PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo released?

lewis11777
March 15th, 2012, 15:48
Hey does anyone know if the Buffalo was ever released? Can't recall who was working on it, last I recall it was very close but haven't heard anything in awhile.

hairyspin
March 15th, 2012, 15:58
It's in Rising Sun.

lewis11777
March 15th, 2012, 16:41
It's in Rising Sun.

Where can you get that?

lewis11777
March 15th, 2012, 20:10
Where can you get that?

Found it!

westview
March 16th, 2012, 07:01
It's a great model, with several different skins:

2 US Navy
4 RAF/RAAF
1 Dutch E. Indies

ndicki
March 17th, 2012, 00:42
If anybody's feeling helpful, I'd be thrilled to bits if someone could send it me - I don't have the hard drive space to install RS because of the way it's set up using the C drive. If I put a vanilla CFS3 on my C drive, I won't have a computer any more...

rbp71854
March 17th, 2012, 02:30
Nigel

Part 7 of the beta install has all the aircraft. If you download part 7, unzip, and install into a dummy folder, then you will have all the aircraft from RS to cherry pick out. If you can't be bothered doing that let me know and I will forward to you the buff.

Bob

If anybody's feeling helpful, I'd be thrilled to bits if someone could send it me - I don't have the hard drive space to install RS because of the way it's set up using the C drive. If I put a vanilla CFS3 on my C drive, I won't have a computer any more...

ndicki
March 17th, 2012, 03:55
Thanks, Bob - off to the 'shops!'

grizzly50
March 17th, 2012, 04:01
Nigel,

Bob beat me to it. :D

Yeah, Part 7 has the aircraft, guns, pylons, and weapons folders, so you should be fixed up good.

Bravo/4
March 17th, 2012, 08:19
We were supposed to be releasing a Finnish package seperately, (it's not forgotten Rene) it's all done, but the guy whose doing the final release package has real life work commitments at the mo, so it's out of our hands for the time being, Sorry!

We do and try and release all the new models seperately, just that sometimes things get in the way, we don't like having models locked up!

ndicki
March 17th, 2012, 13:23
Great news, John! I haven't flown it yet, but the texture sheets look first-rate as ever.

Have you got a Royal Navy one for MAW lurking somewhere, though? :icon_lol:

Bravo/4
March 17th, 2012, 14:42
Nigel, if your referring to AS420, coded "Z", then yes I did it, it's probably earmarked for a seperate MKI package, but it's in the same boat as the Finnish one unfortunately?

I've no problem with you doing your own skins though!

Not including the U.S. and Finnish schemes, this is what I've done, saves doing any duplicates.

RAF

W8209 TD-E
AN213 TD-F
W8231 TD-G
W8137 WP-C
W8147 WP-D

RAAF

A51-11 306

Off the top of my head, there is a nice RAF one with a green dragaon on it's fuselage, that's crying out to be painted?

ndicki
March 18th, 2012, 01:32
Nigel, if your referring to AS420, coded "Z", then yes I did it, it's probably earmarked for a seperate MKI package, but it's in the same boat as the Finnish one unfortunately?

I've no problem with you doing your own skins though!

Not including the U.S. and Finnish schemes, this is what I've done, saves doing any duplicates.

RAF

W8209 TD-E
AN213 TD-F
W8231 TD-G
W8137 WP-C
W8147 WP-D

RAAF

A51-11 306

Off the top of my head, there is a nice RAF one with a green dragaon on it's fuselage, that's crying out to be painted?

I may just! It's always been one of my favourites, and I've got the finished 1/48 Tamiya model somewhere, and the recent reissued version which has precisely that green dragon included.

I was thinking of AS419 - a bit obvious, but it is one of the few any records have survived for. Where did you find AS420? These are the ones I'm really interested in, as the Med is really my thing. I'm still tempted to do one or two Yellow Wings ones - if you haven't got them all covered already!

That leaves Belgium and No.71 Eagle Squadron...

Do you think Rene would like to do the flight dynamics for the B-239, or are they already covered?

Bravo/4
March 18th, 2012, 12:46
I didn't find AS420, it was requested and the info was sent to me, it was only a profile though!

All my recent work as been requests, can't remember the last time I did anything off my own bat? :mixedsmi:

There are only two yellow wings done, 1398 coded 3-F-8, and 1412 coded 2-F-7, so still should be plenty of choices out there?

Did plan on doing this at some time, can't believe they actually did trials with this scheme!

Bravo/4
March 18th, 2012, 12:48
Forgot to say, Rene has already done that!

greycap.raf
March 18th, 2012, 12:55
The problem is that it's by no means OK to release my flight model - not that I have a problem with it but the guys whose creations I used to stitch it together might think otherwise. If I remember even remotely correctly it's a pretty Frankenstein-ish combination of 1% F4F, A6M, P-40 and something else, and my own work in the propeller tables, control surface angles and such. By some miracle it performs like it should though...

ndicki
March 18th, 2012, 13:22
I didn't find AS420, it was requested and the info was sent to me, it was only a profile though!

All my recent work as been requests, can't remember the last time I did anything off my own bat? :mixedsmi:

There are only two yellow wings done, 1398 coded 3-F-8, and 1412 coded 2-F-7, so still should be plenty of choices out there?

Did plan on doing this at some time, can't believe they actually did trials with this scheme!

I got to a point with CFS3 and SF2 that the stock answer to any request was no. I don't get the time, start with that!

That scheme is horrid... Was it three shades of grey, or actually different colours?

ndicki
March 18th, 2012, 13:26
The problem is that it's by no means OK to release my flight model - not that I have a problem with it but the guys whose creations I used to stitch it together might think otherwise. If I remember even remotely correctly it's a pretty Frankenstein-ish combination of 1% F4F, A6M, P-40 and something else, and my own work in the propeller tables, control surface angles and such. By some miracle it performs like it should though...

Point taken...