PDA

View Full Version : FSX Muliplayer issue

cputters
February 29th, 2012, 21:22
Hi guys

I'm having a multiplayer issue with FSX where the other's I'm online with disappear at 0.2nm. I see that this would be a distance setting and possibly even as simple as a slider. However, I have man eyes and can't see it anywhere for the life of me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

fsxar177
February 29th, 2012, 21:40
Hi,
It's determined by a value in the fsx.cfg file. It's the value for SmallPartRejectRadius= , default is 4, I think. Regardless, try SmallPartRejectRadius=1

Good-luck!
Joseph

cputters
March 1st, 2012, 02:30
Thanks mate

I'll give it a shot

Reddog
March 1st, 2012, 05:31
Hi,
It's determined by a value in the fsx.cfg file. It's the value for SmallPartRejectRadius= , default is 4, I think. Regardless, try SmallPartRejectRadius=1

Good-luck!
Joseph

Hi Just checked my FSX cfg file and that line is not in it that I could see. Were should it be and can I just add it in or is that a no no.

Astoroth
March 1st, 2012, 12:01
Just checked mine, and it's in the SCENERY section. Don't think it would be a problem for you to just add it in.

[SCENERY]
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3
LENSFLARE=0
MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3
SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0

fsxar177
March 1st, 2012, 12:24
Yes, as mentioned, it's under [scenery], and if it isn't there, add it.

Joseph

SeanTK
March 1st, 2012, 12:35
Would this affect the ability to see AI traffic over longer ranges?
It's not entirely necessary, but sometimes in cruise flight, I'll see the lights of a distant AI aircraft, and upon zooming in, the visual model is too far out of range, so you just see floating lights.
Really no big deal, but it could be interesting.

fsxar177
March 1st, 2012, 12:50
Sean,
Yes, this is the same value for AI. Essentially, FSX treats multiplayer almost the same as it does AI.

Joseph