PDA

View Full Version : lost my slew

hurricane3
March 15th, 2012, 08:24
For some reason I can't use slew mode anymore.I don't know if a Microsoft update is the culpret or what.I had'nt flown for a while and it took an hour to boot up the program and it had the same message thats there when you download new scenery but I had'nt downloaded any new scenery.
I always disable my joystick when in slew other wise the plane goes crazy,but now it just sits there with the lat and longitude accross the top like normal but the slew sign keeps flashing instead of staying on.I don't remember if it flashed before or not.
I don't want to do a system restore cause I usually lose something and to delete the config file means I would have to reset everything, and since I can move the aircraft in map mode it's not worth all the trouble.
So if there's an easy fix I'd like to know ,if not then I'll live with out slewing.Thanks

hurricane3
March 15th, 2012, 09:58
Found the problem, somehow all the slew commands were cleared, so I reset them and now I can use the slew again. It was very late last night and I never thought to check the slew commands. Sorry about that

Lionheart
March 15th, 2012, 15:14
I was just going to say... Check the keyboard assignments.

:D

OBIO
March 15th, 2012, 19:54
I once had a problem with the slew in my sim....somehow "slew" had been replaced by "slaw" and every time I pressed the Y key, shredded cabbage would go flying all over the place. Luckily I am one who finds fresh homemade slaw to be a good topper for grilled hamburger patties...so I had a rather tasty summer that year.

OBIO

Lionheart
March 15th, 2012, 21:23
lololol.... Luckily that hasnt happened to me yet... yet.

hurricane3
March 16th, 2012, 06:32
Boy glad that didn't happen to me , that was a close one. LOL

Matt Wynn
March 16th, 2012, 06:48
Slaw? dang! i get showered with scalding hot meat, potatoes, vegetables... i get Stew... seems we have a meal amongst ourselves....

Cees Donker
March 16th, 2012, 08:09
LOL!

Cees

srgalahad
March 16th, 2012, 12:24
at least, so far, we've stopped short of having the computer unexpectedly SPEW

oops

maybe not

one must be very careful of keys in close proximity

hurricane3
March 16th, 2012, 14:16
Make fun of an old gezzer who only has two brain cells left and they have never been formaly introduced.Now where did I put that stew?Lo......whats the last letter ?

Matt Wynn
March 17th, 2012, 00:01
Make fun of an old gezzer who only has two brain cells left and they have never been formaly introduced.Now where did I put that stew?Lo......whats the last letter ?

'B' ? i'm sure it's 'B' y'know it's that text-speak-acronym that stands for Lost Our Braincells.... :icon_lol:

and it still beats having a small rodent leap out at you.... yeah... Shrew Mode.........

AndyG43
March 17th, 2012, 02:51
'B' ? i'm sure it's 'B' y'know it's that text-speak-acronym that stands for Lost Our Braincells.... :icon_lol:

and it still beats having a small rodent leap out at you.... yeah... Shrew Mode.........

Mind you Matt, with your recent history of PC problems, the day will come when you press the button and your screen tilts downwards - Skew Mode.

Matt Wynn
March 17th, 2012, 03:03
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Skew Mode.... not to be confused with that 18+/Adult feature.... Screw Mode, where your PC starts getting all 'frisky' and wanting to hop on your lap :icon_lol:

rdaniell
March 17th, 2012, 03:27
:icon_lol::icon_lol: Skew Mode.... not to be confused with that 18+/Adult feature.... Screw Mode, where your PC starts getting all 'frisky' and wanting to hop on your lap :icon_lol:

All right Matt. You need a "time-out." Go to your corner.

RD

Matt Wynn
March 17th, 2012, 03:39
All right Matt. You need a "time-out." Go to your corner.

RD

:icon_lol: ok i'm getting in my corner.... lol!

who says us FS9'ers don't have any fun :wiggle::icon_lol:

rdaniell
March 17th, 2012, 04:27
:icon_lol: ok i'm getting in my corner.... lol! who says us FS9'ers don't have any fun :wiggle::icon_lol:

BTW...you do have permission to work on that terminal building....:guinness:(this drink has some ritalin added to it)

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

Matt Wynn
March 17th, 2012, 04:44
ritalin? thats a performance enhancer to us Greeks... to us Greeks everything is 'Tomorrow' :icon_lol:

rdaniell
March 17th, 2012, 05:00
ritalin? thats a performance enhancer to us Greeks... to us Greeks everything is 'Tomorrow' :icon_lol:

You are a "Trip" my young friend.

AndyG43
March 17th, 2012, 05:41
who says us FS9'ers don't have any fun :wiggle::icon_lol:

Well, we're not welcome anywhere else hereabouts, so we might as well have some fun.

RD, didn't you realise that GMT doesn't really mean "Greenwich Mean Time", it is "Greek Maybe Time" - a wonderfully laid back group of people.

Matt Wynn
March 17th, 2012, 06:04
boy did you hit the nail on the head Andy.... why rush anything... :icon_lol: we're so laid back that we're 2 hours ahead of Greek Maybe Time, so at 10am we're already having lunch and getting ready for the obligatory afternoon nap :icon_lol:

rdaniell
March 17th, 2012, 06:07
Well, we're not welcome anywhere else hereabouts, so we might as well have some fun. RD, didn't you realise that GMT doesn't really mean "Greenwich Mean Time", it is "Greek Maybe Time" - a wonderfully laid back group of people.

LOL Andy, I'm a South Georgia "Redneck". We have a similar condition. I'm fixing to do it which loosely translated means in an hour or a month or so from now.:sleep:

RD

OBIO
March 17th, 2012, 23:59
Seems we are forgetting to mention the Slew problem most flight simmers face....the Straw Mode....when you hit the Y key, your flight sim begins sucking all the money out of your wallet for computer upgrades and payware packages.

Those how have not encountered Straw Mode are generally stuck in SLOW Mode with their 2.0gig P3 based computers.

Then there's the rare SHAW Mode....when you hit the Y button and your mother-in-law suddenly appears in your sim room and begins organizing all of your books by color. I have only had this one happen once....luckily I was able to pull the power cord out of the wall before the MIL could do to much damage to the mess I like to keep my sim room in.

OBIO

Desert Rat
March 18th, 2012, 03:54
personally I quite enjoy a flight now and again in 'brew' mode :guinness::icon29::jump:

AndyG43
March 18th, 2012, 04:00
I used to have problems a few years back, when I had cats; one of them often used to walk across my keyboard ........ mew mode.

Matt Wynn
March 18th, 2012, 04:10
when my PC screws up i take a snooker cue to it... yeah thats right.... Cue mode! :icon_lol:

hurricane3
March 18th, 2012, 08:47
OK, I can't stop this monster I've created , but when my sim or puter screws up I want to hit the command that puts them in the ..............wait for it............... COM, MODE ,get it? It's a joke son, commode. Sorry I'll go back to my padded room now.

Matt Wynn
March 18th, 2012, 09:49
.... and when i start talking in my usual manner my computer gets subjected to Blue Mode :icon_lol:

OBIO
March 18th, 2012, 20:03
Those of us who have been flight simming for a few decades will remember this one from the 80s: Depeche Mode

OBIO

Desert Rat
March 19th, 2012, 07:57
Those of us who have been flight simming for a few decades will remember this one from the 80s: Depeche Mode

OBIO

That'll be the mode where your pilots have frilly cuffs and collars and floppy hair-do's (or hair-don'ts might be more apt). I just can't get enough, of that mode.

There's also the closely related 'True' mode, Where similarly clad pilots from Spandau Ballet replace their new-romantic brethren.

Jamie

srgalahad
March 19th, 2012, 11:21
All these choices are likely to cause some stress or confusion. Instead, I would suggest something as safe and dependable as apple pie -- select Ala Mode

Wing_Z
March 19th, 2012, 12:04
All I am waiting for, is some wiseguy to say that you should simply disregard your slew....

Rallymodeller
March 19th, 2012, 13:52
I prefer the option that fills my aircraft with shredded cabbage, the famous Cole Slew Mode. In the same vein, there is also a variant that fills the cargo hold with a thick meat soup: Stew Mode.

If you do aerobatics, any passengers may spontaneously enter Spew Mode.

magoo
March 19th, 2012, 14:12

rdaniell
March 19th, 2012, 14:35

Mary, Joseph, and Jesus? Who started this thread? Didn't it have something to do with a serious question? Guys, if you haven't had fun following this thread, your fun lobe has been excortiated.

Romeo-Delta

hurricane3
March 19th, 2012, 14:48
I am the culpret who started this never ending thread. I was to tired and dumb to check my slew commands ,when I did I found they were all cleared ,don't have a clue why. So after I did a few assignments I had my slew back.
But I don't think we've had this much fun since the last time OBIO crashed a plane, oh wait the was today. I don't crash em cause I turned off that command ,now I just bounce back in the air when I land on taxiways ,trees, and buildings.

Matt Wynn
March 19th, 2012, 14:53
so i guess if Obios been crashing he's had Wreckage Strew(n) Mode on again? :icon_lol:

rdaniell
March 19th, 2012, 14:54
[QUOTE=But I don't think we've had this much fun since the last time OBIO crashed a plane, oh wait the was today. I don't crash em cause I turned off that command ,now I just bounce back in the air when I land on taxiways ,trees, and buildings.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I have enough crashes when I get a bad case of "the dumb thumb" out at my RC club's flying field. :running:On flight sim, I don't require quite that much realism.....:icon_lol:

Romeo-Delta

srgalahad
March 19th, 2012, 18:25
I turned off that command ,now I just bounce back in the air when I land on taxiways ,trees, and buildings.

Obviously! but be careful about landing on ponds, lake and swamps unless you are SURE you have also turned off Slough Mode or you will sink and get stuck