PDA

View Full Version : An all new textured repaint for Ltn. Alfred Fleischer

Cazzie
December 20th, 2008, 14:06
A couple weeks ago, I sent up a texture package for this repaint of Stuart Green's Fokker D.VII.

Then Huub kicked everything up a notch by adding texturing to his Pfalz repaints, so the old mad hatter decided he would try his hand at the game with this particular texture. It is amazing how much better the aircraft stand out from the bland flat textures.

So I sent an all new package in both 888-8 32 bit and DXT-3 textures. I even made a brand new prop for you (see attachments) and thus a new propwash to go with it. I added some mud splatter for the undersides of the lower wings and the rudder, also the footsteps. All is there for inclusion in FSX should you desire. I would advise using DX9 mode or the plane's mirror will be black, Preview DX10 removes all Alpha there. In DX9 mode with the new .mdl file and new dsd_xml_sound3.gau, she'll do as well as in FS9. I have noticed a frame hit in about every ported over FS9 aircraft for FSX, so be forewarned. It's not much and depends on the aircraft ported over. Stuart's WW I aircraft generally will run about 3 fps slower in my unit then native FSX aircraft in DX9 mode, up to 5 fps slower in DX10.

The first three screens are FS9, the last three are FSX.

Caz

brad kaste
December 20th, 2008, 14:46
.....I can almost smell the dope drying......:ernae:

Willy
December 20th, 2008, 16:12
Alright! Another D.VII!! :ernae:

Edit: I my excitement I missed that it's an updated set of textures. Still a good deal!