PDA

View Full Version : O/T Boeing 787 stops at Salt Lake

airtj
March 15th, 2012, 13:53
http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/airtj/Boeing 787/

Lionheart
March 15th, 2012, 15:17
Sweet looking thing! It was here in Phoenix for a day.

Love the raked windscreens, cool looking engine cowlings, and wings. Cool ship, Boeing!

Maybe in 10 years, we'll have BWB's flying around.

Sunny9850
March 15th, 2012, 17:34
Saw the Nightmare liner many times while it was in SoCal for systems and flight testing. At one point it was parked at KSBD .... I think that was about the time it just about went up in flames due to a system malfunction in the cockpit. Of course that is why you do these tests ... To weed out problems.

Overall the shape of the fuselage and wings is indeed one of the nicer ones for a new jet. But I still don't like the outsourcing that Boeing did in order to be able to compete with you know who.
And after all the harping on about the plastic airplanes from Europe by some of the Boeing brass it is a bit of humble pie that their first venture into building light had such a hard time staying structurally sound..especially the wing attachments and most recently the tail sections.

I know in time Boeing will get it right, and I do wish them good luck with it. For now though I will avoid flying one of those outside of the sim

Stefan