PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous hackers arrested

aeromed202
February 29th, 2012, 08:05
Looks like the good guys might have bagged some trash:applause: I can't print what I'd do to these snotty vermin but I'd sure make certain that it was well publicized as a warning to the rest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17195893

arfyhun
February 29th, 2012, 11:53
'Amen' to that sentiment.

Graham Sullivan.

Allen
February 29th, 2012, 12:50
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Keep that in mind before you think this is good.

Also this just PR. Ffor evey one that get at lest 10 more are out there.

Bone
February 29th, 2012, 13:24
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Keep that in mind before you think this is good.

I'm not so sure hackers, who in most cases are just malicious by nature, could ever be considered "freedom Fighters" in any stretch of the imagination, even ones who protest the lack of internet openness in certain countries. Tyranny, oppression, and egregious human rights abuse...normally the purview of freedom fighters....doesn't really carry over into "my country blocks everyones access to www.whatever.wtf (http://www.whatever.wtf)". It just isn't the same as mass graves and gulags. :)

hey_moe
February 29th, 2012, 15:46
Yeah,they freedom fighter alright. Someone needs to go back and do some reading again.Hacking only cost someone else and cost millions to correct.To keep our site hack free takes a huge amount of time. Ron has to watch everything to keep these a-hole hackers out of here.

Allen
February 29th, 2012, 16:21
Yeah,they freedom fighter alright. Someone needs to go back and do some reading again.Hacking only cost someone else and cost millions to correct.To keep our site hack free takes a huge amount of time. Ron has to watch everything to keep these a-hole hackers out of here.

By your logic "evey hacker only cost someone else" is just like saying evey person alive at the time of the holocaust is responsible for it.

When Anonymous went on the attack over wikileaks they took my Cred Card number from Amazon but you don't see me crying over it years later. A Little Rebellion Now and Then Is A Good Thing. Anonymous don't give really give a flying fark about SOH. They have much bigger fish to fry.

Dangerousdave26
February 29th, 2012, 16:51
By your logic "evey hacker only cost someone else" is just like saying evey person alive at the time of the holocaust is responsible for it.

When Anonymous went on the attack over wikileaks they took my Cred Card number from Amazon but you don't see me crying over it years later. A Little Rebellion Now and Then Is A Good Thing. Anonymous don't give really give a flying fark about SOH. They have much bigger fish to fry.

You are going to lose this one back away from the keyboard. No matter what kind of mask a hacker puts on there is nothing good behind it. Daily there is someone... No more than someone trying to hack into this site by whatever means they can.

Anonymous is just more of that same lot and a little bit at a time one by one they will be caught and brought to justice and their life's work will not mean anything afterwards. Nothing that they affect now will be changed just inconvenienced fir a short while I would not call their work a rebellion.

Allen
February 29th, 2012, 17:34
Not evey hacker is a bad one.

Who is trying hack into SOH is A: some one that got pissed off at SOH or B some one look for info to sell. When the real Anonymous show up they come with weapons that send multi million dollar corporations off line like BofA, Citi Bank, eBay Paypal and Amazon. There hacking skills can break into the FBI, CIA, NSA and leave the best private security contractors that work with them wiped out.

"No matter what kind of mask a hacker puts on there is nothing good behind it." You better look around. SOH is full of hackers but we hack games. Microsoft could take this place wiped out and prosecute every one of us for messing with there game.

SPman
February 29th, 2012, 17:38
I support "anonymous". It is war, whether people want to believe it or not, and they are at the forefront!
All I'll say.

Bone
February 29th, 2012, 18:24

1. Sorry, it isn't. Bad analogy, and as analogies go it doesn't even make sense. A two month old baby wouldn't be capable of being cognizant of such a thing, for starters. I can think of another 20 or so holes in your anaolgy just off the top of my head.

When Anonymous went on the attack over wikileaks they took my Cred Card number from Amazon but you don't see me crying over it years later.

2. So, you've been a victim of a Hacker, but you sloughed it off as no big deal, and even maintain a defence of the Hacking principles. OK, then they should ***** with you and leave the rest of us alone. I'm good with that, lol, but you'd soon change how you feel about hackers. Trust me. :)

A Little Rebellion Now and Then Is A Good Thing.

3. OK, you have me there. A little rebellion IS good once in a while. I've rebelled countless times. But I've never broken into someones house/car/whatever. I haven't made an intrusion or trespassed on them in a way that they feel vulnerable and become untrusting...or cost them alot of $$$$$.

Every Hacker breaks into somewhere they don't belong, and if they don't do anything malicious while they're there, they've still broken in to somewhere they aren't wanted. That makes it an intrusion/trespass, and is damaging in it's own right. You've already told a few people in this thread to not forget something, but you seem to be forgetting that Hacking is a crime, therefore Hackers are criminals.

Anonymous don't give really give a flying fark about SOH. They have much bigger fish to fry.

4. Is this statement supposed to validate Anonymous and his/her damaging and unlawfull business practices, or insult the crew who keep SOH running, by in effect calling them abunch of nobody's? And, by frying fish, I suppose you mean Anonymous has bigger things to ruin and ***** up.

OK, I understand that probably much of the way you feel (as well as the other guy in this thread who supports Anonymous) has more to do with challenging big business than it does with hacking. Hacking is just the means to and end. OK, there are many aspects of big business that I don't like either..like upper management using a publicly held corporation as their own personal piggy bank, while mistreating the people who work there. Yep. That sh*t annoys me. But, Hackers suck. For arguments sake, we'll call Anonymous a Good Guy, and remove him from the equation...Hackers still suck.

Gotta go. Ciao.

CWOJackson
February 29th, 2012, 18:35
Every time I've got to jump through ridiculous hops to install a new addon I take a moment to thank Anonymous and their ilk.

magoo
February 29th, 2012, 18:53
....Oooohhhh.....argument...philosophy...counter-philosophy.....arrghhh....I feel weak....logic...rationale...emotion...fact...smoke ...mirror...ideology...urrrghhh...error..errorr... CIA...KGB....errorr....

...Moderators...qiuckly...shut it down...lock it up......

...I feel my sweaty fingers slipping towards the keyboard....ARRRGHHHH......

hot knife.....butter....bullwhip of words......noooo....

Don't do it Magoo....Don't do it, MAGOO...!!!!

....gasp....Mods....quick....the lock!......

errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror errorerrorerrorerrorerrorerror

Allen
February 29th, 2012, 22:17
1. Sorry, it isn't. Bad analogy, and as analogies go it doesn't even make sense. A two month old baby wouldn't be capable of being cognizant of such a thing, for starters. I can think of another 20 or so holes in your anaolgy just off the top of my head.

2. So, you've been a victim of a Hacker, but you sloughed it off as no big deal, and even maintain a defence of the Hacking principles. OK, then they should ***** with you and leave the rest of us alone. I'm good with that, lol, but you'd soon change how you feel about hackers. Trust me. :)

3. OK, you have me there. A little rebellion IS good once in a while. I've rebelled countless times. But I've never broken into someones house/car/whatever. I haven't made an intrusion or trespassed on them in a way that they feel vulnerable and become untrusting...or cost them alot of $$$$$.

Every Hacker breaks into somewhere they don't belong, and if they don't do anything malicious while they're there, they've still broken in to somewhere they aren't wanted. That makes it an intrusion/trespass, and is damaging in it's own right. You've already told a few people in this thread to not forget something, but you seem to be forgetting that Hacking is a crime, therefore Hackers are criminals.

4. Is this statement supposed to validate Anonymous and his/her damaging and unlawfull business practices, or insult the crew who keep SOH running, by in effect calling them abunch of nobody's? And, by frying fish, I suppose you mean Anonymous has bigger things to ruin and ***** up.

OK, I understand that probably much of the way you feel (as well as the other guy in this thread who supports Anonymous) has more to do with challenging big business than it does with hacking. Hacking is just the means to and end. OK, there are many aspects of big business that I don't like either..like upper management using a publicly held corporation as their own personal piggy bank, while mistreating the people who work there. Yep. That sh*t annoys me. But, Hackers suck. For arguments sake, we'll call Anonymous a Good Guy, and remove him from the equation...Hackers still suck.

Gotta go. Ciao.

1. My bad analogy has just as many holes as broad definition of "Hacker" as he had it laid out. Here something better. It like saying all guns are bad.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
2. Yeah I'm victim but they only got 200 or so and I had back in 3 days. I consider it a small prob. Give the numbers of people that attacked BofA, Citi Bank, eBay Paypal and Amazon I'm surprised that the number of cards number taken was so small. Not every one in Anonymous wants to steal your money. For many it the challenge (See PS3 Hacking) or the cause (exposing corrupt government or companies). <o:p></o:p>
3. Exposing governments that hide info and repress there people is fine by me. Even if it has to be done by malicious means. This is the first time that people around the world can rebel against a repressive government and those that help them from any were. You can also add in big business like banks that have lied and cheated there way into “free money” at the expensive of working class. Anonymous exposes them too.<o:p></o:p>
4. The real Anonymous wouldn’t want to attack SOH. It would be like dropping a nuke on one man with pistol. We have almost nothing that they want. We are not a corrupt government or company nor do we help either of them. We have next to no money to steal. A small time hacker may want into SOH for the vast number of emails it has on file but any place that has an active fourm is at that risk.
The crew who keeps SOH running does good work. I’m NOT insulting the crew who keep SOH running. Almost my entire chart membership starting in 2010 I never had a Flight Sim installed. I only put CFS2 this month since B24 Guy finally put out his Overhaul B-24D. I gave money to only to be on the forums. I never download or uploaded a single plane tell this month. I want nothing bad to happen to SOH but the truth is the hackers arrested in the first link are not the ones that attack SOH. They were attacking repressive/corrupt governments or companies.

wombat666
February 29th, 2012, 22:53
Allen, you're sailing very close to the 'Political' line.
This discussion is not going to go anywhere but down at this rate.

:kilroy:

AndyG43
March 1st, 2012, 01:19
Wombat, could it be a good idea to have a "no comments about hackers" rule?

Ickie
March 1st, 2012, 05:00
hackers did not learn their skills yesterday when they woke up and decided to be a good hacker. They honed their skills by trying to hack anyone, fair game they call it. Most of SOH users will agree, they should be locked up, it is a crime to invade me/you. Now stop trying to make an absurd comparison to events in history.
Now go sit in the corner and think about it.