PDA

View Full Version : Accu-Feel:Core FSX Enhancement by A2A released

LordAkshay798
February 20th, 2012, 14:19
Just saw this on the A2A facebook page. It's amazing!

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiLvbMuFlCE

P.S: How do you embed videos?

Here is the link to Accu Feel!! (http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49&zenid=582a49a39d259f9ba067a9e7cc28f468)

FlameOut
February 20th, 2012, 14:51
Well, I'll be darned. I did not see this over at the A2A forums just a little while ago...I must have missed it!

P38man
February 20th, 2012, 15:00
Awesome!

A big thank you to those great guys over at A2A.

We really appreciate the realism all of your products bring and the love you put into them.

Dain Arns
February 20th, 2012, 15:20
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/Leorstef/f10866d8-6737-4c9e-9d20-a4a2c0801dfd.jpg

Have to be dreaming...

Accu-feel for EVERY freeware and payware aircraft I have in my hangar?
AMAZING.

Here's my credit card A2A. :icon_lol:

Daube
February 20th, 2012, 15:37
Now if they could include a little bit of basic wear and damage as well (based on the data in the airfile or aircraft.cfg), that would be just perfect :)

olaf1924
February 20th, 2012, 21:01
A2A you just sold me another fsx add-on after I told my self no more money spent on fsx. :applause::applause:

Shylock
February 20th, 2012, 21:47
Wow.......

jeansy
February 20th, 2012, 22:02
love it

YoYo
February 20th, 2012, 23:23
Yes, nice. Addon in style "must have".
But I see a danger. Even weak addon with this can be a very, very nice :icon_lol: .

stansdds
February 21st, 2012, 02:09
I expect A2A is about to part me from some cash. :applause:

OleBoy
February 21st, 2012, 03:25
I'm sold.

When is it going to be available for the helicopters also? It would be nice.

Kowalski65
February 21st, 2012, 11:28
What a godawful time for my PC to be knackered! I need this!(eventually!)

sim-paticissimo
February 21st, 2012, 14:05
A2A you just sold me another fsx add-on after I told my self no more money spent on fsx. :applause::applause:

Another one here

PilatusTurbo
February 21st, 2012, 14:27
Yeah, this looks like it's another must have mod for FS. I agree, that having some wear and tear modeling would be nice. However, if this does what the guy in the video says it does, even for 3rd party aircraft, as well as they claim it will it doesn't matter.

It's going to add things I've been noticing FS has been missing forever, basically. I always hated taxiing in FS; feels like you're taxiing on a smooth plate of glass. Anyone who's either watched small planes taxiing by at a local GA airport, or been inside one taxiing knows that they really do have a bit of a bounce or bumpiness to them as they growl along the tarmac. :ernae:

rayhere48
February 21st, 2012, 19:43
I sure hope it is on sale soon. This is one thing I have wanted in FSX. Can't wait.

modelr
February 21st, 2012, 20:58
wow, another "must have"!

First, I gotta replace the main harddrive in my big rig. Died yesterday, all of a sudden. Thank goodness everything always backed up &/or on separate drives.

strykerpsg
February 21st, 2012, 21:07
Curse A2A....they drain my wallet more than any other developer......

Matt

YoYo
February 21st, 2012, 22:23
I sure hope it is on sale soon. This is one thing I have wanted in FSX. Can't wait.

According the movie Accu Feel will be in stores till the end on this month.

MarkH
February 21st, 2012, 23:16
Sounds good, although I'm wondering how this will co-exist with EZCA and also with aircraft such as the Realair Scout which have their own physical modelling of things like the stall buffet.

Dimus
February 21st, 2012, 23:26
Since you can activate/deactivate it I guess you may just switch it off when flying these aircraft. Perhaps you may also use certain features only through the control panel.

whitney17
February 22nd, 2012, 08:14
It looks great! I wonder how it'll affect frame rates and memory.

gradyhappyg
February 22nd, 2012, 10:15
So where did this come from?
As a long time fan of A2A and someone who still flys the default aircraft I totally missed the boat on this here accu-feel thingy thanks for the HU.

YoYo
February 24th, 2012, 06:14
New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieDjofuUE0Q&feature=player_embedded

Perhaps Accu feel will be Today.

hae5904
February 24th, 2012, 08:18
Sure looks awesome!! Certainly will get this one.
Nice to see they tested it with the T-2.

Cheers,
Hank

Tim-HH
February 24th, 2012, 09:36
It's released: Accu-Feel: Global FSX Enhancement (http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49)

Great price :applause:

Greetings
Tim

YoYo
February 24th, 2012, 09:42
Wowowow! :) Thx for this news!

hae5904
February 24th, 2012, 09:50
Thanks...just bought it!

Cheers,
Hank

Dave Torkington
February 24th, 2012, 10:35
Thanks for the heads up! Great price too. Now to check it out :salute:

Tako_Kichi
February 24th, 2012, 10:56
Just spent the last hour playing with it and all I can say is BRAVO!!!!! :applause:

It works as advertised and improves any plane in your hangar (choppers are not yet supported of course).

There are some areas for improvement (like open cockpit planes) but A2A are already working on 'Phase 2' and that area is already on their sticky list to do.

I particularly like the stall shake and all the creaks and groans but my dog hates the brake squeaks, every time I hit the brakes he runs to the window and starts barking! :isadizzy::banghead:

jojohnson9
February 24th, 2012, 11:29
I particularly like the stall shake and all the creaks and groans but my dog hates the brake squeaks, every time I hit the brakes he runs to the window and starts barking! :isadizzy::banghead:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the brakes to squeal at all. I even tried the Alpha P-2V7, not a peep. And I know when I crewed in them that those brakes squealed like a stuck pig. Not many creaks and groans either. I gotta be doing something wrong, because everything else I've gotten from A2A has worked 100%. I'll go over to A2A for help, but would welcome any suggestions here.

Tako_Kichi
February 24th, 2012, 11:37
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the brakes to squeal at all. I even tried the Alpha P-2V7, not a peep. And I know when I crewed in them that those brakes squealed like a stuck pig. Not many creaks and groans either. I gotta be doing something wrong, because everything else I've gotten from A2A has worked 100%. I'll go over to A2A for help, but would welcome any suggestions here.
Are you running Win 7 by any chance? I discovered, by accident, a few weeks ago that Win 7 gives you control of sound volume per running application. In other words you can make the sound from one running program louder or quieter compared to the others. I found all my sounds were quieter than expected in FSX and when I clicked on the 'Speaker' icon in the 'system tray' and then selected the 'Mixer' option the sound level for FSX was very low. I dragged the FSX slider up and no more sound issues.

Daube
February 24th, 2012, 11:43
I got it and tried it immediately with Piglet's Meyers 200D. Globally I am realy statisfied with the results. The freeware planes will never be the same anymore.
Also, I tried it with the payware Fw-109 but the results was not as good, I have to modify the AccuFeel settings for that plane again, because my initial adjustments have not been done wisely. But despite this, the plane had really "something more" when I flew it.
Now I have this feeling that every single plane in my hangar is going to get a test flight very soon :D

Bruce Thompson
February 24th, 2012, 11:52
Just downloaded and tried, looks like another great product from A2A.:applause::applause::applause:

OleBoy
February 24th, 2012, 12:23
I'm about to get kidnapped by Accu-Feel :mixedsmi:

jojohnson9
February 24th, 2012, 13:01
Are you running Win 7 by any chance? I discovered, by accident, a few weeks ago that Win 7 gives you control of sound volume per running application. In other words you can make the sound from one running program louder or quieter compared to the others. I found all my sounds were quieter than expected in FSX and when I clicked on the 'Speaker' icon in the 'system tray' and then selected the 'Mixer' option the sound level for FSX was very low. I dragged the FSX slider up and no more sound issues.
Yes I am running Win 7 and all my sound settings checked out. So I uninstalled completely and reinstalled and all is well now. Computer must of had a brain fart, or rather a processor fart. Now my P-2V creaks and groans and squeals... and don't the tires protest during my hard landings. Quite noisey when I open the bomb bay doors, just like I remember from back in the '60s. Now to give my JF DC-6 a test flight.
A2A has done it again. Price is right and lots of fun. :applause::icon_lol::salute:

OleBoy
February 24th, 2012, 13:27
I have to honestly say that I have never had an experience that feel so realistic when it comes to the rest of my aircraft. It's simply amazing the feeling that is output by the module.
So far I've tried the KCFS Republic Seabee (land and water take-off and landings) and the feeling of realism that's coming from the wave motions, bouncing across the top of the water, is oh my god, so realistic.
Having all the individual adjustments to tweak, per aircraft is very cool..

I also tried Piglets SUS 4-P Scrofa (turbine prop engine) and it too is is just a jaw dropping feeling compared to not having anything.

To date, this is the best $15 I've spent on a add-on that does so much to enhance my experience.

If you haven't got this, get it. You won't regret it.

Thanks to the crew at A2A :medals:

pilottj
February 24th, 2012, 13:37
Just tried it out on my old RealAir Scout. Fired it up, opened the windows, heard the wind rushing by from the propwash....it was amazing. It is so wonderful for these great old birds like the Scout to be given new life.

PRB
February 24th, 2012, 13:45
Just bought it. Installed it. Flew around in a Spitfire. This is good stuff.

Felixthreeone
February 24th, 2012, 14:06
Wondering If someone can clue me in as to whether or not this product can co-exist with ezdok? I absolutely LOVE my ezdok, and have it set up custom in every plane in my hangar...what does this do, besides sound effects, that ezdok does not do? If it can genuinely add to my experience, then I might give it a whirl...

PRB
February 24th, 2012, 14:22
This is just too cool. I didn't realize it would save the configuration for each plane. I made my Bristol Blenheim all squeaky and creaky, but the Spirfire less so. And everybody gets loud tire screech sounds, because I love that! :icon_lol:

papab
February 24th, 2012, 14:44
Wondering If someone can clue me in as to whether or not this product can co-exist with ezdok? I absolutely LOVE my ezdok, and have it set up custom in every plane in my hangar...what does this do, besides sound effects, that ezdok does not do? If it can genuinely add to my experience, then I might give it a whirl...

This is from A2A FAQ's on the Product

Does this conflict with programs that manipulate the camera, like EZDock?
We operate below the cameras and move the actual model. We currently do not access the cameras so there should not be a conflict. If we do access cameras in a future version, we will be sure to allow this feature to be enabled / disabled via the control panel to insure no conflicts

Link to their forum for all FAQ's on Accu-Feel

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=28507&sid=0159c1282987466e4e283ee6a5108e05

Rick

OleBoy
February 24th, 2012, 14:51
This is just too cool. I didn't realize it would save the configuration for each plane. I made my Bristol Blenheim all squeaky and creaky, but the Spirfire less so. And everybody gets loud tire screech sounds, because I love that! :icon_lol: +1 hundred. The results are pure fun :icon_lol:

warchild
February 24th, 2012, 14:58
Ok, sooo, lets say I'm a developer and make flight models. Now lets say i've got accu-feel installed when i'm working on a flight model. How is it going to effect the flight model i'm working on? When the plane is released, what can people without accufeel expect??

Meshman
February 24th, 2012, 15:12
...lets say I'm a developer and make flight models.

Well..., if you are a smart developer you would remember that you have Accu-Feel installed and running. Then (IMO) you would turn it off and go about developing your work. The end-user, if they have Accu-Feel, can adjust settings to their liking. But those late nights at the keyboard has rendered many a smart developer into a tired and not-so smart developer. :sleep:

But what do I know? Ten minutes after buying the product I went and messed up my sign in data. Thought about a nap to day, oh well...:isadizzy:

GypsyBaron
February 24th, 2012, 15:17
Ok, sooo, lets say I'm a developer and make flight models. Now lets say i've got accu-feel installed when i'm working on a flight model. How is it going to effect the flight model i'm working on? When the plane is released, what can people without accufeel expect??

Seems to me the obvious answer is, just turn Accu-Feel OFF and see for yourself.
It's not as though it were modifying the cfg or air files.

Or turn off/or uninstall Accu-Feel for the aircraft you are developing when doing the development.

Paul

Tako_Kichi
February 24th, 2012, 15:22
Ok, sooo, lets say I'm a developer and make flight models. Now lets say i've got accu-feel installed when i'm working on a flight model. How is it going to effect the flight model i'm working on?

It won't affect the 'flight model' one bit as all it does is read specific data from the .cfg file (and possibly the .air file) and then it uses those to change the way it's own sound and physics engines react to that data (or at least that's what I'm surmising from what I've been able to glean from the installed files and knowing the way Accu-sim works). From what I've discovered it appears that Accu-feel does not change the flight model as such it just adds extra sounds and physical changes to on-ground behaviour and adds pre-stall buffet shake which it computes from the stall data in the .cfg file. You do have sliders so that you can tweak the onset and degree of pre-stall buffet but they do not alter the original .cfg and .air files. Turn off Accu-feel and you are instantly back to the way things were before.

When the plane is released, what can people without accufeel expect??

They can expect whatever you have programmed into your flight model.

Now, if you have Accu-feel installed and then build a flight model to take that into account then those without it may, possibly, see a difference but I doubt it. If in doubt build a flight model with Accu-feel off so that it's good for anyone and then Accu-feel should only enhance it.

Felixthreeone
February 24th, 2012, 15:24
Well, my question still has not been answered, even by what has been posted and what I have seen on the A2a site. Ezdok adds vibrations, bouncing, movement in the vc, turbulence effects, impact effects, etc...

...I am really wondering how this new addon, other than the sound effects, works with those particularly awesome effects in ezdok. Not the cameras. I am aware that the A2a product does not do anything camera related. But, Ezdok's effects are there regardless of the camera effects, and are quite good. I will more than likely pass on this product, as it seems to do everything that I already have in my sim, sans sound effects (which I am not sure are very realistic from what i have heard in the videos and such)...never heard my tires screech on contact in my real plane....at least, not from the cockpit...

Daube
February 24th, 2012, 15:34

AccuFeel does not in any way modify or alter your flight model.
It just produces sounds, and shaking, depending on the conditions. For example, AccuFeel will shake the VC when you are about to stall, but this stall is defined in your flight model only. It's just additionnal effects that are triggered by an external program in a smart way, nothing else. Your planes will behave just the same as before, you will just see and hear it better than ever :)

stovall
February 24th, 2012, 15:36
Just purchased Accu Feel and off to test in the P-51D. The video on the A2A site detailing the product was excellent.

Back form a test run. Fantastic addition to FSX. The enhanced realism gives all aircraft a new feel. It works on all default and 3rd party addon's. Wonderful job A2A. Thanks!!

warchild
February 24th, 2012, 15:52
AccuFeel does not in any way modify or alter your flight model.
It just produces sounds, and shaking, depending on the conditions. For example, AccuFeel will shake the VC when you are about to stall, but this stall is defined in your flight model only. It's just additionnal effects that are triggered by an external program in a smart way, nothing else. Your planes will behave just the same as before, you will just see and hear it better than ever :)

Then with what you and Tako said, this is definitely going on my shopping list for the first of the month..
Thanks guys.. Much appreciated..
Pam

level 7
February 24th, 2012, 16:41
So far I've tried the KCFS Republic Seabee (land and water take-off and landings) and the feeling of realism that's coming from the wave motions, bouncing across the top of the water, is oh my god, so realistic.

seeing that they are researching wave physics maybe your wave motions are actually coming from the Seabee or FSX itself?
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=28550

anyways i bought the add-on, did a bit of a crooked approach on my Tecnam Sierra and loved the sound. and the brake squeal when stopping is a nice touch even if it may not be realistic for each aircraft but does increase the immersion factor.

Blade124
February 24th, 2012, 16:48
So far we’re been getting a good response from the community. What we like most about this product is it can add to everyone’s aircraft, both freeware and payware. We also like the fact that the user can make things as they wish. We hope this opens up some new possibilities for everyone. If anyone has any wishes or wants to see what we’re working on now, they can post here at SOH and we have a dedicated In Development forum here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=90

Scott.

LordAkshay798
February 24th, 2012, 17:09
lol I just saw that this tread became a sticky! Can an admin please add the product link to the first post?

The link in on the first page and HERE!! (http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49&zenid=582a49a39d259f9ba067a9e7cc28f468)

MudMarine
February 24th, 2012, 17:20
Not working! I would post this on A2A but I can't recall my password. Core is installed correctly, I'm follwing the instructions, when I hit "alt" nothing happens. I've tried diffrent prop planes, nothing.........ideas? So far :-( but I'm sure it will be corrected soon!

rwmarth
February 24th, 2012, 17:40
Not working! I would post this on A2A but I can't recall my password. Core is installed correctly, I'm follwing the instructions, when I hit "alt" nothing happens. I've tried diffrent prop planes, nothing.........ideas? So far :-( but I'm sure it will be corrected soon!

When you hit alt, there is another menu option on the far right of the menu bar on top of the screen. It should say add ons and click on that. Hopefully that does the trick.

Blade124
February 24th, 2012, 18:22
Mudmarine,

I assume you had to agree to load the dll's after you first installed Accu-Feel? If not, verify that you have the following in your [FSX] \ Modules folder:
- A2A_Feel.dll
- AccuFeelMenu.dll

Also, check that your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmll file has two entries for the above dll's.

Scott.

MudMarine
February 24th, 2012, 18:23
When you hit alt, there is another menu option on the far right of the menu bar on top of the screen. It should say add ons and click on that. Hopefully that does the trick.

Nope, that doesn't work, its not there.

warchild
February 24th, 2012, 18:36
that almost sounds like a bad entry or an out of place entry in your dll.xml file.

CodyValkyrie
February 24th, 2012, 18:37
Well, my question still has not been answered, even by what has been posted and what I have seen on the A2a site. Ezdok adds vibrations, bouncing, movement in the vc, turbulence effects, impact effects, etc...
It was tested with EZDok. It has no effect on the software. You're EZDok and Accu-Feel will live in harmony. Really not much more to be said than that. I know, as I personally tested it.

...I am really wondering how this new addon, other than the sound effects, works with those particularly awesome effects in ezdok. Not the cameras. I am aware that the A2a product does not do anything camera related. But, Ezdok's effects are there regardless of the camera effects, and are quite good. I will more than likely pass on this product, as it seems to do everything that I already have in my sim, sans sound effects
It's a bit hard to explain, but they coexist just fine. You will get the rumbling effects from stalls and high speed dives while EZDok is enabled just fine.

(which I am not sure are very realistic from what i have heard in the videos and such)...never heard my tires screech on contact in my real plane....at least, not from the cockpit...
That is the beauty of the addon. You can adjust it as necessary quite easily and very intuitively to suit your particular needs. It was designed to be as streamline as possible.

MudMarine
February 24th, 2012, 18:38
Mudmarine,

I assume you had to agree to load the dll's after you first installed Accu-Feel? If not, verify that you have the following in your [FSX] \ Modules folder:
- A2A_Feel.dll
- AccuFeelMenu.dll

Also, check that your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmll file has two entries for the above dll's.

Scott.

First part: (check) they are there: A2A_Feel.dll and AccuFeelMenu.dll

Second part: Working on it......FSX/computer locked up after I loaded FSX and was attempting to ALT to the addon,,,,,,:-(

racartron
February 24th, 2012, 19:03
I also had a very unusual result. Doing install a DirectX error popped up but then went away. The install was completed and I fired up fsX and immediately got a fatal error. This occured 4 straight times.

After a couple moments of sheer panic, I rebooted, got a strange trayIcon reading error but windows loaded fine. Still no joy, fsX would not load.

Now the anxiety was really building. I uninstalled Accu-Feel, rebooted and did not get the trayicon error. Tried fsX and it loaded normally.

Here I sit, perplexed and a bit nervous about retrying. However, I am going to assume a faulty download is the culprit as everyone else seems fine. I'll let ya know the next chapter -- a soon as it is written.

BTW, I have a fairly "normal" setup: fsX Gold edition running on Windows7 Ultimate/64bit with 4Gb memory, an AMD Quad 4 Processor with a GeForce 9500 graphics card. The system has been operating perfectly until the Accu-Feel install episode.

MudMarine
February 24th, 2012, 19:14
I got the FSX fatal error also, twice.

dvj
February 24th, 2012, 21:17
My girlfriend says no way am I going to get this. Not giving her enough real accu-feel lately because of A2A accu-sim.

fox18delta
February 24th, 2012, 21:19
My girlfriend says no way am I going to get this. Not giving her enough real accu-feel lately because of A2A accu-sim.

LOL
That's awesome, thanks for the chuckle.. you'll have to give her the TacPack before it's too late :-)

YoYo
February 24th, 2012, 23:50
The new life of many addons. Tested too with Piglet's beast ;). Amazing sounds but I asked A2A about this:

I tryed too setup settings for airplanes with open cabin but still the sound (more prop, wind, less integration of cabin ect.) is worse than I take Shift+E (open window), but in this plane isnt a door, windows for opening ect.

Is it possible to add one new button with option "On/Off - Open a window permanently" ? I noticed better sound when "the window" is open for airplanes like this:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3811/enb201222582626.jpg

Lewis-A2A
February 25th, 2012, 02:39
Mudmarine

sounds you are having trouble getting to the alt menu itself?
if so (and please dont shoot the messenger) it may point to a bad FSX install. The alt menu is a part of FSX and should work all the time as its how to access the menus in FSX whilst in game.

In other news can you let me know your username and ill get you set back up on the forums so you can post.

Lewis-A2A
February 25th, 2012, 02:44
I also had a very unusual result. Doing install a DirectX error popped up but then went away. The install was completed and I fired up fsX and immediately got a fatal error. This occured 4 straight times.

After a couple moments of sheer panic, I rebooted, got a strange trayIcon reading error but windows loaded fine. Still no joy, fsX would not load.

Now the anxiety was really building. I uninstalled Accu-Feel, rebooted and did not get the trayicon error. Tried fsX and it loaded normally.

Here I sit, perplexed and a bit nervous about retrying. However, I am going to assume a faulty download is the culprit as everyone else seems fine. I'll let ya know the next chapter -- a soon as it is written.

BTW, I have a fairly "normal" setup: fsX Gold edition running on Windows7 Ultimate/64bit with 4Gb memory, an AMD Quad 4 Processor with a GeForce 9500 graphics card. The system has been operating perfectly until the Accu-Feel install episode.

Hello,

I replied to your post over at our forums. Direct X is a requirement for the product and must be installed otherwise the product will not work. Try the microsoft online installers if the installer with the product is having issues. (This maybe a system error at your end if direct X is having issues installing, a little googling may be required. If you post the direct X error message on our forums we can take a look and try to help were we can including with the googling that seems to be required now for any tech issue on computers hehe).

On loading FSX, how do you mean it will not load? If it was hanging at the splash screen try alt tabbing to switch programs just in case the click yes box for the dll's is hidden behind the splash screen.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

racartron
February 25th, 2012, 04:31
Hello,

I replied to your post over at our forums. Direct X is a requirement for the product and must be installed otherwise the product will not work. Try the microsoft online installers if the installer with the product is having issues. (This maybe a system error at your end if direct X is having issues installing, a little googling may be required. If you post the direct X error message on our forums we can take a look and try to help were we can including with the googling that seems to be required now for any tech issue on computers hehe).

On loading FSX, how do you mean it will not load? If it was hanging at the splash screen try alt tabbing to switch programs just in case the click yes box for the dll's is hidden behind the splash screen.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Hey Lewis, I'm working with Scott over at the a2a site. What I mean by won't load is that shortly after getting the fsX splash screen up, I gat a "FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURED" and fsX shuts down. to recap what Scott is talking about follows.
Scott suggested the following steps to help isolate the problem:

1...Did a fresh install
2...Hit cancel at the DirectX Install
3...fsX load failed
4...Renamed the 2 dll's in the Modules folder
5...fsX loaded with no issues

Scott said: "If FSX loads then, then we would want to look for another conflict."

MudMarine
February 25th, 2012, 04:45
Mudmarine

sounds you are having trouble getting to the alt menu itself?
if so (and please dont shoot the messenger) it may point to a bad FSX install. The alt menu is a part of FSX and should work all the time as its how to access the menus in FSX whilst in game.

In other news can you let me know your username and ill get you set back up on the forums so you can post.

No, I'm not having trouble getting to the alt menu. It pops up just fine but no accu-feel. My FSX install is fine, was working fine and I had zero problems before hand. I downloaded and installed according to instructions, everything is in the mdl file......I'll keep playing with it, just don't have that much time today....... Why would I shoot the messenger when I respect A2A as much as I do.....I hope I don't have that rep. around here?!:icon_lol: I know it will be sorted out and it's most likely MY computer problems.

User name: MudMarine

Daube
February 25th, 2012, 07:47
MudMarine, when you installed your AccuFeel, did you:
- launch it by right-clicking and choosing "run as an administrator", or did you run it by a normal double-click ?
- choose the folder where your FSX was installed, or did you install it in a different folder ?

Lewis-A2A
February 25th, 2012, 08:13
Okie dokie Mudmarine, no problem.

After installation did you restart the machine? I think this might be a good idea as it seems to have solved issues for a few customers.

Mud, check your PM's i'm about to send you one re: the A2A Forums

thanks,
Lewis

Gdavis101
February 25th, 2012, 10:01
No problems here, flawless install for me. Thanks for another great add-on, used the Just Flight DC6 last night with it :applause::applause: Thank you!

Dave Torkington
February 25th, 2012, 12:19
No problems here, flawless install for me. Thanks for another great add-on:applause::applause: Thank you!

Ditto from me - took an old FS9 CL-215 firefighter for a spin last night with a couple of buddies on m/Player and the added effects from Accu-Feel really added to the experience for us all. Great work A2A :salute:

TeaSea
February 25th, 2012, 13:15
As for me....a really enjoyable add on.

CWOJackson
February 25th, 2012, 17:34
A whole new fleet of aircraft for a very modest price. Well done.

stansdds
February 26th, 2012, 04:23
I spent more time backing up my FSX install than anything else. 44 minutes for a full back up, but it's safer than having something go wrong and having to reinstall. This is a great add-on, especially considering how little it cost. I have noticed that the prop sounds seem to be too loud with radial engines when cranking or shutting down and I wish that opening a window, possible with with many add-on Cessna's, would trigger the louder engine and wind effects. That might not even be possible with the coding of FSX, but if it were possible it would be a great touch. Otherwise, I love the sounds and the bounce effects, this really brings new life to flying in FSX. :applause: :applause: :applause:

PilatusTurbo
February 26th, 2012, 05:19
All the positive things people have said: quite true. Just got to fly a bit last night with it, and every installation of FS really should have this program. It adds small but vitally important effects that aide immersion so much; if you've ever flown in a small plane, you can testify that these things are noticeable. I mean just opening the door or window and hearing that prop wash made me grin.

Just good stuff A2A! :ernae: Price is BEYOND worth it, too. I was hoping it wouldn't be very pricey, but $15 bucks is a steal. That's like ordering pizza one time, maybe less if you get a lot of crap with your pizza LOL :running:

airattackimages
February 26th, 2012, 05:45
Well I'm sold. I want it.

Carvalho
February 26th, 2012, 06:35
Really nice add on!Installed without any issues and is pure fun. great work A2A:salute:

thefrog
February 26th, 2012, 06:40
This sounds a brilliant add-on but (I have to ask because of my elderly system) - is there a fps hit at all?

Bruce Thompson
February 26th, 2012, 06:42
Well I bought it and it works fine, thank you A2A another winner.

It also works with the free damage mod zips by Ismail Hakki Güzel for the Cessna 172sp, Carenado V35B that are available from flightsim.com.

grunau_baby
February 26th, 2012, 07:04
Most perfect addon, really!!!:applause: Works like a charm, and it´s very effective on the default aircraft. On other aircraft with high quality custom sounds Accu-Feel get´s a bit more "backgrounded" unfortunately. Still have to fiddle around more, to get the max out off it in those cases. But sure it´s just a great enhancement!

Alex G.

Daube
February 26th, 2012, 08:01
This sounds a brilliant add-on but (I have to ask because of my elderly system) - is there a fps hit at all?

No, I haven't noticed any FPS hit at all.

DagR
February 26th, 2012, 08:33
Just bought this gadget, what an addon !! Very nice indeed ;-)

Best
Dag

tommieboy
February 26th, 2012, 18:04
Tried it with Robert Richardson's freeware Avro Shackleton (from Britsim) with Gary Jones' awesome alternate "growler" sound pack; it's just what I'm flying at the time. Turned Accu-Feel on and no sound difference; NOTHING! Took me a few minutes to realize the engine growl from the sound pack was drowning out all the subtle sounds from the Accu-Feel add-on. DOH! :costum:

Once I realized that, I started to make some changes to the default FSX sound settings (I had to tone down the default engine sound slider) along with some of the Accu-Feel sound settings. I got it working now. :mixedsmi:

Regards,

Tommy

racartron
February 26th, 2012, 21:15
I was one the few who had install issues, but with a lot of head scratching and persistence, the boys at a2a "got 'er done!" Best we can tell it was an issue with either my DirectX or simConnect bits. Anyway, after replacing both I am now the proud user of one of the most immersive add-ons I have ever seen.:medals: Who knew my old DC-3 was so close to falling apart?

Awesome Lads:guinness::guinness: And this is only the initial release!! I can't wait ot see what the future holds.

Wulf190
February 26th, 2012, 21:59
Foolish question.

Could this (or a version of it) possibly work in FS9? If it could I would buy it. I really enjoy the lights that A2A did years ago, and it would be great if this product could work for the older sim.

Daube
February 27th, 2012, 01:02
The module needs the Simconnect interface to interact with the FSX engine. This interface does not exist in FS9, so the module won't work with FS9.

MudMarine
February 27th, 2012, 01:55
I was one the few who had install issues, but with a lot of head scratching and persistence, the boys at a2a "got 'er done!" Best we can tell it was an issue with either my DirectX or simConnect bits. Anyway, after replacing both I am now the proud user of one of the most immersive add-ons I have ever seen.:medals: Who knew my old DC-3 was so close to falling apart?

Awesome Lads:guinness::guinness: And this is only the initial release!! I can't wait ot see what the future holds.

Good for you! That gives me hope and an idea what to look at. Now, I just need to find the time........:salute:

limjack
February 27th, 2012, 07:21
Very very easy to use and enjoy on the fly.....Thanks A2A. I still have not tried your shockwave lights and they look brillant.

Jim

Dimus
February 27th, 2012, 09:02
Got it and love it! I had the Accusimed Cub and Spitfire and now the great feeling of flying these aircraft is extended to all of my planes. Excellent Stuff!

Roger
February 27th, 2012, 09:06
I'm tempted but I don't have a FF stick. How much more is there that doesn't require FF?

TuFun
February 27th, 2012, 09:23
Playing around with Accu-Feel... very cool program!

Bruce Thompson
February 27th, 2012, 09:28
I don't have FF either Roger but the effects are worth the purchase, the sounds and visual movement is well worth the price.

Squeaking brakes, cockpit rattles, stall shudders etc, wind noise when door opens, tyre sounds and all ajustable.

I use an X52 and a Saitek yoke and pedals, when braking using the pedals as the aircraft stops the sound is brilliant and very imersive.

Roger
February 27th, 2012, 09:32
Cheers Bruce:ernae:

Lewis-A2A
February 27th, 2012, 11:54
Mudmarine, just replied to your PM, write me back or pm me back that you get in ok.

Roger, FF is not required at all for Accu-Feel. I'm not an FF user (I use Freestyle pro, I know its not a proper stick :monkies:) and just got back from an adventure in the default DC-3 in the outback. Made sure she was very loosey goosey and sounding like a real bag of bolts and holes. Awesome :ernae:

Roger
February 27th, 2012, 12:09
Ha ha,
Ok Lewis, I'll pick it up soon.

JIMJAM
February 27th, 2012, 12:51
Well I have been amassing a HUGE, maybe 30 gigs worth of sound files from FS9 and FSX just for this very reason. Roll,touchdown, wind sounds are crucial for the whole sim experience to work for me.
I would spend hours tweaking sound files to get the plane just right.
Well looks like this maybe heaven sent. Still going to tweak the sounds but this seems to be a great one size fits all solution.

roger-wilco-66
February 27th, 2012, 12:54
This is really an awesome addon. I rediscovered the fun of flying some older aircraft I had sitting in my hangar untouched for a while. Thanks, A2A!

Cheers,
Mark

kdl
February 27th, 2012, 22:47
What an excellent addon!

Are there any hidden "Gimmick" sounds in accu-feel that one will experience only if one knows what kind of extreme maneuvers to fly?

Dieter

Felixthreeone
February 28th, 2012, 07:49
Reluctantly purchased it yesterday, based on all the hoopla on this site and numerous others. As a long time ezdok user, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what on earth the big deal was. Once I was assured there would be no conflicts between ezdok's effects and accu-feel's, I decided to get it.

.................................................. ..............WOW................................. ....................................

.....It blends seamlessly with ezdok, and adds even more immersion than I thought it possibly could. The tire screeches are a bit loud at default levels, and the brake noise is a bit too tinny....but overall, this is one outstanding addon, well worth the low price...heck, they could have charged more for it and it would have been worth it.

The combination of TrackIR, ezdok, and now accu-feel has really made it a sim. Nice job, A2A!

Lewis-A2A
February 28th, 2012, 08:19
The gimmick idea is interesting, might be an idea to add in a few easter eggs :icon_twi:

Reluctantly purchased it yesterday, based on all the hoopla on this site and numerous others. As a long time ezdok user, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what on earth the big deal was. Once I was assured there would be no conflicts between ezdok's effects and accu-feel's, I decided to get it.

.................................................. ..............WOW................................. ....................................

.....It blends seamlessly with ezdok, and adds even more immersion than I thought it possibly could. The tire screeches are a bit loud at default levels, and the brake noise is a bit too tinny....but overall, this is one outstanding addon, well worth the low price...heck, they could have charged more for it and it would have been worth it.

The combination of TrackIR, ezdok, and now accu-feel has really made it a sim. Nice job, A2A!

Thanks for the kind words, we will be adding some new sounds and carrying on development so if the tinnie brakes dont work for an aircraft you personally use you will be able to change it via the slider. Currently using the sliders you can still make a change in sounds, however from feedback we will see about making it more pronouced, from the tinny to the strong. Also look at a few more specific sounds at the end of the sliders for the tubeliner crowd. Keep an eye on our feel development forum to see whats being said by the community and what we are currently looking into.

thanks,
Lewis

Felixthreeone
February 28th, 2012, 08:40
Thanks, Lewis. On that note, it would be interesting to hear touchdown sounds that are a bit more of a 'thud' in certain aircraft...i.e. fighters and larger GA stuff...

...Overall, the product is very good. Only can get better from here...

William Njurmi
February 28th, 2012, 11:12
A nice one indeed. Sad thing here is to learn what the other addon developers have left undone with their planes. Sounds are crucial part of the immersion.

Dimus
February 28th, 2012, 12:06
I just finished testing it in some of my favourite aircraft. First the Carenado C152, which is the only aircraft I can say that I know how it behaves in real. I liked the effect but I just increased the "bag of bolts" effect and reduced the shock absorption. It made a difference and now it feels like the tired Club trainers. Then I tried the Razbam T-2 and A-7 and the Iris T-2 and loved how these great planes became even better. One of the best purchases for FSX.

pilottj
February 28th, 2012, 12:25
Hey Roger, you'll be glad to know that while the wind noise portion doesn't totally support open cockpit airplanes 'yet', you can still get wind noise in your old GAS Wacos. I tried it out on the Waco ASO...just had to modify the aircraft.cfg to give it more exits...then I just 'open' the extra door...keep it open and i get great wind noise.

Daube
February 28th, 2012, 12:34
Excellent technique. Thanks for this advise.

LonelyplanetXO
February 28th, 2012, 12:55
Oh I'm so late... totally missed this thread & chanced upon the app yesterday, so bought it immediately & tried it out on the Carenado A36. WOW! Works with Track IR, what a great app. Love the configurable nature. Yet another "must have".
One suggestion (maybe impractical) - when you open the door you get the wind noise (also when the engines off :P) - but the draft would cause the door to slam - any way to replicate that?

LPXO

jetstreamsky
February 28th, 2012, 13:45
I'd love to join in the fanfare for this, but it simply doesn't generate any sounds despite apparently installing OK and providing the control interface. :banghead: Totally frustrating.

PRB
February 28th, 2012, 15:06
I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane once. Ok, twice. I can verify that when the door is opened, it gets really loud. It was a C-180 type, and the door swung upwards, so that when opened it was flat against the underside of the wing. It was still loud. I was the first guy out, and was sitting on the floor where the right seat would be (no seats in the plane except the pilot's) with my head, at thigh level, a couple of inches from the pilot's legs. That the pilot was a very attractive young lady in shorts affected concentration wee bit, but still remember the amazing wind noise that occurred when the door was opened. :)

I need more squeaky wheels, creaks, groans, and such for my DHC-6 Twin Otters. I remember flying in the back of those up in Maine, and I'm looking forward to the updates to this fun product!

olaf1924
February 28th, 2012, 15:37
jetstream try landing in a small ga aircraft like a cessna 172 and see if you hear more tire squeal and vibration going down the landing strip.

scotsman
February 29th, 2012, 09:45
I'd love to join in the fanfare for this, but it simply doesn't generate any sounds despite apparently installing OK and providing the control interface. :banghead: Totally frustrating.
Unquote

same here: a nice control interface without any effect to my planes (XP 32, SP2, FSX Acceleration):isadizzy:

Mike

Blade124
February 29th, 2012, 13:25
Take a look at the FAQ here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=28627

I would be sure to run both the online directx installer and simconnect installer. If that doesn't work, there could be an unknown conflict in your XML.DLL. You can get this info in the FAQ, and also post in the tech support forum if you are in need of more help.

We have over 99.75% up and running, but there are always these odd weird conflicts on a handful of systems. We are all still full on helping anyone who is having trouble.

Scott.

jetstreamsky
February 29th, 2012, 14:50
Olaf, thanks for the suggestion, I've tried all sorts of aircraft including the default Cessna at a default airfield and nothing.

Scott, been and done all of that, and the particular support thread is turning cold at A2A, I realise this is not turning out to be easy to resolve, but after a few posts with information posted and no comment about it, I'm not feeling confident that it will be.

olaf1924
February 29th, 2012, 15:16
jetstream check your documents for a A2A folder inside that folder you will find a fsx foldser with the aircraft that you have flown using accufeel. The next thing I would check is if you were using vista or windows 7 did you turn off your uac .

Blade124
February 29th, 2012, 15:47
Jetstreamsky,

If you would like, we could try handling this over the phone and remote to your PC?

If so, just PM me and we can coordinate.

Scott.

jetstreamsky
February 29th, 2012, 18:42
I was at the point of facing up to reinstalling FSX and I tried one more test flight. I set the accu-feel sliders to their max noisiness and flew again and whilst idling the engine I thought I could hear something subtle. I went to the FSX sound settings and put all sliders to 50%, which didn't really do much, yet when I selected Q (Sound Off) I found this kills only the MS sounds and now I could more easily hear a hint of other sounds which turned out to be from Accu-Feel. However these were only barely audible and only for tyre squeal and wind rush when diving at VNE. Door opening presented an initial hint of sound then went quiet as did cabin rattling, however braking produced no sound at all.

I went to something heavier and chose the Aerosoft Twotter, this time again with Q sound off, I got a little short squeek for brakes.

Now having heard working effects, it had to be something outside of Accu-feel and started going through the sound card settings, initially not finding much significant, however upon opening up the volume mixer function I found there was a separate slider for FSX, not just devices, but for a program, not seen that before. Anyway that slider was at only 25% of the value that the speaker volume was set to, so i moved it up and Hey Presto! Accu-Feel sounds WORK :jump:, well all except for drag from flaps, but that's probably needing more tweaking from me, overall I think I have resolved it, I'm a much happier bunny now. :icon_lol: :guinness:

olaf1924
February 29th, 2012, 21:24
Good work jetstream.

jmig
March 1st, 2012, 03:05
I like it. Except....

For three flights now, I keep telling my crew-chief that my F-15E's brakes are squeaking. He hasn't fixed it yet.

Mr.Mugel
March 1st, 2012, 11:11
I like it. Except....

For three flights now, I keep telling my crew-chief that my F-15E's brakes are squeaking. He hasn't fixed it yet.

He probably thinks of you like this:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/__s4OMTVyhI?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I might give this one a try some day, even though I´m not the usual payware guy. These days I mainly fly the Accusimmed B-17 (Thought 3 years about getting this one), which won´t get much out of Accu-Feel anyway. But I think this seems like a great addon that gives FSX a lot of atmosphere that has been missed till now. And the price is only fair in my opinion!

:icon29: To A2A!

Lewis-A2A
March 1st, 2012, 14:43
If you want an insight into A2A Simulations, Accu-feel and more then this is not to be missed,

EVENT: A2A Scott and Cody discuss Accu-Feel
TOPIC: Everything Accu-Feel
TIME: Mar 2nd, 5pm PST, 8pm EST, 0100 GMT (one night only)

Details here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28679

TeaSea
March 1st, 2012, 15:16
I was at the point of facing up to reinstalling FSX and I tried one more test flight. I set the accu-feel sliders to their max noisiness and flew again and whilst idling the engine I thought I could hear something subtle. I went to the FSX sound settings and put all sliders to 50%, which didn't really do much, yet when I selected Q (Sound Off) I found this kills only the MS sounds and now I could more easily hear a hint of other sounds which turned out to be from Accu-Feel. However these were only barely audible and only for tyre squeal and wind rush when diving at VNE. Door opening presented an initial hint of sound then went quiet as did cabin rattling, however braking produced no sound at all.

I went to something heavier and chose the Aerosoft Twotter, this time again with Q sound off, I got a little short squeek for brakes.

Now having heard working effects, it had to be something outside of Accu-feel and started going through the sound card settings, initially not finding much significant, however upon opening up the volume mixer function I found there was a separate slider for FSX, not just devices, but for a program, not seen that before. Anyway that slider was at only 25% of the value that the speaker volume was set to, so i moved it up and Hey Presto! Accu-Feel sounds WORK :jump:, well all except for drag from flaps, but that's probably needing more tweaking from me, overall I think I have resolved it, I'm a much happier bunny now. :icon_lol: :guinness:

Excellent troubleshooting.....Good methodical approach. Takes a little patience sometimes.:guinness:

jmig
March 2nd, 2012, 03:21
He probably thinks of you like this:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/__s4OMTVyhI?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

:icon29: To A2A!

Yep! That's me!

:icon_lol:

Funny song.

I think A2A has a winner here. Just like Accu-lights, you don't NEED it. However, it adds more than its $15 price to FSX.

Bone
March 2nd, 2012, 17:53
Did you guys see the C-5 with the sheared off cockpit at the 1:48 spot on the video? I wonder what the story is about that.

edit: Nevermind. http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123018520

WhiskeyEcho
March 3rd, 2012, 02:31
Re the 25% audio level, this can be caused by the use of Skype.

Our group has had this whilst in MP.

jetstreamsky
March 3rd, 2012, 04:45
Re the 25% audio level, this can be caused by the use of Skype.

Our group has had this whilst in MP.

Thanks, that's good info to know, I use Skype all the time.

Lewis-A2A
March 3rd, 2012, 15:53
Anyone who missed last nights great event (over 2hours!) with Scott and Cody can listen to the live Q&A again. Simply log into the digital themepark Teamspeak server and ask for Zoolander who will get you setup in the right channel and can stream the event to you.

Details here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28679

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
:ernae:

heywooood
March 3rd, 2012, 16:31
I just got it and I love it - good job A2A

scotsman
March 4th, 2012, 04:43
I got it wo work at least :jump:.
It was a SimConnect problem that was solved after I deleted and re-installed Acceleration and SP1.
Found a SimConnect trouble shooting via Google.

A great add-on. Love it!
Have to go back flying now.

Mike:salute:

JIMJAM
March 5th, 2012, 10:04
Ok, now we are just need a few more "realism" addons.
BUG-X Realistic bug smashes shown on your windshield. From chunky exploders to ooozy runners. A wide variety of colors depending apon your geographic location and season.

Coming soon- Cowboy AI- Comes roaring out of the hangers at 30 mph. Rides their brakes at nearly full power down the taxiways. Either no runup at all or at least 20 minutes while you wait behind them.
Calls short final 30 miles out. Comes in just a little slower than the space shuttle unless of course you are number 2 and the ai will drag its feet and take forever.

BARF-X- Simular to the female passenger in the A2A Cub but with simulated bodily functions and a much larger expanded vocabulary. :icon_lol:

Creepy co-pilot- Currently under consideration

stansdds
March 5th, 2012, 11:20
Ok, now we are just need a few more "realism" addons.
BUG-X Realistic bug smashes shown on your windshield. From chunky exploders to ooozy runners. A wide variety of colors depending apon your geographic location and season.

Coming soon- Cowboy AI- Comes roaring out of the hangers at 30 mph. Rides their brakes at nearly full power down the taxiways. Either no runup at all or at least 20 minutes while you wait behind them.
Calls short final 30 miles out. Comes in just a little slower than the space shuttle unless of course you are number 2 and the ai will drag its feet and take forever.

BARF-X- Simular to the female passenger in the A2A Cub but with simulated bodily functions and a much larger expanded vocabulary. :icon_lol:

Creepy co-pilot- Currently under consideration

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Oh, I think we already have Cowboy AI. I've nearly been run over by AI on taxiways and have been stuck behind them, just short of the active, for what seems like an eternity.

TeaSea
March 5th, 2012, 16:03
I smashed a bug over my windshield at 8000 Feet. I say over because he was particularly runny.

What was that bug doing at 8000 feet?:kilroy: