PDA

View Full Version : RealAir Citabria, Scout, and Decathlon?

Killbilly
March 13th, 2012, 09:12
I'm thinking about adding the RealAir Citabria, Scout, and Decathlon 2007 package to my hangar. I was reading some reviews, however, that say that the model doesn't include specular and bump mapping or exterior self-shadowing. Can anyone here who owns this package confirm this? I thought they were upgraded to full FSX standards from the FS9 versions. I really like the self-shadowing and specular effects, and I'm not sure I can purchase a plane without those features. Are the models in full mdlxmdlh FSX format?

kdl
March 13th, 2012, 09:24
==> Are the models in full mdlxmdlh FSX format?

Yes, they are, see the copy of the first line of the "RASScout07_Ext.MDL":

IFF,* MDLXMDLH @Ô AMDLG æ├"¡îNgBØrì¦Ìüð┌MDLN Scout0 Ext01 PA

Although this software is rather old, the RealAir Scout is still an excellent bush plane!
The FSX version has specular and bump mapping included.
And most of all she has very good flight dynamics.

Infos:
http://www.realairsimulations.com/flash.php?page=scout07_intro

Barnes
March 13th, 2012, 09:39
Yep - i still enjoy these aircraft even after all the years they have been on my PC

pilottj
March 13th, 2012, 09:49
It may be a little dated but it is still a very fine airplane, even better with Accu-Feel. I had made an unofficial updated paint kit for it. They were going to put it on their website but don't know if they got around to it.

Cheers
TJ

Roger
March 13th, 2012, 13:29
Asked the same question here myself a few months ago and got the same answer you did. Great frame rates and they fly great too!

HighGround22
March 13th, 2012, 16:48
Something I found to be very useful:

If you intend to use the Scout as a bush plane, be sure to investigate the (imho) beautiful texture pack available at FlightSim.Com. titled FSX 13 Pack Texture Set For RealAir Scout ( scoutfsx.zip ) I think these are real works of art, and they provide for wheel, ski, tundra and amphib models.

Worth checking-out!

Killbilly
March 13th, 2012, 18:06
Thanks guys! I picked it up, and after a couple of test flights, I'm glad I did. This is a great little plane. Now I'm off to find that texture pack . . .

pilottj
March 13th, 2012, 18:22
KB, shoot me a PM if you want the paint kit. There is one on the RealAir website but it is for the earlier edition of the Scout package. I modified it to work with the newer 07 texture mappings.