.like little bees wings :jump:

gradyhappyg
March 19th, 2012, 15:04
Thanks for the info Deano.
Also disregard the support ticket. You guys are faster than I am as on checking my account the download was already available.
Should have checked my account first DUH!
Sorry!

Warrant
March 19th, 2012, 15:29
Deano, thanks for the smooth and fast transition of my original purchase to my pcsimstore account. Much appreciated.
Just a small question (perhaps already mentioned earlier in this thread, sorry for that); Back in the day's i purchased the base model and the repaint-package separately. Is all included in the new updated install, or do i need to submit a separate ticket for the repaint package (or does the package work with the new install). I should post this @ the Vertigo forum as well, but now people @ SOH will know this question already has been asked.

Thanks for the effort regarding the patch/new release.

Cannot wait untill tomorrow, when i will install.

Best regards, warrant

Deano
March 19th, 2012, 15:36
Hi warrant, I'll credit your account with the paint addon also, however please don't install the the paint addon until I release a press note otherwise it will bugger up the initial panther install.

Deano, thanks for the smooth and fast transition of my original purchase to my pcsimstore account. Much appreciated.
Just a small question (perhaps already mentioned earlier in this thread, sorry for that); Back in the day's i purchased the base model and the repaint-package separately. Is all included in the new updated install, or do i need to submit a separate ticket for the repaint package (or does the package work with the new install). I should post this @ the Vertigo forum as well, but now people @ SOH will know this question already has been asked.

Thanks for the effort regarding the patch/new release.

Cannot wait untill tomorrow, when i will install.

Best regards, warrant

JAllen
March 19th, 2012, 15:59
In all honesty I'm embarrassed that our customers had to go through the situation, if anything its put a damper on our reputation which in turn will take a long time to get back.

Deano, not everyone, some have waited for your problems to resolve and prayed all along they would. Some of us have every FSX aircraft you have built and even some from FS9 days. With us your "rep" has never been in question.

Jim
AKA OldCrow47

falcon409
March 19th, 2012, 17:13
It's been so long I forgot where I bought it, lol. Gotta go searching now.

doublecool
March 20th, 2012, 00:11
One Question, after you retract the tail hook upon carrier landing

How do you get it to extend again? :wiggle:
after take off and re approach to carrier I can't get the bugger to extend out again :wavey:

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 02:34
It is supposed to, thats the reason why it was on our fix list.

It should re-extend if the handle is pulled out again.

will look into this.

after take off and re approach to carrier I can't get the bugger to extend out again :wavey:

CodyValkyrie
March 20th, 2012, 02:38
Got a chance to fly her tonight after work. Very happy with what I see. She is going to get a hell of a lot of flight time I think. Thank you for the support after all this time. We really do appreciate it.

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 02:44
I gave my word and was committed, it just been a battle that's all to get the source files that would allow us to provide the update.

The new installer for paint pack addon is being uploaded as I type here.

There's '2' things that everyone knows about it outside of work and they are, I don't lie and I certainly don't take kindly to accusations stating that I'm a fraud.

Hopefully the latest happenings will put a block on all those thoughts and musings :)

papab
March 20th, 2012, 02:48
Thanks Deano...

FSPILOT shop has been updated to 1.1

Off to fly

Rick

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 03:19
I haven't received an email from fspilotshop.

1 store remaining, flightsimstore.com

flaviossa
March 20th, 2012, 04:16
Thanks Deano, nice patch! :salute:

fleurdelys
March 20th, 2012, 04:55
Merci Deano,

That was fast service !

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Scandinavian
March 20th, 2012, 06:38
Just got a email from simmarket. So it's out there also. :)

Lateral-G
March 20th, 2012, 11:25

Your rep was never in question for me. I have quite a few of your planes and love each of them.

Thanks for the update. I'll try d/l this evening.

-G-

imn2sims
March 20th, 2012, 13:37
I haven't received an email from fspilotshop.

1 store remaining, flightsimstore.com

So then can I correctly assume from this that PCAviator has the 1.1 version? That's where I purchased mine.

Thanks and congratulations on the update, looking forward to flying her again.

Steve

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 14:01
As far as I know, the only store that hasn't got back to me is www.flightsimstore.com

But there email replies are not much to be desired.

rvn817j
March 20th, 2012, 14:16
I just flew the F9F 1.1 patch around the 'patch' a few times. Great looking and great handling plane. (I had to 'crank up' the Accusim, but after cranking it adds some realistic sounds.)

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 14:17
lol, hi guys ok I need to set a standard operating procedure If your needing the new Panther and you purchased it from another site please take the following into consideration before sending in a Support Ticket to www.vertigostudios.co.uk/helpdesk (http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/helpdesk)

State where you purchased the product from initially
Your license key
Date and order # of the purchase
Make sure your registered on www.pcsimstore.com (http://www.pcsimstore.com) and add your email to the support ticket

For those still waiting, I'm working as fast as I can through the list, so I'll get to you as fast as my little fingers can prod :)

What I can't help with is.order # blah, I bought panther on blah and also have all your products etc can they be added also

doublecool
March 20th, 2012, 16:34
It is supposed to, thats the reason why it was on our fix list.

It should re-extend if the handle is pulled out again.

will look into this.

Thank you...Deano
and Thank you for the Patch

falcon409
March 20th, 2012, 21:22
Well, I would fill out a support ticket for this but after filling one out and pressing send it keeps telling me to include my license and Sales info. . . .which is included in the message just like the one I sent several hours ago to get the new download. I filled this one out just like the first one and it went through fine. Why doesn't this one work? It's kinda frustrating when you know the info is included but the support desk is saying it's not.

Anyway. I installed the new update, loaded the airplane, got the questions about loading this gauge and that gauge, all that went normally and I loaded the flight. I never flew it as I was working on a new scenery. When I needed to close th sim out I did so after saving the flight. When I reloaded the flight it told me my License was invalid and to contact Customer Support.

doublecool
March 21st, 2012, 22:32

Gentlemen,

Again for your info,
trying to due practice Catches and launches,
once Tail hook retracted it will not re-extend :salute: tryed several time and rebooted
just me?

expat
March 22nd, 2012, 01:35
Check your air.cfg to see if it now references v1.1 at the top.

I am half way through the new install (work requires the rest waits till the weekend). While I did "uninstall" v1.0 per Dean's instructions, I still have the 1.0 aircraft after running the 1.1 installer which, I expect is because I should have also deleted the F9F folder itself.

StormILM
March 22nd, 2012, 02:43
Expat, I also did the uninstall exactly as prescribed and cleaned out the leftover folder from my simobjects/aircraft folder. I also have v 1.0 listed in my cfg file. I also have the issue with the tailhook reset not working as mentioned(it retracts but can be redeployed on the same flight). I've scoured the model and only found this issue and the left aileron trim tab still suspended-detached from the left aileron below the trailing edge surface(the right side was fixed). The latter issue is only visible from the VC and not noticeable as was the right side unless you look back at the left aileron in full deflection or adjust your view outside the VC. Deano knows about that and the tailhook and left aileron trim tab issue and is looking into both. The other wide range of fixes is outstanding and the model seems to run smoother on my system than the previous version.

doublecool
March 22nd, 2012, 02:57
Yes as directed uninstall deleted folder and extra paints before new ins// VERTIGO STUDIOS oh and added Vstudio paints
this is what my config states at the top
// GRUMMAN F9F-5/P PANTHER
// VERSION 1.0.05012011
// FSXtall

jojohnson9
March 22nd, 2012, 03:48
Yes as directed uninstall deleted folder and extra paints before new ins// VERTIGO STUDIOS oh and added Vstudio paints
this is what my config states at the top
// GRUMMAN F9F-5/P PANTHER
// VERSION 1.0.05012011
// FSXtall

This is the same thing I have after complete uninstall and new install of 1.1. And also no tailhook extension after initial trap. I'll try again after I play golf today....temperatures here in Maine will be in the 80s (f) today! Gotta get outside.

expat
March 22nd, 2012, 04:55
Does anyone know what the 1.1 changes are? Haven't seen a list. Perhaps will try installing to a new folder and have a poke around . .

Deano
March 22nd, 2012, 05:11
Although changes was made to the .cfg file, we didnt alter the header in the .cfg

However, when running the installer if you see 1.1 then you have indeed installed the 1.1

Please note if support is required, its best to always open a support ticket. We simply don't have the man power to monitor third party sites and I don't want to have to keep jumping from forum to forum to help customers.

We have in place forums for general conversation at vertigo studios and also a fully effective support system.

Expat, on our forums we have a list of corrections displayed.

The Tailhook will be correct.

keatles
March 22nd, 2012, 14:48
Thanks Deano

I was quickly informed, and while I slept my order was regenerated.
Downloaded and installed in 10 minutes. However, the test-flight took over an hour - I could not stop!
Kudos to Deano and VS for great service for a great product, now even better.

:applause::applause::applause:

expat
March 24th, 2012, 01:19
Just wanted to say that with the update she is sweeter than ever to look at and fly. Trapped aboard CV-32. Like others, I got the hook to retract but it would not extend again when attempting another arrested landing. Thanks Deano for your work and continuing commitment to us Panther pilots.

TARPSBird
March 24th, 2012, 17:05
I addressed the tailhook problem via a support ticket and received a satisfactory response. Thanks to Deano and crew for correcting that glitch and whatever else has come up.

falcon409
March 24th, 2012, 17:37
I addressed the tailhook problem via a support ticket and received a satisfactory response. Thanks to Deano and crew for correcting that glitch and whatever else has come up.
Yep, just waiting to see. . . . . .

Stickshaker
April 15th, 2012, 02:33
Hello Deano,

This morning I realized that I still have no mail from Vertigo with information on how to get the patch. What should I do? Am I the only one or are you still busy contacting all Panther owners?

Regards,

I'm in your files as Stickshaker

falcon409
April 15th, 2012, 05:23
What's the latest on the "Tailhook"??

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 15th, 2012, 05:36
Hi , re tailhook , i have more decoding to do on that , and will likely end up needing to redo that from scratch, there are a number of interacting gauges and partcodes vying for control of the tailhook and so far i have had to go through the code line by line to find them all and its time consuming.

It will be resolved within the next three weeks as the release schedule permits.

Best CJ

elcamino
April 15th, 2012, 05:47
I bought the Panther v1.1 directly through Vertigo Sudios. I like it.