PDA

View Full Version : 'I Like Trevor Bayne's Idea: - A Throwback Daytona Beach Race'

Panther_99FS
February 19th, 2012, 08:16
:applause::applause::applause:

Daveroo
February 20th, 2012, 08:46
and i liked what he said about his concern about the transition from the sand to the pavement...i cant remember his exact words...but he made it sound like he would be nervious to do it...but at the same time..would be up for it...typical race car driver...like looking at the 8 inch deep rut in turn 2 ,and thinking dang..thats right in my line...and then during the race....aim for the rut everytime you throw the car into the corner....lol

wombat666
February 20th, 2012, 17:05
:173go1:
Not getting my enthusiasm going at all.
While this idea is being touted perhaps the [really stupid] convertible class should return.
Not.

Cazzie
February 21st, 2012, 04:52
Wombat, I loved the convertible races. It was tradition that all of the Spring races at Darlington, then called the Dixie 300 (couldn't get away with that today), were always convertible races, ditto for the Firecracker 400 at Daytona on July 4th. I can see Curtis Turner in his #26 Ford and Fireball Roberts in his purple #22 Pontiac right now. It was a spectacle to see, you would have loved it.

As to a throwback to the old Daytona race, maybe as a side show, prelude to the 500. Have them drive old timie cars too, show who the men really are. :icon_lol::guinness: