PDA

View Full Version : Alpha's Westland Future Lynx

Blackbird686
February 12th, 2012, 13:26
Just curiosity here... Is there any way to straighten out the rear main gear on the freeware Westland Future Lynx by Alphasim? Or are they perminantly tilted outward and thus relegating the pilot to vertical take off and landings, with no possibility of taxi capability?

Lemme tell you... this helo is a real handful. You really gotta have your stuff together to fly this one.:isadizzy: It's FAST and I might actually be able to go somewhere in this bird.

BB686:USA-flag:

strikehawk
February 12th, 2012, 13:55
The wheels on the real thing are tilted out on the real aircraft, like castors on a bedstead. I don't know if it's possible to straighten them out in FS. I believe that they were made that way in the source file. That said, I don't recall having difficulty with ground operations because of the angle of the wheels, either in FS9 or FSX.

Blackbird686
February 12th, 2012, 14:44
Thanks for the info. I have been able to truck the helo around on the tarmac in FS9, just that it looks a bit odd. Makes me wonder why they were tilted outward like that.

stuartcox
February 12th, 2012, 21:28
Unlike on Alphasim's real Navy Lynx, the Future Lynx's wheels straighten with the tailhook command.
When landing with 'straight' wheels you get a nice arresting sound and the landing gear automatically moves back into the angled position. A nice little animation on this great model.
I suppose the 'angled' gear configuration stops the helicopter from moving around on ships.

Blackbird686
February 13th, 2012, 14:15
I didn't see that in the read-me, but I have the freeware version. Maybe I missed it.... but thanks, Stuart! :salute:

Matt Wynn
February 14th, 2012, 01:44
if i recall the 'Future Lynx's tilted whells was to do with ship movement and to maneuvering the thing around....

nonetheless shes a fun flier and proudly sits with the other Lynx' in my 'FS9 Rotary' install :wiggle: