PDA

View Full Version : How to make a new mission builder

gaw
March 2nd, 2012, 12:43
somehow my mb for ETO is buggered.....tells me dll's are missing....and yet I see they're in the main folder. Anybody got a detailed to-do list about how to make MB work in different iterations of CFS3???? I have the vaguest memory of a thread to this point back in the Paleolithic era....but my memory cells are of the same vintage.......Thanks....gaw

gaw
March 2nd, 2012, 14:28
ANYBODY??

HouseHobbit
March 2nd, 2012, 14:35
I haven't got a clue..:banghead:

I can send all my Working files to you and see if they can be used to repair your ETO expansion..
Have never had my mission Builder do this..
All new to me..
I just finished doing my yearly reload of ETO 1.40 w/hotfix
Moved all the add-ons from everyone's work to the ETO (1.40)Advanced set up I have..:applause:

So I know all the files in ETO 1.40 stock are fresh and newly loaded..
The many versions of this do require very specific Pathway set up for the Mission Builders(Shortcut) all to work correctly..

Tailwind
March 2nd, 2012, 15:50
Hello

For ETO the MB.exe is listed as per below

Do a properties on it. If you have a stock install it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\mb\mb.exe"

Start in should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\"

If you try and run the mission builder from the MB.exe in the MB folder it will fail with a missing .dll error. You must run it from the one in the picture. You can send it to desktop as short cut.

Cheers

TW

ndicki
March 2nd, 2012, 23:42
Tailwind has pretty well got it. You need to link to the shortcut icon in CFS3/root, NOT to the exe in CFS3/MB. Copy and paste the MB icon from any other install you have, into the install where it isn't working. Make sure the install where it isn't working does actually contain the MB folder and its contents! Once you've done that, open the properties dialogue for your new icon and CAREFULLY change the entries. Be careful to respect tags and spaces, because simply browsing for the target doesn't work - you'll need to do it by entering the new name by hand.

gaw
March 3rd, 2012, 03:56
thank you gents!!!