PDA

View Full Version : Nick Bradin repaints for Alpha freeware S-55

ian elliot
March 7th, 2012, 09:39
Im wondering if anyone out there remembers a pack of RAF-British Army repaints for the freeware S-55/Whirlwind, i think they where found only at Avsim and where lost in the big crash a few years back, his Royal Navy repaints are still up there and are really great, if you hav'nt got them, i'd check them out. but im hoping to ring some bells with the other pack.
cheers ian

Rich
March 7th, 2012, 17:13
May be wrong but I do'nt think Nick did any Army repaints since it was at that size a RAF/RN heli.

There are 2 RAF paints I know of one cam and 0ne rescue yellow (22 Sqn I think) but not sure if Nick did the yellow paint.

Blackbird686
March 8th, 2012, 07:35
I believe Frank Safranek (Geez I hope I spelled his name right) did the yellow repaint for the S-55. I saw it over at Avsim, I was browsing for repaints for this superb little heli, since OBIO told me about it. Just do a search on "S-55", (without the quotes) in the Avsim file library and you'll see it listed there. The repaint is for both FSX and FS9 and is very well done.

BTW... thanks OBIO, she's a real beauty and she's nearly crash proof. My kind of aircraft. :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:

burcham8
March 8th, 2012, 08:26
One reason I love it so much is that the tail rotor behaves as if it is actually working!!!

Marc

NickB
March 9th, 2012, 06:36
Hi Ian,

Here are some pics of my repaints that I have installed in FSX and FS9 currently. There are a couple of others somewhere on my hard drive like a South Vietnamese one, but that was a bit dull so I removed it, and Whirlwind XA870 as preserved by the Yorkshire Helicopter Presevation Group at the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum, Doncaster. I think that one is still up at Avsim. LH317 is from the old movie "The Lost World" and has never been uploaded, neither has the US Navy one or the RAF 22 Sqn (yellow) one.

NickB
March 9th, 2012, 06:44
You can only put 8 pics in one post so here are the next couple, 22 Sqn rescue heli and 28 Sqn based in Hong Kong. All of these repaints are on the wrong model but I think this is the best model of a "Whirlwind", and some are completely fictional or based on Westland Wessex paint schemes. I never uploaded the 22 Sqn paint because Frank (I think) already did one although my one is based on an HAR 10 where his was based on a piston version (I think).
Let me know if you would like any of them. I can probably email them to you or upload if necessary.

Nick

Rich
March 12th, 2012, 00:02
Hi Nick, many thanks for uploading your S-55 repaints, I have them working in FSX, very nice thanks.

Rich

ian elliot
March 12th, 2012, 09:42
Thanks Nick. flying mine now, cheers ian :icon29::icon29:

NickB
March 12th, 2012, 11:38
Ian/Rich, glad you like them.

They are at Avsim in FS2004 Aircraft repaints + mods if anyone is wondering.

These two below are still at Avsim along with a Dutch Navy one and another RN one. If you search Avsim for "Nick Bradin" you will find them. They were uploaded in 2007.

Cheers
Nick

737trio
March 15th, 2012, 16:09
Both of of the following files have a green US Army copter

14-03-09 alphs55x.zip 15,278,299 at Flightsim

14-03-09 alphs559.zip 12,944,752 at Flightsim

You probably have these already.

Eric D

VPL Paolo Lao
March 16th, 2012, 00:46
Thank you Nick, Nice Paint job:salute:

Desert Rat
March 18th, 2012, 04:14
Nick,

thanks for the paints, great stuff!!

I also found some more while looking for other skins, do a search for 'Mike Delizee' on Flightsim.

Jamie

AndyG43
March 18th, 2012, 04:35
Nick,

thanks for the paints, great stuff!!

I also found some more while looking for other skins, do a search for 'Mike Delizee' on Flightsim.

Jamie

Mike Delizee has been trickling out a series of interesting repaints recently, largely for British subjects - a few Lysander repaints and a Hampden one for the AS models, and a nice Stirling repaint for Ted Cook's model a couple of days back. :applause: