PDA

View Full Version : Still getting blurries on pack 3 of Virtavia freeware F4''s

ian elliot
February 28th, 2012, 06:17
When Wild Bill released his Luftwaffe repaints for the RF4 model, he recomended replacing the "BLANKS.bmp" from his repaints into other texture sets, although his repaints work fine, and Duckie's also, im still getting the blurs from the other models in that pack, even after including his updated BLANKS texture,
has anyone got any fix's or ideas for this, cheers ian

Sunny9850
February 28th, 2012, 06:40
Run the textures through DXTBmp and make sure they are saved without MipMaps.
If that doesn't cure the problem e next option is to use lower resolution file formats. You will lose some of the definition in the final product but make it easier for the sim to run the aircraft.

Cheers
Stefan

aeromed202
February 28th, 2012, 10:10
When I had blurries on certain AC textures, turns out my graphics drivers had been updated or something. The set on the CD that came with the card still work the best so after reinstalling those things were back to normal. Just my 0.02 cents.

ian elliot
February 28th, 2012, 10:33
Hi Stefan, had a look at stock textures with DXTBmp, and every texture's at Mip level 1, if ive check'd right :icon_lol:, not sure if i want to resize all tex's just yet, its probably just one texture that causing the prob, if i get a bit of spare time later, i'll check one off Markus's version with a stocker to see what the differance is,
cheers ian

vonernsk
February 28th, 2012, 11:40
Ian,
I found that the prob was caused by the DXT1 files or using a mix of 16 bit and 32 bit textures. Using DXTBmp, I convert any DXT 1 files to either DXT3 files or, what I prefer, the 'full fat' Extended 32 bit 888-8 textures, which on my rig are great and actually improve FPS.
Hope this helps.
Mal

ian elliot
February 28th, 2012, 12:04
Thanks Mal, i'll try that :wavey:
cheers ian

ian elliot
February 29th, 2012, 06:38
Mal's advice work'd for me. there's 8 textures-----

air vent back.bmp
BLANKS.bmp
blanks2.bmp
blanks3.bmp
chute.bmp
external frame.bmp
FLAP BLANKS.bmp
gear door blanks.bmp

i converted these from DXT1 to DXT3, and so far, ive had no blurries from my pack 3 F-4'S, maybe i'll try the 888-8 tip later but for now im flying, thanks guys :wavey:
cheers ian