PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor Ships

Talon
March 9th, 2012, 19:52
I've been fooling around with the effects of the Pearl ships. So far I like what I have done to them. They smoke longer after being hit and the fires are bigger.

After a little more work on them I will put up some screenshots.

Talon

brundu841
March 10th, 2012, 01:27
thank you for your work TALON, I want to know or have your mission on Operation Torch in North Africa ... ? I always look forward to therelease of this creation and that of the French ships

Talon
March 10th, 2012, 09:01
Some screenies of BB Row at Pearl.

I don't have all the ships that were at Pearl in my missions. I basically have BB Row and some ships docked.I added about 20 ships besides the ones already in the GSL. This makes for better playability and helps on getting the right ships hit.

I know some of you like the eye candy of all the ships but for me it's not playable.To frame heavy. With the way I have it setup the lowest FPS I get is 23 and that's with the ships burning. The other thing is it causes the AI aircraft to attack the wrong ships usually what's cloest to them on their attack run.

I have been working on 3 torpedo attack missions.

1) From Hiryu-You attack BB row and you flights targets are Oklahoma and West Virginia. I made special spawn files for this.

2) From Soryu-You come in from the other side and attack Utah and Helena,also uses the spawn files. I still need to do some work on thid onr.

3) You are already outside the Harbor and line up for your attack.No spawn files in this one and it works pretty well.

I have a couple of level bomber ( kates with 800kg bombs ) missions I'm still working on.The bombers attack about 10 minutes after the torpedo planes and so I may just have the ships burning from the torpedo attack.

Wheeler field attack-This one I have just started on and there will be planes taking off from Wheeler when you arrive.

I also have 4 second wave missions with Kates ( 1 x 250kg and 6 x 60kg bombs,this was only used at Pearl as was the 800kg bomb ) and Vals.Ships will be burning at Pearl when you get there.

OK enough talk here are the pics.

Talon

Led Zeppelin
March 10th, 2012, 09:16
Looking forward to fly these ones, a lot of work has been made here.

stumpjumper1
March 10th, 2012, 11:53
im glad your still twecking all to be honest allthe work i did on the ,akeing the ships would not have been worth if with out your help on them and of course the rest of the rs team

HouseHobbit
March 10th, 2012, 13:29
Yea like the burning ships!!
They do look great!
Bravo..

Been burning them also here:applause:

Thanks for this..To The RS team, and for your work Talon..
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: