PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Mosquito

WND
December 21st, 2008, 09:13
Good Afternoon:

Has anyone encountered a problem with loading the Mosquito in 2004? If so, how did you resolve it?

I've tried several times and when FS9 gets to the "loading objects" screen, the program freezes!!! :banghead:

If anyone could help me, I certainly would appreciate it..

Thanks;

Bill

Desert Rat
December 21st, 2008, 10:14
I'm presuming your talking about the Bruno (BSK) Mossie. Which version do you have? V3 was updated to FS9 and the files are somewhere here in the downloads. Not sure if V4 was ever modded or if the V3 files work with V4, but it's somewhere to start looking.

Jamie

chrisf36
December 21st, 2008, 10:41
The solution I found with this plane was to change the following line from

atc_parking_codes =DH98 Mosquito

to this

atc_parking_codes =

Not sure why that would work but since I changed it I haven't had a single problem with this plane loading.
This is for the V4 FS9-modded version.

Hope this helps

Chris

PS The V4 FS9-modded version is available on Flightsim.com and the conversion is credited to SOH so I'm guessing its around here somewhere, but its not listed under Bruno.

WND
December 21st, 2008, 15:59
JD and Chris - thankyou for your responses - I appreciate it..

As far as the version I got, the only thing I could find was in one of the readme files it said Version 2 however it's the Mosquito that's here on Sim OH that I got..

Chris, I will say this: I went in and made the change you indicated and it LOADED right up - THANKS!!!!!!!!! :jump:

Now I'm going to go test fly it and see what else I can find!!:icon_lol:

Thanks again..

Bill

PS: Did try all the panels that came with it - ended up putting my P-38 panel in so I could fly...