PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lost my water!

jschall
March 13th, 2012, 03:53
Yeah!

Suddenly, all water textures have been replaced by FSX terrain textures and autogen!

I was doing a lot of upgrades and installations at the time:

- installed the SDK from DVD, followed by the SP1A update to the SDK

- installed ADE

- installed SbuilderX

- edited and re-compiled a stock airport with ADE

That's when I noticed the water had disappeared.

I have de-activated my UTX USA and my UTX Canada

Orbx PNW is still active.

Whatever caused this water texture problem, it affects the whole FSX world, not just North America/PNW.

Short of uninstalling/reinstalling FSX, is there a way to get my water back?

roger-wilco-66
March 13th, 2012, 04:02
Yeah!

Suddenly, all water textures have been replaced by FSX terrain textures and autogen!

I was doing a lot of upgrades and installations at the time:

- installed the SDK from DVD, followed by the SP1A update to the SDK

- installed ADE

- installed SbuilderX

- edited and re-compiled a stock airport with ADE

That's when I noticed the water had disappeared.

Whatever caused this water texture problem, it affects the whole FSX world, not just North America/PNW.

Short of uninstalling/reinstalling FSX, is there a way to get my water back?

I suspect you kept the original airport and just added the modified one to addon scenery. If so, what happens when you deactivate the modified airport scenery in the database?
I remember I also had that happen some time ago, it was connected to some fumbling in SBX or ADE. Drained the whole planet with a mouse-click.

Cheers,
Mark

stiz
March 13th, 2012, 04:29

I have a strong feeling one of those is the culprit, try either reinstalling all of em (or just the ones you want), if that doesnt work, uninstall all of em and do fresh installs.

papab
March 13th, 2012, 06:20
Run your utx usa desktop icon and your water will return

papab
March 13th, 2012, 06:22
Just run the utx program from the desktop icon and the water will returm

jschall
March 13th, 2012, 06:57
I suspect you kept the original airport and just added the modified one to addon scenery. If so, what happens when you deactivate the modified airport scenery in the database?

Tried that - the problem was still there.

I remember I also had that happen some time ago, it was connected to some fumbling in SBX or ADE. Drained the whole planet with a mouse-click.

And the dead fish smelled terrible, eh?

jschall
March 13th, 2012, 07:01
I had to uninstall all three add-ons (UTX Canada, UTX USA and Orbx). Just re-running the control panels did nothing. Now I've got my water back, with default textures and roads.

Thanks for your replies!

Holger Sandmann
March 13th, 2012, 07:44
Hi there,

when installing SBuilderX you get the option for also installing an optimized terrain.cfg file. If you chose yes that would have overwritten your current cfg along with all its custom entries for ORBX, UTX, and possibly other add-ons (FSAddon, Megascenery, etc.). Running each of your UTX setup .exe will restore the UTX entries. The equivalent repair happens by cycling FTX Central once to Default FSX and back to North America but from your description it sounds that you didn't know this and thus the water (and other features) remained absent within PNW.

Cheers, Holger