PDA

View Full Version : problem with TrackIR

Daveroo
December 21st, 2008, 09:22
hey all,

i installed the lastest drivers for trackir4pro...now the "heads" wont work..and i cant get it to work in fs9 at all...ive had this problem for a few days but im not sure i can explaine whats happening..so i was reluctant to post...can some one maybe try n help?...

when i "test"..it shows the three dots in the one screen and it follows my head/hat/..but i switch the the "heads" screen and they just sit there.. hit F12 and nothing...any an ALL advise will be followed...please help dave

Desert Rat
December 21st, 2008, 10:11
I'm sitting on 4.1.036, the latest, and all is tickety-boo. Have you maybe changed the profile for FS inadvertantly, or do you have an updated/modified language.dll? The later can stop it working as GW3 and SW users will know.

Jamie

Daveroo
December 21st, 2008, 12:03
I'm sitting on 4.1.036, the latest, and all is tickety-boo. Have you maybe changed the profile for FS inadvertantly, or do you have an updated/modified language.dll? The later can stop it working as GW3 and SW users will know.

Jamie
maybe you can help me with the profile part?...i left it on default flight....maybe i should set it to the 2004 in the upper box? i just dont know what to do with that...and i have absolutly no clue about the language.dll...where do i look for this?...and how do i correct it?

thanks

Desert Rat
December 21st, 2008, 12:16
Mine is on the same profile as yours. Never changed it either, just got mine about a week ago, so I'm new to it too :d

As for the dll, unless you knowingly changed it, it should be okay I think. Golden wings and silverwings used updated language.dll files so they called themselves the right thing, not Flight Simulator 9. I dunno of anything else that changes that file, I just discovered this by digging into why it wouldn't work in Golden/Silver wings. You could hunt down the default file from the discs, might be in a cab file.

It is odd that the heads don't work but it tracks the lights fine. Sorry, other than that I'm stumped.

Jamie