PDA

View Full Version : Christmas wishing list

vidal
December 22nd, 2008, 01:41
Just a suggestion for aircraft builders (I'm not). I feel that some ww2 aircrafts are still lacking after all these years :
- Me 109 B/C/D
- FW 190 A2 and A6
- Most variants of Do 17
- Bloch 152
And some early jets, too, for dogfighting around Israel, just before the missiles era :
- Hawker Hunter
- MD Ouragan and Mystere IV
- Mig 17

Some could say that I'd rather build these aircraft by myself. But ... I do not know a word about that.

hewman100
December 22nd, 2008, 02:15
I think the Do17 variants missing now are E/F and the nightfighter Zs as thicko has given us a P and the bomber Zs.

There's a Bloch 152 somewhere as well I'm sure.

ian elliot
December 22nd, 2008, 03:18
[QUOTE]And some early jets, too, for dogfighting around Israel, just before the missiles era :
- Hawker Hunter
- MD Ouragan and Mystere IV
- Mig 17

[/QUOTE

You'll find both a Hunter and Mig17 for CFS2 here in the SOH library by Alpha oldies, i did a Jordanian AF repaint for the Hunter :mixedsmi: there's also a dedicated CFS2 Mystere to be found at the main download sites.
cheers ian

OBIO
December 22nd, 2008, 03:19
There is a Block 152 on Simviation.com, by Yvader. Very very nice plane.

The is a Mig-17 for CFS2. It is the AlphaOldies one...I have done an update to it and a good number of skins.

There is also a Hawker Hunter by Alpha Sim that is freeware and I am doing an update to it now. Have a skin template done, 2D panel done, working on VC gauges now. Will be doing a number of skins for it.

I have the green light from JR Lucinary to do a conversion of his Mystere IV to CFS2....had it 75% done but lost it in a system crash. Will have to get around to redoing it. The MD Ouragan has been done for FS2000 or FS2002, but it is not a great model and did not convert well. I have done an update to the Super Mystere B2 by Wim Reeger that was converted to CFS2. Very nice plane.

Take a look through the Alpha Oldies uploads (do a search using the AUTHOR box on the main download page). Lots and lots of jets....most I have done panel sets for...some I am updating now that I know how to add gauges to the VC panels.

OBIO

Rami
December 22nd, 2008, 04:02
Unfortunately, none of the Bloch Mb-152s that exist are multi-lod. :crybaby:

bearcat241
December 22nd, 2008, 06:27
Some could say that I'd rather build these aircraft by myself. But ... I do not know a word about that.

Then be encouraged chief...the builders we still have didn't know a word about it either until they made the effort to learn...all is not lost for you...go get 'em! :wavey:

DauntlessDriver546
December 22nd, 2008, 13:24
I'd like to see the Wildcatfish...

Focke-Wulf Ta.152H
Some two-blade Spitfire Mk.Is,
Panels for the MiG-21
I saw a picture of a P-51 with rocket pods on both wingtips... that would be OUTRAGEOUSLY fun to fly!

Pen32Win
December 22nd, 2008, 13:53
Let's See, my list is pretty short,

B-25C-1 Hard Nose, Pappy Gunn Mod. The Stock one is OK but....
B-25D Glass Nose. ..it sure is dated.

A-20C/Boston III, yes I know about the AlphaSim one, it's as deadly to Frame Rates as it is Beautiful.

A new FPS Friendly Beaufighter.

Bill Kestell
December 22nd, 2008, 14:12
I'll go along with Pen ... we need a set of early B-25's B/C/D to replace the M/S versions. I know we can substitute a "J" for them ... but that's like putting swastikas and crosses or red stars on a P-51 or on a F-84 and pretending. (Yeah ... I know it's a sim and we ARE pretending ... but it just offends me to do that). The A-20 is also a good idea.:isadizzy:

dsawan
December 22nd, 2008, 14:35
i too would like to see the Do-17 variants such as nightfighter and solid nosed strafer variants fictional or not.

Hern07
December 22nd, 2008, 17:25
I'd like to see a ship, the USS Long Island , a converted merchant ship. Should be easy to build, I don't think she even had a island, looked like some of the early RN CVE's. Her only claim to fame was that she ferried the first USMC fighters and dive bombers to Guadalcanal.

gedm
December 22nd, 2008, 17:51
OK...All I want is a new Ki-44 (soon to be realized) thanks Wolfi! and a new Ki-48 Lily. :ernae:

OBIO
December 22nd, 2008, 19:42
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth LOL

and a good F-102, F-106, F-100, F-11, B-36, B-52, and a 67 Nova with a 383 stroker, 4 Speed Muncie M-22 Rock Crusher, 10 inch rear end stuffed with 3:73 gears and some Drag Light Stars....topped off with some shiny red paint. Yeah, the car is my real life Christmas wish...ain't gonna happen, but I can still have a Christmas wish.

Dauntless, check out my uploads for a Mig-21 panel set.

OBIO

Maxstuka
December 23rd, 2008, 15:21
there is a nice MB152C breaking parts!.

I agree in needing a Focke-Wulf Ta.152H , I need a Re2005 in breaking parts!.

me gustaria aprender a hacer aviones, pero se complica mucho que nadie me ayude y teniendo los tutoriales en ingles!:redf:

thicko
December 23rd, 2008, 15:33
I'll be working up the Do-17z Kaus 2 nightfighters very soon, just a few things left to do on my friends Nieuport 28..
Cheers and Merry Christmas
Thicko

Lawdog2360
December 23rd, 2008, 16:34
I like your choice of the stroked 350, OBIO, but I'd go with a Hurst for shifting gears, as the Muncie's I've had experience with all tended to be a bit cantankerous, and I'd go with 4:10 or 4:11 gears out back instead of the 3:73's. What with gas prices so low now, what the hey! :ernae:

Blue Devil
December 23rd, 2008, 16:49
Wish list for CFS2? ...

1. DB Corsair 3D view prop station moved back to front of wing. (to make the prop arc the right size, ...BIG.)

2. OH_Hellcat 3D view extra top windscreen frame member removed.

3. OH_Hellcat "f6f3_hellcat_t.bmp" and "f6f3_hellcat_r.bmp" wing insignia, ...like the ones cobrauk did for the DB Corsair.

peperez
December 23rd, 2008, 16:53
The Yugoslav Do17 version, faster, with the prototype nose and better armed than the German, is lacking.

sc7500
December 23rd, 2008, 17:04
Obie and LawDawg, you guys get Coal.

Try a 1955 Chevy Bel Air / 565ci / T-400 [broke too many Muncies and T-10s] / 4.30:1 ~ 9" Ford Locker / Rear subFramed for 12" Mickeys on Cragars...

And THAT'S just my "Fair Weather Car" !

(You oughta see my Rail]

Mele Kalikimaka to All !!
SC
:kilroy:

OBIO
December 24th, 2008, 00:51
SC

Very nice ride. A neighbor a few years back had two Shoe Boxes....one was a 57 that was restored to original, the other was a 56 with over 650 cubes under the hood. Talk about shaking the pictures off my walls when he fired that thing up two houses down the street.

OBIO

Lawdog2360
December 24th, 2008, 02:54
One of my first hot rods was a '55 tudor post that I built using a 327 that I stripped from a '64 SS Impala. Bought both at the same time in '73 for a grand total of $175.00. But my last toy, and the last few before it, were all MOPARs, the last being a '70 Challenger RT/SE with 4:10 gears run through a 727 tranny, and powered by a mildly worked 440 Magnum.

Oh, and my wish list for CFS2? A new TBF Avenger!

dog1
December 24th, 2008, 05:21
Santa told me i was getting a new Val from Achemie a Claude and Ki44 from Wolfi, another aircraft from bruno lots of new ships from Usioh and lots of airbases from Achim and from me to me i'm getting a FSDS 3.5.Just be patient he said they wont be under the xmas tree tomorrow morning.
dog1

sc7500
December 24th, 2008, 13:43
After a career of driving various Police Specials for a living, I'm not at all surprised that you'd roll a Chrysler, LD. Very Nice car. :applause:

One of my former clients leased his Orange Hemicuda convert to that cop show filmed in San Fran years ago [Nash Bridges]... my company was on retainer to keep the exhaust system and engine ceramics in top shape weekly.

And let's not forget ~ On the Eight Day, God created the Hemi !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obio, there's NO SUCH THING as a totally Silent Night in my new neighborhood... aside from my own intermittent Rumblings, you can hear Sprint Cars, Pull Trucks, and Dirt Modifieds searing the air year round....

What a GREAT state I've retired to !!! :icon_lol:

To all my S-O-H Basement Dwelling Compatriots ~ no matter what you choose to make your life interesting [Planes / Boats / Cars / Comps /Kids / Pets], May you all enjoy a Safe and Happy Holiday !

SC

Hern07
December 24th, 2008, 18:36
Had a '53 Studebaker once, one of the prettiest cars ever build (especially for the early50s)

sc7500
December 24th, 2008, 20:22
Hern, you're a man who can appreciate this next photo...

A little something *I* got in the Divorce last year....

SC

Lawdog2360
December 25th, 2008, 02:32
Is that a Silver Hawk, by any chance?

sc7500
December 25th, 2008, 14:44
Sadly... NO, LD ~ It's a 1954 Studebaker Commander.

In "better times" (1991), my ex and I bought it to clean up for her to drive to car shows and around town. Got it from the original owner's granddaughter after he died. $3500.00 cash, and she drove it home.

It's completely stock, except for a 1965 white tuck and roll interior... V-8, 3 speed OverDrive, even the original tires and wheels [it has < 30K on the Odometer...].

Well, she lost interest, and the car languished on stands while I went racing, opened a business, blah blah....

After the divorce, she decided that she didn't want it. I bought it back for the same price and had it transported to my new shop here in Iowa.

Best to all ! :wavey:

SC

PS ~ Just for general info... I bought that '55 from the original owner in 1970 for $500.00..... she, in turn, went out and paid ca$h for a HemiCuda !!

Synchronicity /serendipity or what, eh ? ...... After the '55 gets an overdrive-ectomy and EFI in mid-'09, the Stude is slated for some minor cosmetic work and a clean-up... lots of rod runs here in the MidWest !