PDA

View Full Version : revamped cf2 do 335 on the way

Tom@Cr1-Software
March 10th, 2012, 06:58
Hey guys, I will get that old do 335 all fixed up for cfs2 for ya. I can get the Dr1 an Spad and Hippo fixed for you too.
After seeing how Flight went and now windows 8 Im done with it all man.
So I figger I may as well load up my old fsds and get out some kick ass cfs2 planes and missions. It will require that I go back a Xp pro install but what ever. It was a great Os and it liked all my old games so ....so be it.

Can you guys get me up to speed in cfs2 updated scenery mods?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom@Cr1-Software
March 10th, 2012, 07:30
ok i have the sim loaded onto a usb drive and it works fine. So is it possible to port over fs9 scenery?

olaf1924
March 10th, 2012, 12:47
Tom I doubt fs9 scenery will work in cfs2. I have scene fs9 terrain mesh converted for cfs2 but that is about all.

tonybones2112
March 10th, 2012, 19:00
Tom, your DO-335 is one of my top 3 aircraft to fly in CFS-2. Thanks my friend. Also, I suggest to everyone who is fighting with M$ Trainwreck 7 and 8 to acquire a 32 bit computer running 98 or XP and dedicate it to your various CFS and FS uses. I put mine together from parts.

:salute:

Tony

kdriver
March 11th, 2012, 09:05
Hi Tom,

Any aircraft conversions from FS9 to CFS2 will be much appreciated.

As far as scenery goes, you should be able to find most of it on this site and it's outstanding. Here are some of the masters I can think of:

Mesh and watermasking: Rhumbaflappy;

Pacific: Maskrider, Pen32Win, Xavier Berdaguer, Uncle Tgt, Onno Gras, Usio, Lindsay Watt (see his website);

Europe/Mediterranean/Africa: Sander de Cocq, Achim, Jean Bomber, Wolfi, Rami, Ajax, Canion, Cees Donker, Gius, Ettico, Jim Jacobson, Gary Burns, Ian Elliott.

Basically just download the latest version of everything in the scenery section, which is in two sections - Warbirds and Warbirds Archive.

Kevin

Captain Kurt
March 11th, 2012, 09:14
Wow, that's great to hear (about you that is - Microsoft not so much) - CFS2 can always use new and/or better made aircraft models! Welcome!!

CFS2 lives because it is so adaptable and provides so many opportunities for modofication by the users. Up to date on scenery mods? Whew, where to start.

Rhumbaflappy meshes have just about become the standard used to update the land itself. Europe and the Mediterranean have been receiving a lot of attention the last couple of years. Rami has written 2 very good, up to date guides on updating your CFS2 theater loads - how to do it and where to get the scenery files. The game is not quite up to handling the entire world in in one game load but it can handle pretty large chunks of it at a time. Anyway, you can get the guides here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=49&id=2931

and here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=49&id=2932

A selection of some (certainly not all) of the best scenery designers are MaskRider, Ettico, Achim27619, Pen32win, Sander de Cocq, Jean Bomber, Tobob, BrunoSk, Wolfi, Canion, Xavier Berdaguer, all of whom have downloads here. There a lot of other guys - too many to list all of them - who also have added some good contributions that are available here. Including me though you have to download my 2 latest campaigns to get most of them.

It's not your father's CFS2 anymore, and you can spend many many happy (or frustrating, depending on how well it's working out for you at the moment :icon_lol:) hours customizing the scenery in your theaters of war. Check out the threads in the forum and go "shopping" in the Warbirds Library and the Archives sections and try things out to see what you like and want to use. There's a ton so be prepared to spend some time.