PDA

View Full Version : RAF_Fighter_Station_V1.zip

grizzly50
March 9th, 2012, 16:07
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category Netwings Scenery

Description: This is a scenery package that was originally posted on the Netwings site. They were intended for stock CFS3 and/or CFS3 with Firepower ONLY. Nothing has been modified in any way and it is still in it's original *.zip file. Here is the README for full acknowledgement:

RAF FIGHTER STATION FOR CFS3 V1.0
This is for all those tortured souls like me who can't stand the stock cfs3 airfields. Most of my flight time is spent
in either free flight or quick combat and I wanted somewhere to call home that looked at least a little more RAF-like
in appearance. It is not based on anywhere in particular though it has it's influences in Kenley, Duxford, Tangmere, Exeter
and all those other Battle of Britain stations.
CORRECTIONS FROM THE BETA
This install replaces the Beta version. It corrects 3 main errors , the installation notes have changed to suit.
The changes are:
1) The .mos and psp files for the terrain were unneccessary and have been removed, the .dds was all that was required.
2) There was an entry in the facilities folder relating to a grass runways Objects file. This looks to have
been the cause of the scenery disturbance and has been removed.
3) The spawn point in the QC/UI screen has been pin-pointed and moved away from the hangar, which caused the aircraft to explode.
A winter texture has been added and there have also been a couple of minor moves of buildings to improve the look and the RAF ensign has been included.

NOTES
1) This is not an Add-on. It will replace any stock airfield that has the heading of "airbase_dual_1" for it's entry in
the GSL file (which is not altered by this). This means that ALL airfields of this type no matter what their
geographic location will change. The only way around this is to alter the GSL file which is beyond the scope of
what I'm trying to achieve. There's a list at the bottom of this sheet showing all those airfields affected.
2) None of the buildings as yet have damage models.
3) The trees are pretty awful, if you wish to remove them just open the "airbase_dual_1" facilities file in 'Notepad' and
remove the entire line for each tree entry. This goes for any objects that you may not like or wish to be included.
4) The "vehicle textures (optional)" folder contains repaints of a few of the stock vehicles in RAF colours.

INSTALLATION FROM THE BETA VERSION
If you have previously installed the Beta version, first un-install it by restoring your backed-up 'lcmosaic' zipped folder into the CFS3 Terrains folder
and backed-up 'airbase_dual_1.xml' file into the cfs3 'Facilities' folder. Next DELETE the lcmosaic.zx file from your cfs3 'Terrains' folder.
There is no need to remove the buildings from the beta version, let them get overwriten when installing this version.
Run cfs3 to ensure that all is back to stock before continuing.

If this is a new install, locate your CFS3 directory, usually c:\programme files\microsoft games\Combat flight simulator 3
1) Copy and paste the entire contents of the 'RAF fighter station Buildings' folder into your Combat flight simulator 3/Buildings folder.
2) Look in your Combat Flight Simulator 3/Facilities folder and find the "airbase_dual_1.xml" file. BACK-UP THIS ORIGINAL FIRST.
From the 'RAF fighter station Facilities' folder - Copy and paste the "airbase_dual_1.xml" file into your Combat flight simulator 3/Facilities folder.
3) Look in your Combat Flight Simulator 3/Terrains folder and find the "lcmosaic.zip" folder. BACK-UP THIS ORIGINAL FIRST.
Important! - DRAG and DROP the 2 .dds files from the 'RAF fighter station Terrains' folder into your Combat Flight Simulator 3/Terrains/lcmosaic zipped folder (no need to unzip).
Wait for the file transfers to complete as they may take a few moments. Then delete the lcmosaic.zx file.
4) Optional - Look in your Combat Flight Simulator 3/Vehicles folder and find the folders for "a_jeep", "b_gastruck", and "b_humber". Among the files in each folder are 2(two) .dds files. BACK-UP THESE ORIGINALS FIRST.
From the 'Vehicle textures (optional)' folder - Copy and paste the .dds files into the appropriate folders in your Combat flight simulator 3/Vehicles/xxxxxx folders, then delete the .bdp files.
BACK-UP THE ORIGINALS FIRST.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
For helping me to get started in Gmax and for their continued and much appreciated help: Rafael and Winding Man
For being able to use and modify some of their excellent textures: Cees Donker, Ian Elliot, Kevin Fairgrieve and Dan Hamblin
For testing this version: Ralph B, Capt. Winters and RCAF Dudley
Most importantly to 'Rabbit' V2 1.1 for his time and efforts spent in fault finding, as well as all the chaps at the Outhouse CFS3 forum.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

I'm sorry If I've forgotten anybody, please shout up if I have!

ME (Pat Pattle)
clivemorley475@msn.com. Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues, ideas, improvements, want to lend a hand (please!) etc. Source models avalailable - if you'd like them just ask.

This is FREEWARE feel free to do with it as you wish, but it's nice to ask first ;-)

ALG A-6
Altenstadt
Audembert
Beaumont-le-Roger
Brooklands
Caffiers
Chièvres
Croydon Two
Dole
Wasserkurl
Dover
Eutingen
Great Dunmow
Guernsey
Kingscliffe
Le Bourget
Le Mans
Mannheim
Merston
Morlaix
Newchurch
Oldenburg
Rheine
Schongau
St. Omer
Vannes
Wels
Westhampnett
Yeovil
Avignon
Bordeaux
Nice
Dijon
Laage
Exeter

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF_Fighter_Station_V1.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=5546&catid=133)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.