PDA

View Full Version : MAAM Support & Briefing Time 7th ed

WarHorse47
March 13th, 2012, 14:18
Well, I've waited long enough...

Over a month ago I decided to purchase the 7th edition of the MAAM B-25 Briefing Time. I already had an earlier version, but wanted the additional features and knew that my purchase went to supporting their museum.

The install went flawlessly with all the provided textures, and I figured out how to convert even some older textures to work with the new models. It was a good investment, and I like it.

Anyways, the only issue I encountered was with the new VC - it is now missing the green house tint on the upper glass area.

I posted a question on the MAAM Support forum and explained the issue, hoping that somebody from MAAM would respond. No such luck. In fact I'm not seeing any responses on any of the other posts from MAAM, so I'm not sure what is going on here.

So, here's what I'm looking for. If anyone has the 7th edition of the MAAM Briefing Time, let me know if you have the greenhouse tint in the VC. Post a photo if you do. Also, if someone knows Bill Rambow of MAAM, let him know I'd like some kind of response from their team to know if this is an issue or not. It's not a show stopper or anything, but I'd like to know one way or the other.

Thanks in Advance.
:ernae:
--WH

TuFun
March 13th, 2012, 16:08
That's interesting, I have the FSX v7 and have the green tint glass.

61149 61150

WarHorse47
March 16th, 2012, 13:08
:bump::bump::bump:

Got a response from Bill. He's trying to track down Jan Visser to look into it. :banghead:

Stay tuned.
--WH

mgchrist5
March 16th, 2012, 13:24
Interesting. I've had v7 for several months now, but hadn't noticed the lack of green tint in the VC! I have the same problem. Seeing as how others have the tint, I'm wondering if it's not a graphics card issue/setting on our computers?

TuFun
March 16th, 2012, 13:45
I'm curious as do you have these two files (red line) in the texture.shared folder? I believe these are the green tint for the glass.

WarHorse47
March 16th, 2012, 14:10
I'm curious as do you have these two files (red line) in the texture.shared folder? I believe these are the green tint for the glass.

61352Yep.

Not sure if the alpha channel is correct for FS9, however. I did some experimenting, but there was no change. It's as if the models are not properly mapped to these textures for FS9.

I should add that the greenhouse is visible in spot view (exterior), just not from the VC.

--WH

vonernsk
March 16th, 2012, 14:27
If it is any assistance, I bought the B-25 version 7 when it came out and noticed this lack of green shading in the VC cockpit but have never bothered to do anything about it.

Do not think it is a graphics card quirk, just a small Jan slip.

Interesting to see if MAAM can or will do anything about it.

TuFun
March 16th, 2012, 14:34
I still love flying this bird, even way back in FS2002. Just checking the alpha channel on that green tint. If you have the early edition, check to see if there is a difference or you can rename the current file and copy and past the early version to see if that works.

TuFun
March 16th, 2012, 14:53
Went over to MAAM and seen your post, so I see you've tried that already. Bill last posted on Jan 26... :ques:

WarHorse47
March 16th, 2012, 15:17
I still love flying this bird, even way back in FS2002. Just checking the alpha channel on that green tint. If you have the early edition, check to see if there is a difference or you can rename the current file and copy and past the early version to see if that works.

61354Okay. FOR THE RECORD. Here we go...:running:

I'm assuming that this is THE texture file for the VC greenhouse glass...

With my install this file is 16-bit, and the alpha channel is grey, not black.

I know it doesn't work as is, so I re-tested it with both a black (transparent) and no (solid) alpha channel. No joy, no greenhouse.

I noticed your's is a 32-bit, so I saved the file as a 32-bit and repeated the test. No joy, no greenhouse.

At the moment it appears that the changes they made in the FS9 &th edition models have somehow disabled the display of the greenhouse glass. It works in FSX (which is yours, I believe), but not in FS9.

Thanks for trying.
--WH

TuFun
March 16th, 2012, 16:49
For what it's worth, I checked to see what the two green glass textures are used for. My mistake for posting the exterior one before. :redface:

FSX version 7 ed
61356 61357 61358 61360 61359
----Interior green tint -------------- installed ------------------------ removed ----------------- exterior green tint

Hope you can get this resolved! -TF

WarHorse47
March 16th, 2012, 17:08
I've tried different alpha variations on the b25_glasgrn.bmp with the same results. No change, no greenhouse.

I'm really bummed about the lack of response or support from MAAM. It's not like them.

I've already killed enough time today with testing and have moved the aircraft out of FS9 for the moment. :sleep:

Time to move on.

--WH

WarHorse47
March 26th, 2012, 15:32
At this very moment I am pretty disgusted with MAAM and their Support Forum. It appears that nobody has an answer and is unwilling to look into the problem.

Learned my lesson... :angryfir:

--WH

Sunny9850
March 26th, 2012, 18:27
I don't know what is going on with MAAM and have no association with them, but I think that's a bit of an overreaction to something that is clearly not a deal breaker. I can name 4 real world B25s right now that do not have green glass either.
It is certainly not a shop stopper in my mind, if everything else on the aircraft works I would not remove it from the system and deprive myself of the option to fly a Mitchell.

Sure this is not exactly sounding like good customer service to me either, but there may be only one guy there that can truly fix the issue. And if he is either not available or in the middle of something bigger you might just have to wait. Priorities are not always what we want.

They are trying to work with you it seems to me from what i read on their forum. It may take some time. Not everything is always as simple as it seems.
But airing your frustration with them here and not on their forum is a bit unfair in my book.

Stefan

Tom Clayton
March 26th, 2012, 19:26
But airing your frustration with them here and not on their forum is a bit unfair in my book.

I have to agree. If you're having customer service issues with MAAM, please use their forum to work it out. I'd hate to have to close a thread for bashing - I can't remember the last time I did it.

WarHorse47
March 27th, 2012, 04:50
I have to agree. If you're having customer service issues with MAAM, please use their forum to work it out. I'd hate to have to close a thread for bashing - I can't remember the last time I did it.My frustrations got the better of me and I crossed the line. Please accept my apologies.

It okay by me to lock this thread.

--WH

huub vink
March 27th, 2012, 08:13
No problem WH, I can understand your frustration. I will leave the thread open as perhaps somebody will turn up with an golden idea....

Cheers,
Huub

Tom Clayton
March 27th, 2012, 11:58
Like Huub said, everyone gets frustrated. I just hope a solution is found.