PDA

View Full Version : Capt Sim 737 base pack out now.

Barnes
March 11th, 2012, 14:48
Just got it - great VC cockpit!

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x737/200/

JIMJAM
March 11th, 2012, 15:24
HAHAHAHA

So I followed the link and read their lenghty reasoning for charging people for being beta testers. Now CS calls the practice "CIS" and is for Experimental- TEST PILOTS ONLY" lol
IIRC CS were the pioneers at this. I know I was a "test pilot" for their 727,707,C-130 and the B-52.

They call it CIP. A 3 step program......
"No guarantees, as we all live in very fragile world. Step I release does not guarantee Step II release, and Step II release does not guarantee Step III release. All three releases are separate products with no promise or pre-payment. You pay for exactly what you get.
Captain Sim has no record of any projects dropped after Step I release, but we want to be 100% honest saying that everything is possible. Even if we will drop a project at any Step there will be no refunds"
At least they are telling us up front that once the 1st step,getting your money, is completed, the last steps are totally optional for them.

N2056
March 11th, 2012, 15:33
Ya got to admire a business model based on what P.T. Barnum said! :icon_lol:

Barnes
March 11th, 2012, 15:39
Well im enjoying testing it :jump:

StormILM
March 11th, 2012, 18:05
Seems a good model but I've had hit or miss luck with CS's FPS performance on different models and considering what they're saying on that product page and considering the package(as is) cost, I will wait until the Milviz version comes out. With that one and the JF/Blackbox version and this one, the choices will be many and pretty safe in us being able to have a good 731/2 in our FSX hangars.

Mach3DS
March 11th, 2012, 19:46
yeah, sorry CS, I've been around the block enough to know how NOT to get burned. I don't pay for incomplete material. And paying to beta test a product that may or may not be dropped, I'll pass until it's completed. Saves me a bunch of headaches! :)

jeansy
March 11th, 2012, 20:21
The upgrade is applicable only to previously purchased the 737-100 Exterior Model version 0.1 or 0.2 (before 06MAR2012) or 737-200 Exterior Model 0.3 (after 06MAR2012).
In both cases file name must be csx730_0X00.exe

Please make sure the csx730_0X00.exe is installed on you computer before the Base Pack Upgrade installation. Otherwise you will not be able to install the Base Pack Upgrade.

Notes:
- You do not have to use your €10 discount on the Step II release. You can save it for Step III (1.0) release.

- There is no discount for the users of the 737-200 Exterior Model purchased before 06MAR2012 (csx732_0X00.exe)

i like the last line, what happened to all the loyal people who did purchased both models in good faith, and only get the recognition for one

please sir may i have another pineapple

they just lost my support

YoYo
March 12th, 2012, 03:03
But as I remember the "old" version of 737-200 it was only expansion (now its a base pack). Main model it was 737-100 and discount for old owners of 737-100 is present. It isnt possible to have only 737-200 without 737-100 External, so perhaps for owners of old 737-200 will be discount too but for future expansion, not for base model. Maybe.

This vc its a payware beta. In the last time its a like a fasion.

ThePlainsman
March 12th, 2012, 03:10
You guys argue this out. I almost never fly airliners, so Capt. Sim is irrelevant. Sight-seeing in GA aircraft is the only way to go (for me) in FSX. :salute:

Tim-HH
March 12th, 2012, 03:23
Just wait! In a couple of month it will be available for $9.99 in one of their numerous sales event... :mixedsmi:

Greetings
Tim

Landman
March 12th, 2012, 04:03
When I saw that they finally had the virtual cockpit done I was excited and ready to buy. When I went to their site I read the discussion forum first and I'm glad I did. It seems there are at least 50 or more bugs that people have found already and the VC had only been out for what, a day or two? Things like switches making a sound only and not moving, the engine numbers on the fuel shutoff levers are reversed and one number is upside down, you have to make your final approach at a high angle of attack or you will sink rapidly, etc, etc. Seriously, how do they not catch this stuff during the beta testing? Usually there are a few bugs I can easily fix myself like wheels sunk halfway in the ground when sitting idle. No problem, I just edit a few contact points and I am good to go. But now it is at a whole new level. I'm gonna wait this one out and see what gets fixed before buying this one.

icycle
March 12th, 2012, 05:11
. I'm gonna wait this one out and see what gets fixed before buying this one.

Agree here. Seems a lot to pay to be frustrated. I get enough frustration, daily, at work, so need to pay to get more :icon_lol:

Interesting how "crowded" the market for the early 737 has suddenly gotten. CS seems to have been caught out by the the JF/Blackbox release, and the impending Milviz versions. This paid "experimental" phase is a novel idea, if nothing else. It does, however, seem to be a reaction to the market segment being suddenly crowded, and their product late to market - which can be fatal in the world of marketing.

We shall see the fallout.... Hopefully the product gets sorted, and can compete. Still on the fence for which version to get. Certainly don't need THREE B737-200's in the hanger, especially at $40-$50 US each....

Bill

Black.Hornet
March 12th, 2012, 08:31
I feel it's no different then what milviz did when they released their F-15 on Black Friday. They knew it was incomplete, but still released it to get money, because of the pending release of the Iris model. At Least Captain Sim is being up front about it and not hiding anything. I for one will purchase their 737 package from CS.

Now I know some of you will come at me oh well Milviz fixed their bugs. Well my response is they haven't in fact, I find their 3D Model to be still partially incorrect and cockpit functionality just plane wrong. Even during the SP they changed some visual things but it still remains incorrect. See Captain Sim, I know will produce an accurate 3D model and functions that are in the real world. That is an important factor to a FSX investment.

Sure some of you will say oh but the flight dynamics. Well that can be changed or upgraded with ease, but again it goes back to Captain Sim's ability to model a beautiful 3D model. Which I am certain they will come through on the complete package.

Barnes
March 12th, 2012, 09:58
Agreed - and at least Capt Sim were honest that its not 100% - unlike other devs who dont warn us that we are testing!

That said its my fav tube at the moment :jump:

JIMJAM
March 12th, 2012, 12:47
EDITED...
Big rant to mini rant
"at least Capt Sim were honest " I can honestly say Ive NEVER in my life read that. lolololo

Nah, I got into a long winded rant and decided its not worth it. Buy at your own risk and dont you were not warned. Its not a cure for cancer but still, if we do not stay on their asses CS will creep back to their sos. Now do you think CS are going to spend time and money fleshing out this plane or start developing another that going to bring in fresh cash flow?

Sorry to rip old scabs off but I got burned with their C-130 which Paypal closed their accounts for the astrononical numbers of requested refunds. PP told em if they did not "fix" the plane they would not allow them to get their hand on their money. I went for a long time without my money or plane and got the finger from CS. Ok, I promised not to rant and went into another mini rant.

Mach3DS
March 12th, 2012, 14:22
Agreed...honestly I hope they do finish the aircraft because the 737-100/200 is my favorite model, and CS builds some good airplanes...but what kind of sales pitch is (and I'm paraphrasing) "buy this plane and test is for us, but it may or may not be dropped for another project"?? I'm not sure what to make of it...as stated before, finished product will get my money...this isn't a CaptainSim thing, it's just the way I do business so as not to angry over something out of my control. I really do hope it's everything we're hoping it will be!

Ian Warren
March 12th, 2012, 15:47
No hesitation with me .. when the C-130 , I considered it the Captains flagship was released for FS9 it was worthy of cost , FSX come little while later and the Captain did the Herc FSX , since in Christchurch NZ the USN had a base here up pre 2000 , now USAF the Captain complied with the expansion LC-130 , if i was to measure the cost it was super expensive but worth every dollar after all was the Captains Flagship .

So no hesitation with 737s had both the 100/200 , now they changed the game slightly at cost .. $15NZ for both now with having to pay $45NZ for now near complete model albeit still getting worked on is still very cheap and worth every Kiwi dollar , the cockpit textures are simple Booootyfull .

End of the day , CS will complete the product and now it has its VC .. more atune to the Classic 73s that plied the NZ sky's up to a decade ago till the New Generation 300s took over .

Two famous New Zealand airports Wellington and Queenstown ... just what this 200 will test you on ... Worth every cent :salute:

pbearsailor
March 12th, 2012, 15:47
It is almost impossible to have a civil Captain Sim thread. I'm guessing the 737 base is out earlier than they planned due to the Just Flight and Milviz versions. Nobody has to buy it, now or anytime, but the option is there.

I've had my frustrations in the past with Captain Sim, but recent releases to me have been extremely well supported with three or four updated versions being issued for the B-727 and the B-707. There are some language and cultural differences sometimes that get in the way, but to me there are very few developers that do a better VC than Captain Sim. They look real and the weathering is always well done.

They are already listing fixes from the beta that will be in the next version. There is no reason to think they won't finish the B-737.

I'm glad I have it and look forward to the development, just like I did for Danny's beta payware release of the RV-7. You choose to buy it or you don't, but there isn't any reason to attack them in this thread IMHO.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

stovall
March 12th, 2012, 19:11
Black.Hornet, consider this a warning!! Bashing of developers products and of the developers themselves will not be tolerated. Comments of that nature are out of line. This is the second warning I personally have given you, it will probably be the last.

Ian Warren
March 13th, 2012, 01:44
Christchurch to Queenstown sortie .. Not quiet like the Utube mission http://nzff.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/8Custom-12.jpg
Climbing out looking for the radial 215 over woodend NDB
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/9Custom-8.jpg
What those hills 'Mav' .. i'm going to bring it in closer 'Goose' .... your going to do what ! http://nzff.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/10Custom-6.jpg
And to finish in Dunedin http://nzff.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/11Custom-6.jpg
That's another one we walked away from Simon ... http://nzff.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif
BEEP BEEP http://nzff.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/plane.gif