PDA

View Full Version : ETO crowd

Talon
February 20th, 2012, 19:45
Seems this forum is more an ETO crowd,so I'm not going to make missions for RS or PTO anymore. I will finish my Operation Torch missions for MAW and call it quits.

Talon

mrjmaint
February 20th, 2012, 20:24
Hay Talon, don't stop your missions for RS and PTO and don't call it quits. You have inspired me to build for RS and PTO. It was your USN in PNG that perked my interest. In fact I was just playing your Defense of Australia missions before I logged on and saw your post. I wish to thank you for those missions.

I know that building missions involve a lot of time and effort and at times it seams to be unappreciated but I assure you from the encouragement that I have received for what I have done that the effort is appreciated by the group.

Thanks for your work!

gosd
February 20th, 2012, 20:40
Talon, on the contrary ;if ETO has become so popular its because of all the missions that where made mostly based on historycal facts, and this is what you do best. There are not many master simmers around that can make such reallistic missions on PTO as you can, so give it some time before kwitting and keep on making those instructing missions.

HouseHobbit
February 20th, 2012, 22:46
Talon, your skill is welcomed by all..
:applause: :applause:
Don't give up..

Human Drone
February 21st, 2012, 05:38
Gee, I've seen plenty of RS stuff on here... I'm just getting into missions and hope we don't lose the talents of one so obviously appreciated. I'm really looking forward to RS coming out of beta, but may go ahead and install it before then if I have the time.

FWIW, I really appreciate historical accuracy. It's a great memorial to those who served, who died or were maimed for life. I think many of us who live in a world of relative peace & safety lose our perspective if we don't take time to find out what it was really like.

Hang in there!

Tom

ferret1048
February 21st, 2012, 05:42
MAW has special missions and aircraft that are not duplicated anywhere else.
For example, try find a M167/Baltimore anywhere else. If you are planning to
fight wwII you have to have MAW!

rocketred
February 21st, 2012, 07:30
i cant load pearl yet awaiting the next patch then try firestorm on phone , likely if i did id know more about a talon missions , i love eto and maw and always the battle of britain ....

pearl for me will be a nice side line , once works ,,,,,

but imho doing if one can maw eto missions as well , liekly talon i see your a cfs2 master and if can upgrade into higher imho emersions like eto cfs3 addons youll have a alarge groupies of testers , simmers and anything elese your heart desires , so to bail if your well veresed in higher emersions would imho be a waste of talent since it appears you can cross build .

just my opionion i know jack s&*^*&^*^*

joshua

Human Drone
February 21st, 2012, 07:33
MAW has special missions and aircraft that are not duplicated anywhere else.
For example, try find a M167/Baltimore anywhere else. If you are planning to
fight wwII you have to have MAW!

Gee, maybe I'd better get MAW after all! I'm kinda getting low in space on my shny new SSD, & want to have enough room for OFF and PTO, but still...

Led Zeppelin
February 21st, 2012, 08:20
Seems this forum is more an ETO crowd,so I'm not going to make missions for RS or PTO anymore. I will finish my Operation Torch missions for MAW and call it quits.

Talon

it is a shame.

Cuttles
February 21st, 2012, 08:30
Talon, pleased don't give up yet!!!!!!!!!! Am super interested in any mission relevant to down here and think those shots (including the skip bomb) are great.

I'm new to this and still slow with setting up, etc. I've haen't been able to get RS in yet due unrelated corruption in Win7 and have had to reload/rebuild it (gardam..). But not far off; that's the only reason I haven't downloaded your missions yet.

But can't wait to get 'em in to practice the 'bomb toss'...among the rest. Have also yet to crank up MAW for the first time for the same reason, but have files ready to go.

It's such a rich smorgasboard with so much to get into, it's hard to do it all at once.........Will be very intersted in MAW, (as like many others) had a relative involved in Tobruk run and would like to get some idea of what is was like. YOU add to all the realism, thankyou.

Hairyspin was saying there's 7 expansions of CFS3 all up. I've got bits for 5 of 'em and don't even know what the rest are: BUT I'll track'em down and collect the LOT!
So am not ETO/only: I reckon it's all great_____ even have a old 'butchered' CFS3/Firepower version (I still don't know how I did it), that have heaps of fun with!

So, a motivational speech for you "...never in the field of Human Conflict......", you know the rest...[...........ps: don't take offence of it coming out of ETO, wasn't meant that way.........] (I better shut up...sorry!)

Talon
February 21st, 2012, 08:50
Rocketred,

You have flown many of my missions in ETO. When ETO first came out I did missions for it and the same with the first update. As a matter of fact you asked me to do more Battle of Britain missions for you. I just never put my name or initials to them like someone else does in RS.

rocketred
February 21st, 2012, 11:02
ok then , your sitting in a good postion , to ferret as you please missions for simmers cfs2 cfs3- eto maw etc........ i guess im perplexed because , your missions are good , and why would you wish to stop based imho , on the great work in these eras, of cfs3 run offs im asking since i do S*)(*)(**() as far as missions i really have no place to talk other than flying em as a simple simmer ....

Talon
February 21st, 2012, 11:32
I'm also not a big fan of ETO.I did a few BoB missions because I enjoyed them.

I've also been doing missions for 10 years or longer.I don't just do missions for CFS2 and CFS3 I also do online missions for IL2-1946.

rocketred
February 21st, 2012, 11:38
ok even better

then in your case its what you love to build .

for any of the eras youve been doing

No great achievement is possible without persistent work. – Bertrand Russell

goodluck on your choices

joshua

NachtPiloten
February 22nd, 2012, 15:44
You state that you are not a fan of the ETO, but if others are it is some how troubling to you. So troubling that if this forum does not become PTO focused you are going to stop making missions. Where are we, in a kindergarten sandbox?

Well if this forum becomes more PTO focused I am going to stop making anymore planes, so there!:crybaby:

Talon
February 22nd, 2012, 16:05
You state that you are not a fan of the ETO, but if others are it is some how troubling to you. So troubling that if this forum does not become PTO focused you are going to stop making missions. Where are we, in a kindergarten sandbox?

Well if this forum becomes more PTO focused I am going to stop making anymore planes, so there!:crybaby:

Never said it was troubling to me. Never said forum had to become more PTO focused either.Those are your words not mine.You just like to twist things around. I have done missions for ETO and alot more for it than you'll know.

Now you want to attack me "Go for it". It really doesn't matter to me and it won't be the first or last time.:icon_lol:

rocketred
February 22nd, 2012, 16:24
im sure theres enough for the masters to work with between eras etc........some maw some eto some pearl ,,,etc.........all i know is "

humility is a god given gift , and sharing is caring

and finally

its all in the gamble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo

ndicki
February 23rd, 2012, 11:45
Strikes me that if everybody does what he enjoys doing because he enjoys doing it, there'll always be enough people to appreciate it. I am not interested in PTO, but I'm happy to see that others are. That won't stop me messing about in the Med, which is where I live, though.

middle
February 23rd, 2012, 13:09
Guys, just a small reminder to be civil...has anyone taken a gander at the FSX section? I would hate to see this cfs3 forum degenerate into the morass of negativity that the FSX forum sometimes drifts into. mid

hairyspin
February 23rd, 2012, 22:03
I often take a look at the FSX forum and I'd hate this one to go that way. Talon, do what you enjoy: if it's something we can enjoy with you then so much the better. Thanks for all your contributions! :wavey:

garykidman
February 24th, 2012, 10:13
Please don't let CFS3 fall by the guys keep it going have enjoyed all your work immensely by all developers whether it PTO or ETO
so please keep it going

Cuttles
February 25th, 2012, 00:23
had a quick peek at FSX: seems some unhappy campers there. All I know is, I enjoy immensely all the work presented here, from screenshots to new expansions: thankyou all participants, whatever you do. It's good to share civil comments.

Found particularly helpful the unstinting 'Professional Advice' to get add-ons, etc going for the first time. Otherwise, would be lost.

Thanks again, and appreciate the freindly 'up-side' here.........:salute: