PDA

View Full Version : Couple of skins for A2A P 40.

gradyhappyg
February 23rd, 2012, 21:51
The Tin Indian actually a P40 N flown out of Italy in June 1943 but in this case a P40C cause thats what we have.

And Chinos P40 with a crazy idea about a clean one and a dirty one so as the accusim takes it's toll it can look the part updated with the proper red spinner of course.

rwmarth
February 23rd, 2012, 22:44
Olive drab and shark mouth always a good combo!

gradyhappyg
February 26th, 2012, 22:57
And how bout this one still very much a WIP.
Highlighting my poor artist skills.
BTW can anyone recomend a good mouse one that is smooth and accurate?
Mine is too herky jerky for any freehand drawing.

SabreAce
February 27th, 2012, 04:33
"Poor artist skills"? I certainly don't see any of those. I see an excellent skin that I'd be happy to slap on a P-40 any day of the week. :) Well done, gradyhappyg.

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2012, 14:55
...BTW can anyone recomend a good mouse one that is smooth and accurate?
Mine is too herky jerky for any freehand drawing.

I use a Logitech G700.
It's technically a 'Gaming' mouse, but it has a couple buttons towards the front of it you can reduce the travel distance of the cursor, on the fly.
You can dial it down quickly so the cursor barely moves at all in fact, then back up.
Really steady, great for detail work.
Plus it has software that can be set up to load cursor setting/button profiles for specific programs.
Love that you can use it both wireless, and with an included cable.
I use it for online gaming too.;)

Info here: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/7244

More reasonably priced here: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-G700/dp/B003VAM32E

Tako_Kichi
February 27th, 2012, 15:09
Depending on your painting program you should also look up the 'pen' tool and 'bezier' curves either in the help file or online. They are the preferred tools for getting crisp curved lines and complex shapes on a repaint. No fancy mouse needed.

Lewis-A2A
February 27th, 2012, 16:03
Beautiful paints, dont sell yourself short, very good indeed :ernae:

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2012, 17:40
Depending on your painting program you should also look up the 'pen' tool and 'bezier' curves either in the help file or online. They are the preferred tools for getting crisp curved lines and complex shapes on a repaint. No fancy mouse needed.

True, but you know what?
A fancy mouse helps on beziers too.
Helps on a lot of detail stuff.
Higher mouse DPI is nice, IMHO.

Of course I needed a new mouse at the time, and Amazon had the G700 on sale for almost 50% off. ;)

Tako_Kichi
February 27th, 2012, 21:34
True, but you know what?
A fancy mouse helps on beziers too.
Helps on a lot of detail stuff.
Higher mouse DPI is nice, IMHO.

Of course I needed a new mouse at the time, and Amazon had the G700 on sale for almost 50% off. ;)
It certainly does, my own mouse is a Razer 'Death Adder' gaming mouse with a 3500 dpi resolution. :icon_lol:

gradyhappyg
February 27th, 2012, 22:00
Dain Arns Thanks for the suggestion on the mouse I really need to get a new one my old logi G7 el cheapo is ok for web browsing and general goofing about but if you need a straight line or circle or to move something just a nudge forget about it.

Tako_Kichi thanks for the tip on the pen tool gonna need some practice with that as (perhaps because of the mouse issue) I couldn't get the doggone line to go where I wanted it to.

Also thanks for the encouragement on the skins it means a lot.

Tako_Kichi
February 28th, 2012, 08:37
Tako_Kichi thanks for the tip on the pen tool gonna need some practice with that as (perhaps because of the mouse issue) I couldn't get the doggone line to go where I wanted it to.
The trick is to create 'anchors' with the mouse clicks and then pull the 'control handles' to get the line to go where you want it to go. Google up some tutorials for your particular painting program of choice (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP etc.) and practice until you have it mastered.

gradyhappyg
February 28th, 2012, 10:10
Practise is defintely needed with the pen tool.
But untill I get the hang of that I used the line tool to clean up the outline, took forever and 300 mouse clicks but it looks better.
Now to add the dark green cammo to the wings and tail upper surfaces.

And the Tin Indian is almost ready just and doin the read me zippin her up then upload.