PDA

View Full Version : Texture Question

rdaniell
March 17th, 2012, 04:41
Can anyone offer any advice on how to elimate this problem. I've added some trees to a stock FSX airport. The trees are from Matt's Library. Anyway,
they show up but the "box" while transparent somewhat blocks anything behind it.:kilroy:

Thanks.

Romeo-Delta

falcon409
March 17th, 2012, 06:14
Can anyone offer any advice on how to elimate this problem. I've added some trees to a stock FSX airport. The trees are from Matt's Library. Anyway,
they show up but the "box" while transparent somewhat blocks anything behind it.:kilroy:

Thanks.

Romeo-Delta
My advice is. . . .don't use his trees. If you are using Instant Scenery or Easy Scenery or such there is a file called "vegetation" that shows up in the list of available objects. This is the default set for FSX and I use them in everything I do when I can't use the Annotator to set seasonal vegetation.

Killbilly
March 17th, 2012, 06:18
I think those trees were designed for FS9 and suffer the same alpha texture problems as some port-over props.

rdaniell
March 17th, 2012, 06:42
To Falcon and Killbilly: Thanks guys. I'm off to do some swapping out of trees now. :running: I kinda thought it had something to do with the difference between FS9 and FSX as they work fine in my FS9 scenery.

RD

Update: Mission accomplished. Got some good looking trees where I wanted them now. Plus all the other objects are visable.