PDA

View Full Version : Two Errors I Can't Figure Out

Devildog73
December 21st, 2008, 06:22
The first is this error when I try to MB with the FDG2 P-51B. I can fly it in FF, but when I pick it for a mission, the mission will not load.

[Mission file error]
error=Unable to init unit 9019
title=Tuskegee Airmen 85
filename=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\MTO\Combat Flight Simulator 2\MISSIONS\Tuskegee Airmen 85

The 2nd error is when I go to scenery library to add scenery I get a CTD.

Ideas?

bearcat241
December 21st, 2008, 06:41
Put another stand-alone model in its place for testing. If it works, then you possibly either have some defect in the Mustang's dp. Or, i should ask, are you trying to fly a model bundled within a multi-textured package?

With that scenery CTD, it usually comes down to you having too many add-on scenery installs or the target scenery package itself is corrupted. There's no magic number for the limits of active add-ons allowed, but i try to keep my total "active" scenery (including stock, add-on bases and add-on mesh) to no more than 70 entries per install. Any more than that and i may get CTD's when working the 'OK' button in the library too. The sim library takes into account the gross number of bgl's within each scenery package. Some packages have large numbers of bgl's, like Maskrider's and Xavier's. These can max you out more quickly than others with low bgl counts. So you have to work for balance. But you don't have to uninstall anything, just activate the bases you need as your chosen campaigns demand and leave unecessary bases inactive. But keep all stock and any add-on mesh active at all times.

Pen32Win
December 21st, 2008, 09:39
Howdy DD;

FME, If you're going to work with the Scenery Library DON'T do it while you're running CFS2 in MB Mode. It aways locks up no matter if you add or delete scenery areas. Always make the changes while running CFS2 in regular mode.

Devildog73
December 21st, 2008, 13:00
I will change out the FDG2 P-51C and see what happens. Yes, it has multiple skins, but then so do a few others of my Tuskegee aircraft.

On the scenery, I have all of Achim's airbases. I added his last set in GSL and now when I try to go into scenery library while in normal CFS2 flight mode, it CTD. I cannot go in to even deactivate any.

I will look at the standard FDG2 P-51B/C and look at the DP file with DPed and see if they are the same. I wondered when I changed the name from the original to the FDG2_P-51B if it was going to work. It does in FF, just not in MB. I added Jaxon's 52nd skins to her, modded the Aircraft.cfg, changed the name of the folder to match Jaxon's file name. I will try the donationware one that I donated for and see if it works.

bearcat241
December 21st, 2008, 13:45
Only use stand-alone models when building campaigns. If your chosen mount is bundled in a multi-tex a/c folder, break it out and create a stand-alone of it. hat's always best when camp-building. Then test it again in the same setup as before.

For the scenery, don't use the sim to deactivate the add-on, do a manual edit of the scenery.cfg. Find the entry with notepad and change the active line to false:

[Area.020]
Title=OpForager-Marianas
Local=..\CFS2_Scenery\~ASIAN-PACIFIC\OpForager-Marianas
Remote=
Active=TRUE >>>>>> FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=21

Devildog73
December 23rd, 2008, 12:45
Thanks bearcat.
I'll do and see what happens.