PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a scenery object.

rdaniell
March 6th, 2012, 14:08
:running:I'm looking for a four wheeler I can place in one of my scenery enhancements. I already have a red tractor but need the four wheeler.

Thanks.

Romeo-Delta

rdaniell
March 8th, 2012, 02:31
OK....anybody interested in doing one for the community?

jdhaenens
March 8th, 2012, 06:35
There is at least one in the acceleration vehicle library.

Jim

rdaniell
March 8th, 2012, 08:27
There is at least one in the acceleration vehicle library. Jim

Thanks. I'll try to find it and then see if I can make a static object.

Dimus
March 8th, 2012, 12:20
Out of curiosity, I tried to find the 4-wheeler in the Accel objects but could not locate any. There are several tractors, cars and a motorbike but no 4 wheeler.

Last year I made this lawnmower for my Ikaros airport scenery out of pictures of the real thing.

I guess it would not be too hard to make one if you have some good pictures, preferably side views and elevations so that they can also be used for texturing.

Just pm me with some details and I'll do my best. I like the idea as I may also use such a vehicle in a grass field I'm making.

rdaniell
March 8th, 2012, 12:28
Out of curiosity, I tried to find the 4-wheeler in the Accel objects but could not locate any. There are several tractors, cars and a motorbike but no 4 wheeler.

Last year I made this lawnmower for my Ikaros airport scenery out of pictures of the real thing.

I guess it would not be too hard to make one if you have some good pictures, preferably side views and elevations so that they can also be used for texturing.

Just pm me with some details and I'll do my best. I like the idea as I may also use such a vehicle in a grass field I'm making.

I couldn't find one there either. I'll do a web search for some views, etc. Thank you.

Romeo-Delta

rdaniell
March 8th, 2012, 12:40
Here's some photos.....

nio
March 8th, 2012, 13:19
Hey Dimus

Looking at rdaniells shots, your lawnmower is not far off already.

Best

nio

jdhaenens
March 8th, 2012, 17:44
My bad. I thought you meant four wheel drive, and was thinking of the Land Rover type vehicle from the safari missions.

Dimus
March 8th, 2012, 22:18
Hey Dimus

Looking at rdaniells shots, your lawnmower is not far off already.

Best

nio

I figured so Nio, that's why I offered.

Those shots are good rdaniell. A bit small but will do. I'll see what I can do, but you'll have to be patient as the times are quite busy.

rdaniell
March 9th, 2012, 03:19
I figured so Nio, that's why I offered. Those shots are good rdaniell. A bit small but will do. I'll see what I can do, but you'll have to be patient as the times are quite busy.

Thanks Dimus. Sorry about the size of the shots but, all of the photos I found were about the same size.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

Dimus
March 11th, 2012, 14:37
Hey rdaniell!

This got me intrigued and I managed to work on it during the weekend. I found some good shots of a Kymco ATV as well as dimensions so I was able to put something together. Here's how it looks on my first attempt to import it in FSX:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2012-03-1200-24-35-28.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2012-03-1200-25-19-91.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2012-03-1200-26-18-03.jpg

I am still playing with the materials and textures and I also have a blue one almost ready. Let me know if this is OK for you or you need any changes.

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 15:53
Dimus, you are to be congratulated. You have come a long way from trying to draw boxes to make some hangars for your first scenery, lol. That's just amazing!!:applause::applause:

rdaniell
March 11th, 2012, 16:14
"I am still playing with the materials and textures and I also have a blue one almost ready. Let me know if this is OK for you or you need any changes."

Dimus, That looks just great to me. I can't think of a thing needing changing. When you're satisfied with them, please upload them here at the Outhouse for everyone to download and install in their favorite scenery.

Thank you for this great contribution to our hobby.

Romeo-Delta

jdhaenens
March 11th, 2012, 16:39
Nice!

Dimus
March 12th, 2012, 09:30
Thanks for the good words guys! Well, I enjoyed it actually. It was a nice distraction, and as I said, I'm going to use it in an upcoming scenery of a grass field in Greece (after I've actually flown there to take pictures).

I just need to find the time to wrap up the package and upload it. I will include the source files for whoever wants to modify it.

rdaniell
March 12th, 2012, 12:30
Thanks for the good words guys! Well, I enjoyed it actually. It was a nice distraction, and as I said, I'm going to use it in an upcoming scenery of a grass field in Greece (after I've actually flown there to take pictures). I just need to find the time to wrap up the package and upload it. I will include the source files for whoever wants to modify it.

I shall look forward to placing it at seveal of my farm strips.

RD

Dimus
March 13th, 2012, 13:30
Both ATVs (red and blue) are now uploaded here at the library. Category: FSX-other. Check the What's new in the library. They will also be on Avsim soon.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2012-03-1322-56-21-09.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2012-03-1322-53-17-53.jpg

rdaniell
March 13th, 2012, 14:23
Thanks Dimus. Just downloaded them. Screenshot posted over on the Library page.

Romeo-Delta