PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Config Issues.

Lionheart
February 16th, 2012, 16:55
Hey all,

I lost the hard drive to some root virus's that couldnt be cleaned out. I have a fresh new HD. My FS was on another HD. Now, the scenery has tons of errors in it when its booting up; scenery 120 cannot be found, scenery 121 cannot be found, and so on. Probably 50+ errors.

What can I do to repair this? Shall I just rename/delete the former config file and just start reloading all my scenery again? Most of these errors are with Mega Scenery Earth.

When I was getting everything working again on the new HD and new OS, I was able to import over my former data (configs) from the old drive into the new drive, but the scenery seems to have issues.

Many thanks for any input.

Bill

OleBoy
February 16th, 2012, 17:03
Bill, try this.58870

alastairmonk
February 17th, 2012, 01:00
Hi Bill,

This will depend on whether (a) the "missing" scenery is still present but the scenery.cfg reference is incorrect or (b) the missing scenery is no longer present.

For (a) all you should need to do is go into the FS2004 Scenery Editor, select the first of the sceneries with a problem and re-"point" to the correct location on your hard disk. For (b) you can either reinstall the missing scenery and add each to the scenery.cfg or delete the scenery entry.

As you're no doubt aware, FS2004 doesn't care where the scenery is (it could be on a different drive) as long as the entry in the scenery.cfg is correct.

Cheers,

Alastair

Lionheart
February 17th, 2012, 07:21
Thanks Alistair,

I'll give that a go.

I'll check that out Ole Boy.

Bill