PDA

View Full Version : cfs 3 Whole world

Tom@Cr1-Software
March 16th, 2012, 05:47
Has any one figgered out how to unlock the whole world in cfs3 yet? Its in there I found it, but havnt figgered out how to unlock it yet.
If some one has already then it would save me a lot of work. If not then I will add that to the over haul as well.
Thanks all.

Tom

rbp71854
March 16th, 2012, 06:14
That what be outstanding. That would make the creation of individual theater add ons not necessary such as MAW, Solomons, Korea and Rising Sun. I know a little about theater creation using the ms sdk, point me in the direction of your find.

Bob

NachtPiloten
March 16th, 2012, 06:18
check your pm

lewis11777
March 16th, 2012, 07:04
Regarding this topic I am speaking from total ignorance but I seem to recall a few other threads on this exact topic. I thought the problem was not unlocking areas other than europe. More so that the only terrain mesh created from the game was parts of the european countries. I always thought the rest of the world didn't exist in CFS3 anywhere until one of you master modellers created it. Just speaking up off to gain a little insight here!

hairyspin
March 16th, 2012, 11:43
The problem with the CFS3 world model is that it isn't a whole world model. The MAW theatre is about as big a piece of the world as you can make without serious distortions coming in, because the theatre model is flat - it doesn't model a spherical world. CFS2 doesn't have this limitation, nor does FSX, but if Tom has found a workaround to this we'd all be very interested to hear it! Jeff could have all the CC missions he likes if that were so.

HouseHobbit
March 16th, 2012, 15:43
You all have my attention.. This would be wonderful..:applause:

:ipepsi2:And who said the world is not flat!!

I've been to the edge, believe me it's Flat!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Pat Pattle
March 16th, 2012, 23:45
Its in there I found it

Just as my interest in cfs3 is waining you come along and slap me in the face!

Please tell us where Tom!

Tom@Cr1-Software
March 17th, 2012, 06:14
Maybe you guys know of two games, Morrowind and Oblivion. Well Im part of that community as well because well... I love goth and to battle. Anyways we wanted to import Morrowind to Oblivion, as they used the same or at least a very simular game engine structure. So we asked Bethesda Softworks of we could have permision to build a dll that would make the two games meldge into on. They gave us thier blessing and so we have now morroblivion. The two games working as one.
It took 5 years to do the rebuild but it works not bad right now,We still have some bugs to work out but we are there.

I was thinking about a process like that for cfs3, maybe we could do that with cfs2? Any ways I know the game can support the whole world its just would we get into trouble activating that part ofthe game engine and getting it going?
It means cracking open the main game engine.
But we could do this, We could make new sceneries, I used to do this in cfs2. I would make the scenery project a curcumferance of 30 miles, since there is tones of water I used to put the scenery out there and as you flew the scenery wound generate around you 360' as you did the mission. Its a bit of a work around but its a safe way to go. Mesh ?? you can get the for free all over the net. Its the textures that are hard to create or find for historicle missions. Planes? Make them every day...

Any ways Like I said before I want to get the base cfs3 upgraded and a few things working properly, then I want to add in a bunch of new planes and missions.

Cheers!

rocketred
March 17th, 2012, 06:32
wow , this is a move that will put cfs3 and its addons .....eto/maw/pto .... on the raod to victory then final leg called

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_jlSwaU0s

as long as the masters dont burn out

hobbit ... think of the smash-crash grab and bag missions youll do globally

and led and the boys

what a fannnnnntasic idea

Eraser
March 17th, 2012, 14:03
That would be amazing, but where do you see that CFS3 supports the whole world?

The game came out 10? years ago, they probably don't care what we do with it now. If you're activating what's already in there, I don't think they can do anything.

(PS about morroblivion, any work to do the same with fallout 3 to fallout new vegas? Those are even more similar)

Mathias
March 20th, 2012, 23:45
Hey Tom, nice to see you around here!
There's no such thing like a round world in FSX hence there's no world to unlock.
If you ever bothered to have a look at the CFS3 ins and outs you'll have figured that we're only talking flat sandboxes - as opposed to the round world. Think flat map rather than a globus.
CFS3 uses an entirely different system from all other FS builds.
There is a definite limit to the size of any given theatre dictated by the coordinates distortion the farther you go to the outer boundaries.
Funky things can happen to your flight as you reach the outer limits.
With MAW we pretty much pushed the theatre size to it's limits, point.
BTW, how's your CFS2 overhaul coming along? You must be working on it since back in 2001 so I bet it has come a long way by now.

Seagull V
March 21st, 2012, 00:46
Hello all

I don't know if this is at all helpful/relevant/practical - just bouncing a few ideas around.

There is an excellent simulator called Vehicle Simulator which started out as Micro Flight and Virtual Sailor, and it also has some excellent sea state graphics.
http://www.qualitysimulations.com/vsf/

Is there any way to do this with what is proposed ?

Then we could add driveable tanks/vehicles/trains/ships/boats/submarines etc to the mix.
Imagine the fun that could be had, would need renaming to maybe Combat Fight Simulator 3 MTTM (Modded To The Max).

If possible/practical, it would need a dedicted team of people to ensure that the key persons don't burn out from such a massive project.

From a personal point of view would like to see a lot more cross pollination between both CFS2 and CFS3, both have strengths/weaknesses.
Both also have some very dedicated and very talented fans. Might also get a few returning from FSX to help out as well.

Regards, SG