PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Right Aircraft!

MSW
December 22nd, 2008, 07:59
I'm looking for a high quality modeled twin engine aircraft simular in type as the PMDG B1900C or the Aeroworx King Air that is for FSX. Unfortunately, I tried porting over the PMDG B1900C to FSX but it has some problems with the VC and the prop textures as well as the sound. The Aeroworx King Air won't port over and Aeroworx is apparently not going to release a FSX version (we'll see if Flight1 does indeed take it over). The freeware AFG version of the King Air is for FS2004 and will port over but there are some problems with this such as prop textures and others. The Flight1 441 Conquest has been made compatible with FSX but the VC textures as well as all other features are still the same as FS2004 and show their age.

Is there anything out there in this type of aircraft which is a FSX model?

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Mike

spotlope
December 22nd, 2008, 08:05
In the B1900 vein, I like Aerosoft's Piper Cheyenne II. They upgraded it to full FSX native status, and it's as lovely now as it ever was in FS9. One of my favorite VCs, too.

Eaglesoft's Twin Commanche is a simpler twin that's also a looker, and if you want to step up to jets then you'd love Flight1's Cessna Citation Mustang. Their Pilatus PC-12 is also FSX-native now, if memory serves.

Killbilly
December 22nd, 2008, 08:10
Not really the same type, but if you're just looking for twin turboprops, the Aerosoft Twin Otter is one of my most flown aircraft. Very good VC and flight dynamics.

expat
December 22nd, 2008, 08:11
Freeware PAD MU-2 and Avanti P-180 are good high performance propjet twins that work fine in FSX.

gajit
December 22nd, 2008, 08:15
In the B1900 vein, I like Aerosoft's Piper Cheyenne II. They upgraded it to full FSX native status, and it's as lovely now as it ever was in FS9. One of my favorite VCs, too.

Eaglesoft's Twin Commanche is a simpler twin that's also a looker, and if you want to step up to jets then you'd love Flight1's Cessna Citation Mustang. Their Pilatus PC-12 is also FSX-native now, if memory serves.

I agree with the Cheyenne - excellent day and night flying.

MCDesigns
December 22nd, 2008, 08:17

yep, agreed!

Aircanuck
December 22nd, 2008, 08:22
If I may add my two cents worth , you can't go wrong with the Aerosoft Twotter..... easy on the FPS and a terrific VC.

AlphaSim's Islander should be landing soon, if the finished product is as good as their screenshots it should be a winner.

I still have a soft spot in my hanger for the Aeroworx King Air, at the time ..... the best twin ever.

Merry Christmas all ....

Aircanuck :mixedsmi:

abrussell
December 22nd, 2008, 08:38
You can find the b1900d and the twin otter at premaircraft.com. as well as other great freeware aircraft for Fsx and Fs2004.
Bruce

MSW
December 22nd, 2008, 08:41
Thanks for the suggestions so far! I already have the Eaglesoft Twin Commanche which is nice, however, I'm looking for more of a passenger/cargo commutor airline twin prop aircraft which is of the size of the B1900C and the King Air.

Actually, it's that I only fly FSX now and I miss the PMDG B1900C and the Aeroworx King Air that I flew in FS2004. I was hoping there was something out there to replace them in FSX which I may have missed.

Mike

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2008, 09:20
Hey Mike,

I highly suggest the AFG B300 Beech Kingair.

The textures and mapping are brilliant, has its own gauges and a really sweet soundpack, and Sean Doren and a few others did a gazillion paint schemes for them.

I highly suggest it...

But!!!! (but).. its freeware.. ;)

Bill

MCDesigns
December 22nd, 2008, 09:54
Hey Mike,

I highly suggest the AFG B300 Beech Kingair.

The textures and mapping are brilliant, has its own gauges and a really sweet soundpack, and Sean Doren and a few others did a gazillion paint schemes for them.

I highly suggest it...

But!!!! (but).. its freeware.. ;)

Bill

Did they do an FSX version that I missed? :isadizzy: I searched and only found an FS9 one, is that the one?

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2008, 09:57
Did they do an FSX version that I missed? :isadizzy: I searched and only found an FS9 one, is that the one?

oops... :banghead: My apologies....

Well.. Mike. If you decide you like single engine turboprops, I might be able to help you. :d

Bill

MSW
December 22nd, 2008, 10:01
Lionheart:

I have tried the AFG Kingair but the prop texture problem in FSX (clouds and autogen disappear behind the props) kind of ruin it for me. Do you know any fixes to this problem?

Mike

MCDesigns
December 22nd, 2008, 10:08
Thanks Bill, no problems, was just hoping I had missed an FSX release. :banghead:

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2008, 11:23
Lionheart:

I have tried the AFG Kingair but the prop texture problem in FSX (clouds and autogen disappear behind the props) kind of ruin it for me. Do you know any fixes to this problem?

Mike

Mike

I am afraid not. I only know of making the Alphas much darker for the prop discs, but it still has transparency issues as like other FS9 port-overs.

Michael,

Yep, that would certainly be an AWESOME bird for FSX. Its one brilliant model. Really good job on the textures that they did...

Bill