PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr Shupe I hope For A Lockheed Loadstar Model 14

casey jones
February 28th, 2012, 12:21
Dear Mr Shupe,

I am sure you are getting requests from our good people here, but when I saw you may build a Lockheed Loastar Model Super 14 I was estatic! I could only envision in my dreams the wonderdul Loadstar Super 14 and flying down to South America in 1941 with Ernist K. Gahnn. Or taking off on a very warm night in a Lockheed A-28 Attack Bomber from Miami in Jan 30 1942 with Lt Col Leo Dawson USAAF in command of 18 other A-28 Bombers...our destination China to form the 10th Air Force. Thank you for your wonderful work.

Casey:salute:

Volker Böhme
February 28th, 2012, 21:02
Hi,

actually, the L-14 was named 'Super Electra', while the 'Lodestar' was the L-18. The L-18 was a slightly improved developement, with a fuselage stretch for another row of seats, some changes to the wings to reduce flap buffeting and the tailplane located a bit higher. Off hand, I think E. K. Gann flew L-18's into South America.

The Ventura is a L-18 patrol bomber variant, while the Hudson is based on the L-14. The Harpoon is basically a Ventura with a new wing.

Best regards,
Volker

AussieMan
February 28th, 2012, 21:50
Can't find it at the moment but there is a thread called "A lockheed Rounder" dealing with some lockheed being built by the Milton Sjupe team.

PeteHam
February 28th, 2012, 21:59
Can't find it at the moment but there is a thread called "A lockheed Rounder" dealing with some lockheed being built by the Milton Sjupe team.

Here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?60836-A-Lockheed-Rounder

Pete.

Francois
February 28th, 2012, 23:14
Dear Mr Shupe,

I am sure you are getting requests from our good people here, but when I saw you may build a Lockheed Loastar Model Super 14 I was estatic! I could only envision in my dreams the wonderdul Loadstar Super 14 and flying down to South America in 1941 with Ernist K. Gahnn. Or taking off on a very warm night in a Lockheed A-28 Attack Bomber from Miami in Jan 30 1942 with Lt Col Leo Dawson USAAF in command of 18 other A-28 Bombers...our destination China to form the 10th Air Force. Thank you for your wonderful work.

Not mr. Shupe, and not the 18, but maybe the 14 will peak your interest as well? Available in a few months from now hopefully, in both military and civilian versions.

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?p=1918

:wavey:

Milton Shupe
February 29th, 2012, 04:04
Dear Mr Shupe,

Hello Casey. Thank you for your interest. In this project I hope to complete the Lockheed Harpoon in two versions, the C and D models. I will then move on to the Lockheed Lodestar for both a military and civilian version.

Hi,

actually, the L-14 was named 'Super Electra', while the 'Lodestar' was the L-18. The L-18 was a slightly improved developement, with a fuselage stretch for another row of seats, some changes to the wings to reduce flap buffeting and the tailplane located a bit higher. Off hand, I think E. K. Gann flew L-18's into South America.

The Ventura is a L-18 patrol bomber variant, while the Hudson is based on the L-14. The Harpoon is basically a Ventura with a new wing.

Best regards,
Volker

Thanks for the keeping us all straight Volker. I would add that the Harpoon had improved vertical stabs and rudders for better control.

Not mr. Shupe, and not the 18, but maybe the 14 will peak your interest as well? Available in a few months from now hopefully, in both military and civilian versions.

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?p=1918

:wavey:

You just can't have too many L-14's or Hudsons around Francois. It's also why my focus is restricted to the L-18. :wavey: