PDA

View Full Version : Video issues

highpockets
March 13th, 2012, 06:47
In moving my CFS 2 theaters over to another computer, I find I am having problems with the screen when starting any combat or training flights. Both computers are runnng Windows Home XP SP3 and both have Nvidia video cards. What I see on the screen is a clear instrument panel but flashing lines and v shapes with an occaisonal glimpse of the scene outside the cockpit. The CFS 2 runs fine on the original computer which is the newer one. The CPU on the one I transfered the sims to has a Pentium 4 2.93 with 1.5 GB ram so should have enough ummph. The Nvidia card is a Geforce 8400 GS. The other sims; CFS 3 and FS2004 seem to run fine. Any ideas??

bearcat241
March 13th, 2012, 07:29
I used to get this a lot in my new computer early on. Figured it was just driver thingy, so I just ignored it and played through it. Over time i've upgraded the Nvidia drivers at least three successive times to keep current and with this i also eliminated the problem. Now running version 285.58...

highpockets
March 13th, 2012, 09:43
Can't play through it because cannot see much but the interference. I may revert back to previous updates on the video card. I just downloaded a recent one, but not sure if the problem existed before that.

highpockets
March 17th, 2012, 11:38
Reverted back to previous version of the video card driver and that fixed the issue.:jump: