PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Folder Numbers

Pips
December 22nd, 2008, 18:22
Something that Jagdflieger mentioned in anoter thread caught my eye:
"I've always wondered if these "aircraft" folders could be turned into infrastructure so that they don't count against the total aircraft count limit of CFS 2."

Is there a limit to how many add-on aircraft you can install in CFS2? And does that include (or exclude) the standard game aircraft?

vidal
December 23rd, 2008, 01:39
100 is the maximum you can afford, including stock aircraft, and optional textures for the same aircraft.
If you exceed this limit, you cannot run the MB.
In the game, you get error messages for free flight and quick combat. It is not a serious issue : you just have to try again and it works.
The main problem is the MB. I do not know how to overide the problem, unless making several install.

kdriver
December 23rd, 2008, 05:05
If you install the overload patch found here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileType=cfs2-utilities you can have hundreds of aircraft and eliminate the error messages. However, as Vidal said, MB will not work. I have a separate installation just for MB. I move aircraft in and out of this installation as required. I find this easier than constantly trying to maintain the number of aircraft less than the 100 limit in my primary installation(s).

bearcat241
December 23rd, 2008, 06:45
Its not 100 max...its whatever the sim decides after calculating the gross number of active aircraft, ships, infrastructure and object dp's. This info is updated in the index files everytime you load the sim. Its programmed to allocated its limits using all of these factors. Because i have so much installed in all the other categories beside aircraft, i can't even get near the so-called 100 plane limit. But instead of sweatin' it, i just move unecessary aircraft and ships to separate hangars and docks.