PDA

View Full Version : Kaz Ito's got another one out!

Drzook
March 6th, 2012, 17:08
I'm telling you Kazinori Ito is like the Stephen King of Flightsim...keeps cranking out the good stuff at a most frenetic pace!
FS2002 - FS2002 Aircraft
FS2002/FS2004 Avia Accord 201

[ Download (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/kdl.php?fid=164028) | View (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=164028) ]
Name:
accord201.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/kdl.php?fid=164028) Size: 2,447,305
Date: 03-05-2012
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/images/fscfiles//r/accord201.gif http://www.sim-outhouse.com/images/fsc/wbicons/fcq1.gif http://www.sim-outhouse.com/images/fsc/wbicons/fbq1.gif
FS2002/FS2004 Avia Accord 201. This aircraft is designed by Research &
Production Association "Avia Ltd" (Moscow, Russia) registered in 1991 and
certified as "Designer of light civil aircraft". By Kazunori Ito (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/main/review/ito/ito2.htm).

falcon409
March 6th, 2012, 22:02
He is amazing!! Had to get it into FSX and did so without any problems. Replaced all the gauges and substituted a sound set for the time being but it's too deep and powerful for what these engines probably produce, so if anyone has a suggestion on what might be a good sound set. . .holler. The airplane definitely needs some additional liveries so I'm going to put a paint kit together and see what I can come up with. Also need to work the interior some as well, too fuzzy. Basically, it's a very cool little airplane with a lot of potential.:applause::applause:

falcon409
March 10th, 2012, 00:26
He is amazing!! Had to get it into FSX and did so without any problems. Replaced all the gauges and substituted a sound set for the time being but it's too deep and powerful for what these engines probably produce, so if anyone has a suggestion on what might be a good sound set. . .holler. The airplane definitely needs some additional liveries so I'm going to put a paint kit together and see what I can come up with. Also need to work the interior some as well, too fuzzy. Basically, it's a very cool little airplane with a lot of potential.:applause::applause:
Paint Kit in place, working on a livery idea now.

falcon409
March 10th, 2012, 12:08
I am going to assume that with over 250 looks and no replies that this isn't a favorite of anyone's, lol. A little surprising really as this has a nice look and feel to it, no matter. . .I forgot the rivets on the paint kit so I thought I'd post one more time and then I'm going to move on and do some liveries. I won't post any in the forum but I will eventually upload some to the SOH area.

Matt Wynn
March 10th, 2012, 12:22
looking good pal :salute:

wbuchart
March 10th, 2012, 13:31
I am going to assume that with over 250 looks and no replies that this isn't a favorite of anyone's, lol. A little surprising really as this has a nice look and feel to it, no matter. . .I forgot the rivets on the paint kit so I thought I'd post one more time and then I'm going to move on and do some liveries. I won't post any in the forum but I will eventually upload some to the SOH area.

I saw this and didn't reply until now but now think I need to give a word of encouragement. I was looking forward to a few different liveries for this.

I could probably just buy a program and do some myself but I still lack a few things, like talent, skill, time and ability :icon_lol:

So Thank You in advance for any new liveries....."You Go, boy"

Bill

OBIO
March 10th, 2012, 18:04
I like the Accord 201...interesting plane. I haven't flown it much....haven't flown any plane much lately.

OBIO

falcon409
March 10th, 2012, 18:51
I like the Accord 201...interesting plane. I haven't flown it much....haven't flown any plane much lately.
OBIO
Yea same here OBIO, I get started on the paint kit then go back to doing scenery for a while, then back to the paint kit. Every time I think about flying it's either too late in the evening or I think. . ."Just a bit more work on that one airport so I can wrap it up and then. . . . .", lol

OBIO
March 10th, 2012, 20:21
It's spring (or nearly so) here in Ohio...so that means plenty of outside work to do....and looking forward to it all actually. Fishing season is just around the bend, boating season is not far behind. Won't be long before it's time to get the veggie garden tilled up, manure and mulch hauled in and worked into the soil, maters and peppers and onions and such planted. And this year, I am definitely going to spend more time out doors, hiking along the nature trails, taking pics with my nice new digital camera. Not really interested in any facet of simming right now...got to many other things to concentrate on and enjoy doing.

OBIO

hawkeye52
March 11th, 2012, 13:30
"Not really interested in any facet of simming right now...." - OBIO

Uh oh! This is NOT GOOD! :gameoff:

- H52

phantomx1
March 11th, 2012, 15:01
I had seen it over at Flightsim when it came out but passed it up mainly because of the paint that it was displayed with. It looked kind of unreal looking. But in the tan color on this thread it looks much better so I have tried it out and it does have some nice potential for a nice plane.

Noticed it is manufactured by Avia.

Wonder if that is the same Avia that manufactured the Avia 51, the plane that Milton made a model of.

The way the plane performs right out of the box can get to 200 kts in about 5 seconds. Surely that isn't right. But by it's design and with two engines that look to be rather big, and light weight no dout it would make a very good STOL aircraft. As it is, it can take off and land in a very short space.

Besides the extremely fast acceleration rate the elevator trim seems way off and needs adjusting. With power off you can't even trim for glide.

I like the fact that it is a twin and you can easily see the props out there pulling you along.

Engine sound picks:
* FS9 Beech Barron
* FS9 Dehavilland Comet - (that may be interesting)
* Twin Lycoming Continental Sounds - Gary Jones (May sound too powerful)
* TSS Cessna 172 Soundpack - Christoffer Petersen

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 15:42
I had seen it over at Flightsim when it came out but passed it up mainly because of the paint that it was displayed with. It looked kind of unreal looking. But in the tan color on this thread it looks much better so I have tried it out and it does have some nice potential for a nice plane.
Yea, I thought it was a bit gaudy too, yet after looking around I found that it was a RW livery.

The way the plane performs right out of the box can get to 200 kts in about 5 seconds. Surely that isn't right. But by it's design and with two engines that look to be rather big, and light weight no dout it would make a very good STOL aircraft. As it is, it can take off and land in a very short space.

Besides the extremely fast acceleration rate the elevator trim seems way off and needs adjusting. With power off you can't even trim for glide.

I like the fact that it is a twin and you can easily see the props out there pulling you along.
Yep, cruise is only supposed to be around 135 to 140 so the 200kts is kinda off, lol. . .but I don't mind. I did notice the inability to trim accurately. I don't know how to fix that though.

Engine sound picks:
* FS9 Beech Barron
* FS9 Dehavilland Comet - (that may be interesting)
* Twin Lycoming Continental Sounds - Gary Jones (May sound too powerful)
* TSS Cessna 172 Soundpack - Christoffer Petersen
I've been testing various sounds also and haven't really hit on one that sounds right for the size engines and the fact that it's a twin.

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 18:45
. . . . . . .Besides the extremely fast acceleration rate the elevator trim seems way off and needs adjusting. With power off you can't even trim for glide. . . . . . . . .

Something I noticed while I was doing a walkaround before my next flight, the elevator trim tab was almost maxed to full nose-up pitch, yet I know on descent I couldn't keep the nose up without constant back pressure on the stick. Maybe someone who knows about these things can suggest an alteration to the cfg file settings?

phantomx1
March 12th, 2012, 18:04
I had been planning to see if I couldn't find a way to make the pitch trim adjust more properly but haven't found the time yet.

Using the mfg's website performance specifications that you posted a link to over on the FSX forum and used some searched conversion calculators and arrived at these figures. The mfg's posted numbers in km/h.

.................................................. ............[km/h]....=.... [mph]....=....[knots/h]
*Max not-to-exceed operating speed (Vne)......295......=.......183.....=.......159
*Max level flight speed..................................260......=. ......161.....=.......140
*Max allowed speed with extended flaps...........195......=.......121.....=.......1 05

*Stall speed - Mfg. did not post a stall speed number.

Ahhh Couldn't get my chart to line up but they are squenced right. Sorry!

VPL Paolo Lao
March 12th, 2012, 19:58
Nice plane :applause: but also have the same trim problem, also tried ACM to check the geometry and contact point positions and it was :mixedsmi:.. maybe something needs to be done with the airfile too.

falcon409
March 12th, 2012, 21:16
Nice plane :applause: but also have the same trim problem, also tried ACM to check the geometry and contact point positions and it was :mixedsmi:.. maybe something needs to be done with the airfile too.
I am totally ignorant of FDE work, I'll just put that out there up front, lol. I was going through the aircraft.cfg file yesterday, comparing it to some of his others and found several things that were missing (or at least I think they were things that should be there).
For instance:
There was no [flight_tuning] section and no [electrical] section. Maybe they weren't required, but they seemed to be in every other aircraft config file I looked at. Having said that. . .after adding those two, it still made no difference, lol.

napamule
March 12th, 2012, 21:21
Ok, so here are my FDEs for the Accord201. FS9 and FSX versions. One piston and one turbo-prop (just for fun). Turn off rudder auto-coordination and max the sensitivity on your joy so you can 'sport around' with the turbo version. Add flaps and you can fly around at 50 kts, low and slow. Top speed=Classified (hehe). The Piston version of both is as much 'spec' as I could get it. Take a bigger hammer to it if you want to make changes. Ok by me. The turbo-prop is outrageous. Hope you like.
Chuck B
Napamule

PeteHam
March 12th, 2012, 21:55
Thanks Chuck :applause:

I'll try the FS9 fix later.

Pete.

napamule
March 13th, 2012, 06:09
Pete,
You will be mildly surprised (I hope). The one thing you will like is that there is no need for any pitch trim fiddleing. In fact you don't even need flaps to take off. Hit the throttle, adjust to 85%, and pull back on stick when over 100 kts and you are 'there'. For cruise pitch trim is '-0.2' (can be fixed but left it). For slow flying (50 kts) you will need around '+2.0' of trim, which is par for the course. I flew for hours, all types of flying, including water land (it has floats-just to keep from crashing if it hits 'water') and I did not even touch the pitch trim. Ha! Labor saving FDE's (hehe). And, I almost forgot, it has spoiler so you can 'perform' those 45 kt landings. Otherwise you don't need it. It will do aerobatics (but take it easy on the G's, it's not 'certified' for rough handling). That's it. Go do those impossible bush strip landings with ease.
Chuck B
Napamule

VPL Paolo Lao
March 16th, 2012, 00:40
Thanks Chuck, I will try it later:jump: I'm no expert on FDE too.

napamule
March 16th, 2012, 09:23
Paolo,
Ha ha. No need to be any kind of 'expert' to USE the 'FDE' (Flight Dynamics Edits). In other words, 'edits', or changes, were made to aircraft.cfg and/or xxx.air files to improve dynamics, and thus, 'handling', of the aircraft. The 'FDE' consists of the aircraft.cfg and the XXX.air files. You rename, or move, your 'old' cfg and air files and put in the 'new' cfg and air file. Then fire up the sim, and go fly. That simple. No other edits are required. The zip download has the 'new' cfg and air file ready to use.
Chuck B
Napamule

Sunny9850
March 17th, 2012, 10:58
Got to hand it to Ito..he truly lets us feel like test pilots with his creations. This one is no exception...visually stunning and down right scary to fly.
The first flight took place with unspecified engines made behind the "iron curtain" of both rotary and recip designs.
But these were later changed out for internationally licensed Continental IO-360s of 210 Hp.
So a sound set made up of a pair of C-172 engines would probably be a close enough fit. Of course the model still has 6 exhaust ports...so we could just figure that it is powered by two IO-540 from Lycoming and set it up for 2x 300Hp ....

I'll plug in Napamules new FDE ...it sounds like it might already reduce the need for plenty of towels to wipe the sweat of ones brow trying to survive a flight

:icon_lol:

Cheers
Stefan

falcon409
March 17th, 2012, 23:01
Got to hand it to Ito..he truly lets us feel like test pilots with his creations. This one is no exception...visually stunning and down right scary to fly.
The first flight took place with unspecified engines made behind the "iron curtain" of both rotary and recip designs.
But these were later changed out for internationally licensed Continental IO-360s of 210 Hp.
So a sound set made up of a pair of C-172 engines would probably be a close enough fit. Of course the model still has 6 exhaust ports...so we could just figure that it is powered by two IO-540 from Lycoming and set it up for 2x 300Hp ....

I'll plug in Napamules new FDE ...it sounds like it might already reduce the need for plenty of towels to wipe the sweat of ones brow trying to survive a flight

:icon_lol:

Cheers
Stefan

lol, Amen, I'm using the tamer of the two FDE's in FSX and flying around to some of the scenery I did for a guy in Argentina. Flying from a field that was sitting at 5000' and then my next stop was over the Andes at 13,000 feet. I had to do some zig-zagging to keep the airspeed at a flyable level and leaning the mixture back was a bit of a trick as I normally watch the mixture control movement to gauge how far back I'm coming but Ito didn't include that. . . .I WILL be adding a pop-up with the throttle and mixture controls, lol.

I do have a question for Chuck. . . .prior to adding your FDE's the aircraft cruised at a pretty rock steady pace, however now I get a vibration in the VC that continues through almost the entire rpm range. It's only when it's almost at an idle that the vibration goes away. Is that part of your enhancement?

NOTE: I would like to add that prior to Chuck's FDE work there was very little change in engine sounds with the throttle movement. The mixture was easier to monitor this time because even though I couldn't see the mixture controls the engine sounds are so much better that I just listened to them to gauge where the best setting was. . .thanks Chuck!!

napamule
March 18th, 2012, 13:22
No. That shaking was not MEANT to be part of my 'enhancement' (hehe). I looked and the MOI's are OBVIOUSLY not enough. The correct values should be AT LEAST:
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 42800.000 //21400.0
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 22650.000 // 1137.0
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 82360.000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.000
The pitch moi of 21400.0 is too low and the 1137.0 for roll was also too low. Sorry about that. Did not try it but I bet that is going to be it. My first mistake of the year (ha). And I am glad you like the fde's (improved by not 'enhanced'-haha). By the way, the 'tame' version is the PISTON engines and the Full-Blown version is the Turbo-Prop engines (with 'no limit'). AND--for high alt flying please DO take the Turbo-Prop version next time. More better.
Chuck B
Napamule

falcon409
March 18th, 2012, 14:56
No. That shaking was not MEANT to be part of my 'enhancement' (hehe). I looked and the MOI's are OBVIOUSLY not enough. The correct values should be AT LEAST:
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 42800.000 //21400.0
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 22650.000 // 1137.0
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 82360.000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.000
The pitch moi of 21400.0 is too low and the 1137.0 for roll was also too low. Sorry about that. Did not try it but I bet that is going to be it. My first mistake of the year (ha). And I am glad you like the fde's (improved by not 'enhanced'-haha). By the way, the 'tame' version is the PISTON engines and the Full-Blown version is the Turbo-Prop engines (with 'no limit'). AND--for high alt flying please DO take the Turbo-Prop version next time. More better.
Chuck B
Napamule
Great, thank you. . .yea I should have converted to the turbo before trying that climb, I was bitin' my nails on that one because even with the mixture leaned out I was still very close to not making it. Had to do some creative airmanship to milk a few extra feet of altitude, lol.:salute:

napamule
March 18th, 2012, 17:07
falcon409,
(I forgot your name...). On looking at the FSX piston engine cfg I find the MOI's even worse. You didn't use the 'FSX' cfg & air in 'FS9', did you? Anyway, here is the fix.

(Before/Original):
empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 1400.0
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 1137.0
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 2360.0
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.0

(After/Tweaked):
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 41400.000 //1400.0
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 21137.000 //1137.0
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 82360.000 //2360.0
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.0000

2 things tell me I did not 'adjust' or tweak this section. (1). the '=' sign has a SPACE after 'MOI' (I always correct this) and (2). the value ends in 'xxx.0' and I always correct this to 'xxx.000' (3 zeros, and NOT 1 or 6 zeros). This way I know I 'touched' that section. Always. So I did not tweak or change the values. Sliped by me. Senior moment. Oh, you can use the previous posted MOI's, as an increase to a value HIGHER is all that is required to fix. Not critical. But, too high MOI's make it handle 'heavy', that's all.
Chuck B
Napamule