PDA

View Full Version : Chad's in trouble already!!

eddie
February 17th, 2012, 13:19
Of course they won't do anything until after the 500! Can't come down too hard on the Hendrick organization, now can we!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-seizes-part-of-Jimmie-Johnson-Daytona-500-car-021712

wombat666
February 18th, 2012, 02:49
"Sprint Cup Series officials determined the No. 48 Chevrolet had illegally modified C-posts, an area of sheet metal between the roof and the side windows. It could lead to penalties for Knaus and the team.

Officials cut off the C-posts and planned to ship them to NASCAR's research and development center in Concord, N.C., for further testing. In the meantime, the parts in question were put on display for other teams to examine, a routine procedure for the sanctioning body."

What a total bloody crock!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Terry
February 18th, 2012, 04:39
Pushing the limits contributes to the wins. Chad isn't doing anything new. Junior Johnson shut down his team years ago because he could no longer innovate!

stansdds
February 18th, 2012, 11:32
The trick is to push the limits and not get caught. NASCAR's rules are very stringent and NASCAR inspects everything these days, so cheating is very difficult to do and not get caught. I find it curious that the car left the shop with body parts that would not fit the official templates. Each team is supposed to have templates so the cars are within spec when they come to the inspection stall. I guess Chad was hoping no one would check, they did check, now he's in trouble.

Terry
February 18th, 2012, 12:01
The trick is to push the limits and not get caught. NASCAR's rules are very stringent and NASCAR inspects everything these days, so cheating is very difficult to do and not get caught. I find it curious that the car left the shop with body parts that would not fit the official templates. Each team is supposed to have templates so the cars are within spec when they come to the inspection stall. I guess Chad was hoping no one would check, they did check, now he's in trouble.

According to a Speed reporter it did fit the template points. Chad was fooling around between those points. I guess it don't pay to play games with the NASCAR officials.

stansdds
February 19th, 2012, 01:05
Yeah, I heard that update on Speed last night. No, you don't want to fool around with NASCAR tech people, they will find it and you will pay the price. From what I've heard, Chad is looking at a fine, but that's probably all. If he clearly was outside of the rules, then I agree with NASCAR, but if this is something that fit the template, but the inspectors decided they just did not like it, then I think NASCAR is again treading in the gray areas.

Terry
February 19th, 2012, 02:22
Yeah, I heard that update on Speed last night. No, you don't want to fool around with NASCAR tech people, they will find it and you will pay the price. From what I've heard, Chad is looking at a fine, but that's probably all. If he clearly was outside of the rules, then I agree with NASCAR, but if this is something that fit the template, but the inspectors decided they just did not like it, then I think NASCAR is again treading in the gray areas.

Being as the car was in for first inspection and fit the template I don't think there should be a fine or penalty of any kind. If the officials (didn't like the looks of it), they should have said fix it and thats the end of it. Working with a rule like (DON'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF IT) is impossible, you might as well throw out the rule book as this subjective rule trumps everything.