PDA

View Full Version : Yippee!

Willy
February 18th, 2012, 21:41
Decided to take an old favorite for a flight tonite. DCC's P-38J Yippee. Took off from my local airport and headed NE to Glacier Girl's old hangout. I really need to fly this one more...

stansdds
February 19th, 2012, 01:13
One of the best P-38's in FS9 and it's free!

Drzook
February 19th, 2012, 06:55
Nice whitewalls. :applause:
Not sure but I think I see some classy looking wire rims too. Tre cool:medals:

Moparmike
February 22nd, 2012, 10:17
I thought PakRat stole those hubcaps many, many years ago!!! :kilroy:

Willy
February 22nd, 2012, 11:31
I thought PakRat stole those hubcaps many, many years ago!!! :kilroy:

Caught him not looking and stoled 'em back.

That's a name that I haven't seen in years. Wonder what ol' Rat is up to these days? He was a great guy to fly with.

PeteHam
February 22nd, 2012, 12:32
Willy, can you point me in the right direction for the base pack for this P-38 please ?

I've searched both at Flightsim & Avsim but can't find the recommended zip file.

Thanks.

Pete.

Moparmike
February 22nd, 2012, 12:56
Pete,
That paint job is for David Copely's (aka DCC) "P-38 Pair" package which includes the J variant and the F-5 Photo Lightning.
You can get it directly from David's site http://www.kazoku.org/xp-38n , but it should also be in the file libraries here at SOH and both avsim and flightsim.com too.
Look for p38p230.zip .

Willy
February 22nd, 2012, 12:59
Dave's site is: http://www.kazoku.org/xp-38n/

Click on Models at the top and Yippee is a P-38J. I'm not sure if the Yippee paint is still included in the pack or not as dcc does update and make changes along.

The wire rims and whitewalls are a personal mod that I did for myself. :monkies:

Looks like Mopar was busy as I was. Still for Dave's P-38s, two links aren't enough!

middle
February 22nd, 2012, 13:10
Is that the one that if ya fly it too hard and fast with too high of an rpm for too long that it kinda stops running right in mid air and ya have to find a place to put her down quick?

Moparmike
February 22nd, 2012, 13:12
Is that the one that if ya fly it too hard and fast with too high of an rpm for too long that it kinda stops running right in mid air and ya have to find a place to put her down quick?

Only if you let the WEP run out. It won't die, but it'll run out of steam and you'll putz along at Piper pace instead.
And yup, we had one guy do that on our team flight during the race this year too. :monkies:

PeteHam
February 22nd, 2012, 18:44
Found it , thanks guys :applause:

It's been ages since I've had this installed, I'd forgotten how good it is.

Pete.