PDA

View Full Version : 'Tonight's "Walking Dead" Episode'

Panther_99FS
March 11th, 2012, 18:09
:jump::jump::jump:

Butcherbird17
March 12th, 2012, 09:21
I'm glad that Shane finally got what he deserved. I would have done it a few episodes back.:icon_lol:

Joe

TARPSBird
March 12th, 2012, 09:50
About time. Shane's been an insufferable a-hole for the entire new season. Too bad Carl came upon the scene, Rick's gonna have a hard time explaining what went down.

NachtPiloten
March 12th, 2012, 10:05
Good thing Shane is gone, not sure how the wife is going to take it or did she plant the seed with Shane to make him choose to kill Rick. Looks like the farm is going to have some visitors too. Off with their heads!

FAC257
March 12th, 2012, 13:54
TWD is my absolute favorite TV show. I got hooked the first episode I saw and then went back and re-watched all of the episodes through Netflix until I was completely caught up.

They aren't afraid to pull punches with the subject matter at all. :applause:

The only other TV series that I can remember not wanting to miss each week like I do with TWD, was Hill Street Blues.

FAC

TARPSBird
March 12th, 2012, 16:42
Good thing Shane is gone, not sure how the wife is going to take it or did she plant the seed with Shane to make him choose to kill Rick. Looks like the farm is going to have some visitors too. Off with their heads!
Seems to me Lori planted the seed of final confrontation in both Rick and Shane, though maybe unintentionally. For a while I thought old Dale might be the one to solve the Shane problem - that is, until last week. :icon_lol: Got hooked on TWD last fall when I started watching it before the new "Hell on Wheels" series kicked off. Gotta have my weekly ration of walkers.

Panther_99FS
March 13th, 2012, 04:33
Anyone else here reading the book?
It's good to see that the TV series is "slightly different" than the book series....:mixedsmi:

Panther_99FS
March 13th, 2012, 04:36
They aren't afraid to pull punches with the subject matter at all. :applause:

FAC

The book is very "raw" (for lack of a better word). But I must admit to being satisfied that the TV series hasn't watered-down the books rawness/rough edges that much....:applause:

Daveroo
March 13th, 2012, 08:03
is this a "reality" show? a story? syfi? what...ive never heard of this before

FAC257
March 13th, 2012, 12:43
It's basically an end of life as we know it zombie story. But what make it different than say Resident Evil or any of big screen zombie movies is that TWD looks at things a little more realistically.

Its more like......Okay what if this did happen in our normal everyday world and how would a group of normal non-military elite super martial arts, regular folks like you and me have to deal with it. You can't get rid of them, there is no cure, you might as well face it that you have to figure out how to live with them and carve out a new world. Where do you live? How do you stay safe? Go grocery shopping? Dang my wife's pregnant and thinking about raising a child in this new world, where the noise a baby makes could doom the few people who have learned how to survive.

The storyline is believable and the characters are easy to identify with. One of the things that really makes it work is that the censors seem to be keeping their hands off it. The zombies are as good as I've seen in any movie and dispatching of zombies when needed is in your face. Sometimes even then the story, does it in ways that make your jaw drop because there is so much of the human relationship with the zombies at the heart of the incident.

One of my favorite scenes was when the wife of an abusive husband that was part of the group got bit by a walker (zombie). He got "killed" during the fight, but you have to do the brain thing to make sure they stay dead. Well, his abused wife grabbed the pick axe from one of the men and proceeded to make hamburger out of his head. When she started crying, you really didn't know if she was sad because she was having to pick axe her a-hole hubby's head or were they tears of relief that he was finally gone and she was actually enjoying herself with the pick axe.

TWD has somehow managed to make a zombie story that grabs you and makes you think rather than just overwhelming you with gore and horror. Even girls like it. :) There's a few of the ladies at work that won't miss it when it's on.

FAC

Panther_99FS
March 13th, 2012, 16:38
a zombie story that grabs you and makes you think rather than just overwhelming you with gore and horror. FAC

More to the point...It's a story about people in a situation & not zombies - if a zombie appears, there is a reason why it's there.

Cratermaker
March 14th, 2012, 05:03
More to the point...It's a story about people in a situation & not zombies - if a zombie appears, there is a reason why it's there.
It has been said that the title of the show is NOT referring to the zombies in the story...

FAC257
March 14th, 2012, 13:43
It's a story about people in a situation & not zombies - if a zombie appears, there is a reason why it's there.

Exactly! That's a great way to put it.

FAC

Panther_99FS
March 14th, 2012, 15:07
It has been said that the title of the show is NOT referring to the zombies in the story...

Yeppers & there's a section in the book that talks about this definitively......:naturesm:

cputters
March 14th, 2012, 16:11
One of my favouite things about this show is that the word "zombie" has never been muttered. I also love how it's written. The graphic novels are awesome and the show does it justice. Some episodes don't even have a walker in them, yet you still know they're out there.

My favourite scene was the walker trying to get in through the windscreen. Showing how mindless they are.

I'm a bit worries about the "turning" process now though. ;)

Flyboy208
March 14th, 2012, 18:17
Seems to me that now the "virus" has become airborne or in the water supply .... Mike :running:

Panther_99FS
March 18th, 2013, 17:57
If you watched last night's episode then....:icon_eek:

Panther_99FS
March 24th, 2013, 19:29
Phew - Another doozy of an episode! :icon_eek:

Eoraptor1
March 25th, 2013, 06:21
Gotta go. Gotta go. IMO, people who didn't learn very quickly to put down loved ones when they turned would be quickly weeded out; either by walkers or by their more survival-minded compatriots. One thing I do think the show gets very right is in the event of something like this happening, their would be LOTS of crazy people hopping around. Not talking about walkers, per se, just people whose minds have snapped. JAMES

TARPSBird
March 25th, 2013, 14:33
I think they should've killed off Andrea and kept Merle around for at least another season. That said, I hope we see more of Morgan next season. Was hoping he'd join the crew in the recent episode where Rick took some of his weapons.

Panther_99FS
March 31st, 2013, 18:08
Well - One heckuva season ender! :icon_eek: