PDA

View Full Version : "Aprilia will be the bike to beat among the CRTs"

wombat666
February 18th, 2012, 02:42
Interesting summaryby Aleix Espargaró on the CRT class.
It’s difficult to find someone in the MotoGP™ paddock with the enthusiasm of Aleix Espargaró when facing new adventures, and now that he has the opportunity to return to the top class in 2012 he is especially motivated and enthusiastic. The rider from Granollers, just outside Barcelona, recently debuted the Aspar Team’s Aprilia ART bike at the first preseason test in Valencia, and will continue developing the bike at the Jerez circuit in a test next week. But first he will make a stop in Paterna (Valencia) where his team will officially present the multinational Power Electronics company as their primary sponsor of the MotoGP Aspar Team.

"I see it as an improved Superbike. The times are going to be between a Superbike and MotoGP bike. A little faster than the Superbike, a little slower than a MotoGP bike. In terms of power, I think we can still improve a little. And I think that we’re not too far off. As for electronics, the CRT concept is somewhat less sophisticated than a MotoGP bike, less complex, and with far fewer telemetry channels, but it’s clear that what we have works well and we have to try to improve it."