PDA

View Full Version : if ya don't have this baby...

racartron
March 16th, 2012, 09:04
...now is the time to correct the error. LHC is offering a huge discount until midnight on the awesome Quest Kodiak -- only $12.00 and it includes both the fs9 and fsX versions.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak.html

Some really nice add-on liveries available as well.

ColinT46
March 16th, 2012, 09:50
There's also a repaint by Banana B ob in the library here. :wiggle:

Bruce Thompson
March 16th, 2012, 11:30
Thanks for the HU racartron,

What a bargin package at £8.21 now downloaded and flying.

Thank you Lionheart a great deal on a great aircraft pack.

Bruce.

Killbilly
March 16th, 2012, 11:45
Yep. This is a great aircraft on which I have put many hours. Even at full price, you wouldn't regret the purchase.

I hope Mr. Ortis keeps this sale trend going. It's the kind of thing that just might push me over the edge on a couple of purchases I've been considering. :wiggle:

rgatkinson
March 16th, 2012, 13:28
Thanks for the HU on this. What a bargain, I'm downloading it at this very moment :icon_lol:

Taff

Roger
March 16th, 2012, 14:19
Great aircraft from a great author:engel016:

AeroMan
March 16th, 2012, 15:27
This is a great aircraft, especially good it it's price point. I wasn't smitten at first because I wan't in love with the way MS modeled turbo props, but they are among my favorites now.
An easy purchase especially with all the versions and paint schemes the come with this bird.

Lionheart
March 16th, 2012, 20:43
Hello new Kodiak drivers. Be sure to read through the manual that comes with it. She has a ton of neat options and features.

For FSX people with reverse thrust programmed into their joysticks throttle quads, just make a change to your 'aircraft' config file and you will be good to go on water startups. Open the 'aircraft.cfg' file with Windows 'Notepad'. (Right click on it and click open with). Scan down to 'beta_min= 15' Change it to something like 5 or 1. Some people with some joysticks even needed 0.5 setting. Save and open FS and check a start up. If your bird stays in place when starting up, you are good to go.

A bug in FS with turboprops causes this.

Also note, if you have cold and dark saves with other planes, note that the other plane may have had extra off switches that will keep you from turning on these systems. So, if you have problems with electrics and hydraulics, then you will need to do a fresh 'cold and dark' start with 'this' plane, not from another.

Happy flying!

Bill

Gibbage
March 16th, 2012, 21:24
Hay LH! Another amazing looking product! Great work, and your truly one of the few aircraft artist's I really admire. Keep up the great work!

Ark
March 17th, 2012, 00:11
Sale until midnight?

Is there any way to inform people of these sales through a News Post or something? I don't even get home from work until 6pm. After I feed the kids and put them to bed it is 8pm PST and by that time I haven't eve eaten anything yet.

I would buy most of this stuff if I knew it was going to be on sale. lol

TeiscoDelRay
March 17th, 2012, 09:46
Another one I missed out on, maybe some more heads up next time?

Sieggie
March 17th, 2012, 10:04
Where was the sale advertised so I can look there next time?

Dave

OleBoy
March 17th, 2012, 10:09
I've had the LH Kodiak for quite some time. Something I purchased so I could apply some artistry on. http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyermedia/6080999878/
It seems that something else always pushes it aside. Some day.

bushpilot
March 17th, 2012, 11:03
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyermedia/6080999878/

Must be one of the coolest paint jobs I've seen on a plane!

Gibbage
March 17th, 2012, 12:29
Dude. That paint job... Would GIVE ME FITS!! :icon_eek: Gradiants over UV seams are almost impossible! How would you even attempt to do such a thing? There is a similar "tiger stripes" SportStar flying around, but I get nightmares even thinking about doing it!

racartron
March 17th, 2012, 13:59
Several folks have asked about how to know about sales. Here's what I do. Every morning, I make a quick round of ALL the major sites(I know about) to see if there are any sales, ongoing or "quickies" just to see if there is anything I'd be interested in. Being retired, I always try to buy on sales for obvious reasons. When I run across anything interesting I'll post it here. However, If I'm not interested in it I usually don't post. The Quest for example was posted at 13.04pm EDT. or 10:04am PDT.

The entire process takes less than ten minutes and I'm off doing other stuff.

To help out the folks with less time available you could focus your efforts on any of the following sites.

PCAviator puts a new product up everyday for about 50% off(made available around 6:30amEDT). This sales runs for an entire week.
They also offer 10% off their entire shop every Tuesday(including the seven day bits)
Occasionaly, they will have a weekend special as well.

FSD usually has a sale of selected products that run anywhere from a one day special thru an entire month. For example, they currently are offering several bundled specials of many of their products.

Lionheart Creations (LHC) usually offers spot sales ranging from one day to weekend events - like the Avelina at 50% off this weekend.

Most other sites rarely offer discounts, but even they sometimes offer a quick special on special occasions like today - St. Patrick's Day.

FSAddon Publishing had a Christmas sale, as did Nemeth Design. So as you can see there are many sales out there pretty much every day. Heck, even REX had a huge year end sale.

Pick your interests and just scan their sites quickly every day or as often as you have the time.

BTW, there is obviously no real way for all the current sales to be centralized, but some of the sites like PCAviator will provide an daily enail posting to your inbox if you sign up for it.

Hope this helps y'all to fine out about sales as soon as possible. There is nothing like saving a few coins to make your day a bit brighter.

Lionheart
March 17th, 2012, 18:04
I'll try to mention upcoming sales more often and more early. Sometimes we ourselves do not know if a sale is going to happen. Sometimes they are 'spur of the moment'.

OleBoy
March 17th, 2012, 18:41
Dude. That paint job... Would GIVE ME FITS!! :icon_eek: Gradiants over UV seams are almost impossible! How would you even attempt to do such a thing? There is a similar "tiger stripes" SportStar flying around, but I get nightmares even thinking about doing it!

HAHA HAAA! Well, I am about bald already from previous schemes. I may as well spin the wheel! Some day. Who knows :wavey: