PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie ever made.

demorier
March 6th, 2012, 01:53
Hired this late movie out of the dvd shop today "Locked Down". What an trashy waste of film based on this 'ultimate fighter' stuff.

rpjkw
March 6th, 2012, 14:53
You mean it's worse than Howard The Duck? No way. Even my 8 YO (at the time) said it sucked. And HE wanted to see it.

Bob

norab
March 6th, 2012, 15:33
you want stinkeroo bad, try "Blades" a "Jaws" rip off set on a country club with a killer lawn mower being hunted down :barf:

MaskRider
March 6th, 2012, 15:38
Any and all "Harry Potter"movies. No exceptions.

BurningBeard
March 6th, 2012, 15:56
The one I hated the most was "Sophie's Choice" a whiney diatribe that ran more than three hours when the Twilight Zone ran an episode with the same plot and wrapped it up it 30 minutes with commercials.

Beard

gigabyte
March 6th, 2012, 16:41
Notebook - NUFF SAID!

Tako_Kichi
March 6th, 2012, 17:26
Any and all "Harry Potter"movies. No exceptions.
I guess that's a matter of taste/opinion as I have every HP book and every HP movie on DVD and I have read/watched them many times over. I'm on my 9th or 10th time of going through all the books as I read them in bed at night and as soon as I've finished the last book I start again with the first.

MaskRider
March 6th, 2012, 18:45
I guess that's a matter of taste/opinion

Aye. That it is.

paiken
March 6th, 2012, 18:59
Some real stinkers have been mentioned here, but no one has mentioned the penultimate bad movie. So bad it's good...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Bela Lugosi died during production, but Ed Wood decided to use a body double and some screen test footage to create this epic. Add in Vampira and you have what was dubbed "the worst movie ever made" in 1980. A true classic. I have a reproduction of the original movie poster, as well as the movie itself on VHS. You can also find it at http://www.solie.org/ClassicTV/Horror_Plan9fromOuterSpace1959.html

TARPSBird
March 6th, 2012, 19:38
"The Green Slime" (1968). Saw it with a buddy at the NAS Miramar base theater. We regretted wasting our time when we could have been at the enlisted club drinking. :icon_lol:

wombat666
March 6th, 2012, 20:31
"GRINDHOUSE PLANET TERROR 2007".
Why in this day and age do people turn out such absolute CRAP!
:banghead::banghead:

demorier
March 6th, 2012, 20:41
Plan 9 From Outer Space

Yep...looks like a ripping pile of s*** to....the aeroplane cockpit scene was a beauty.

Dain Arns
March 6th, 2012, 21:43
"Plan 9" is actually so bad it's entertaining. Ed Wood movies usually are.

"Manos, the Hands of Fate" is actually painful to watch for me, even after given the "MST:3K' treatment.
All dubbed and filmed just slightly out of focus with no coherent plot.
It get's my nomination for Worst Movie, with "Santa Clause Vs. The Martians" a close second. :icon_lol:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sDFpw9Neqxs?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

Astoroth
March 6th, 2012, 23:07
"The Prey"

It's whole preview was one screen with the words "It isn't human, and it has an Axe!"

And, that about summed up the entire movie....blech!

Gdavis101
March 6th, 2012, 23:11
How about Solaris with George Clooney? That was one of the most boring movies he had ever done, but yet again most of the movies he does anymore are boring... And I like the guy! It amazes me to see how many stupid movies actually get made and then crammed down our throats. I haven't seen anything in the last year except for Super 8 that I have wanted to add to my library, save a lot of money this last year!

Oh and don't let me forget to mention Rescue Dawn with Christian Bale, the airplane sequence was so ******* corny and the acting throughout the rest of the movie was laughable! Ruined me for the Batman movies.

Ferry_vO
March 7th, 2012, 02:01
The worst one I've seen lately is 2010: Moby Dick: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1694508/

It features Barry Bostwick (The mayor from Spin City) as Ahab, a submarine commander who steals a nuclear submarine to hunt down a 300 feet long whale that took his leg many years before. Terrible acting, crappy CGI and forced-in quotes from the original book. Herman Melville is turning in his grave....

AndyG43
March 7th, 2012, 03:03
How about Solaris with George Clooney?

Some might say thoughtful & contemplative; actually, I preferred Tarkovskiy's original, and Lem's novel even more.

Worst movie ever made? Anything with Adam Sandler in it.

brad kaste
March 7th, 2012, 06:38
Speaking of George Clooney,....he's possibly made some of the best and worst films. 'Oh Brother, Were Art Thou?' and 'The Perfect Storm' being a few of his best,...while 'Burn After Reading' being on the bottom of the heap. While watching this turkey one couldn't wait for it to be over. Only thinking it might improve. It didn't. Definitely a case of where Clooney took the money and ran. The Cohen Bros. directed it which they too are guilty of making some great movies.....and some real stinkos.

Gdavis101
March 7th, 2012, 11:48
The worst one I've seen lately is 2010: Moby Dick: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1694508/

It features Barry Bostwick (The mayor from Spin City) as Ahab, a submarine commander who steals a nuclear submarine to hunt down a 300 feet long whale that took his leg many years before. Terrible acting, crappy CGI and forced-in quotes from the original book. Herman Melville is turning in his grave....

I keep seeing that on my Blockbuster list of streaming movies, I figured as much.

aeronca1
March 8th, 2012, 07:01
With me it's a tie. Ishtar and Babel are the worst movies I have even tried to watch. I never saw either to completion. Came close with Babel, but didn't make it....

Dain Arns
March 8th, 2012, 11:51
With me it's a tie. Ishtar and Babel are the worst movies I have even tried to watch. I never saw either to completion. Came close with Babel, but didn't make it....

Thanks a lot! I was trying to repress the horrible memory of 'Babel'. :icon_lol:

We rented it one night and turned it off almost immediately.
Never trust a movie critic's opinion anymore after that one.
What they saw in that mess, I don't know. :toilet:

Ferry_vO
March 9th, 2012, 03:47
Thanks a lot! I was trying to repress the horrible memory of 'Babel'. :icon_lol:

This one?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449467/

Seems to get a good rating from the voters!

Of course if you want to see good movies here's a list to start: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

And the ones to avoid: http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

But of course taste is personal; sometimes it can be fun to watch a really bad movie, even if it is just to have a good laugh! :icon_lol:

HouseHobbit
March 9th, 2012, 04:23
This has to be the WORSE Movie of all time..:banghead:
And it has John Wayne in it..
Bummer..:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

The Conqueror, (1956) In ancient times, the Mongolian warlord Temujin must do battle against the rival tribe that killed his father. The battles pale in comparison with Temujin's home life, as he attempts to woo the heart of the red-haired Tartar prisoner

starring John Wayne as Genghis Khan :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
This is SO Bad!!!
:barf:

aeronca1
March 9th, 2012, 07:54
This one?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449467/

Seems to get a good rating from the voters!

Yes, that one. The only reason I almost watched all of it was (lemme check if the wife is monitoring this...) Cate Blanchett....

Dain Arns
March 9th, 2012, 11:15
Yes, that one. The only reason I almost watched all of it was (lemme check if the wife is monitoring this...) Cate Blanchett....

Yup. "Guilty" here too. :icon_lol:

TeaSea
March 9th, 2012, 15:44
The Conqueror...yes, incredibly bad.

However, I give Wayne a break. He was one of those actors who basically stated that he worked to work. He was not a method actor or a prima dona like Brando. He would take any part that paid and he could fit in his schedule. This means he was in some really, really bad films, as well as some outstanding ones.

There are several famous actors who still follow this mantra.....Michael Caine comes to mind.

My question for the forum is what supposedly "great" movies do you think really sucked....

My nomination is "Avatar", seconded by "Titanic". Both Cameron films you note....I don't have anything especially against Cameron, just feel these particular films fell well short of the adulation heaped upon them.

Oh, back to the worst films category, my nomination is "Starship Troopers", for taking a great story, which should have easily translated....and destroying it.

TeaSea
March 9th, 2012, 15:47
Yup. "Guilty" here too. :icon_lol:

Me too.....

I think Cate Blanchett is an incredibly beautiful woman, and getting more so as she ages....she and Lauren Bacall.

RedGreen
March 9th, 2012, 16:14
As far as bad movies go, it's pretty hard to beat Street Fighter: The Movie....

NKVNAlO4uuo

....because while a bad movie is usually just a bump in the road for an actor, history will remember this as Raul Julia's last role. :kilroy:

Cazzie
March 9th, 2012, 16:41
All I can tell you is, the only movie I paid my hard-earned cash to see and walked out on was "Pearl Harbor". QED!

Astoroth
March 9th, 2012, 23:15
Oh, back to the worst films category, my nomination is "Starship Troopers", for taking a great story, which should have easily translated....and destroying it.

Oh My Gawd Yes! The book was awesome, but the movie was downright horrible! complete drivel, only thing worse were the sequels. (My darling wife bought me the 3pack, as she knew I had the book and loved it. I watched all three, just so she wouldn't feel bad.)

norab
March 10th, 2012, 03:56
Oh My Gawd Yes! The book was awesome, but the movie was downright horrible! complete drivel, only thing worse were the sequels. (My darling wife bought me the 3pack, as she knew I had the book and loved it. I watched all three, just so she wouldn't feel bad.)

you are a truly loving husband :salute:

Terry
March 10th, 2012, 13:12
All zombie movies, they seem to be everywhere!

Ark
March 10th, 2012, 15:04
"Attack of the killer tomatoes"

Yossarian1943
March 10th, 2012, 15:42
All zombie movies, they seem to be everywhere!

"Shaun of the dead" was not that bad...:mixedsmi:

demorier
March 10th, 2012, 16:05
On the positive side of things I'm always on the lookout for those 'sleeper' type movies that work well but you don't hear much about because of the absence of big star selling power. Try thriller movie "Ophan", anyone that contemplated adopting a child from a far away place will have second thoughts about it after this one.

ThinkingManNeil
March 11th, 2012, 12:32
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Shatner directed himself freehand climbing a mountain almost as big as his ego. Only Trek film I've been to where other Trek fans in the audience booed.

N.